Quantcast
Torn ACL need some advice - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Torn ACL need some advice

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by AndyL
    Just be cautious as you're in the phase it's easiest to f*ck it up again... It's easy to push too far because it doesn't hurt but realize it's not fully healed. Probably how mine went to sh*t after surgeries, felt good - kept pushing... Then it didn't.
    Yeah I'll be taking it easy. It's still sore and hurts but not as bad as it was. Hopefully get fitted for a custom brace within the next few weeks soon

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by wintonyk

Nice work keep it up. Glad you are having good experience with the physios there. I went through 2 and thought they were useless for me. I would be there for 1.5 hrs and only get 15 minutes of their time. I found that to be a lifemark thing.
    I generally find a lot of physio to be like that. General course of treatment, in my experience, tends to be...
    20 minutes of heat
    15 minutes of massage/exercise/stretching
    20 minutes of ice
    Go home

The only physio that gave a little more attention was Fifth Ave Physio downtown. They seem to understand that people can only disappear from their work for very limited amounts of time. So they give you all the work in like 30 minutes by nixing out the heat and ice unless it's necessary.

If possible, I try to go to athletic therapists. There's a distinction between ATs and physios, and they hate it when you interchange the names.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Originally posted by sexualbanana

I generally find a lot of physio to be like that. General course of treatment, in my experience, tends to be...
    20 minutes of heat
    15 minutes of massage/exercise/stretching
    20 minutes of ice
    Go home

The only physio that gave a little more attention was Fifth Ave Physio downtown. They seem to understand that people can only disappear from their work for very limited amounts of time. So they give you all the work in like 30 minutes by nixing out the heat and ice unless it's necessary.

If possible, I try to go to athletic therapists. There's a distinction between ATs and physios, and they hate it when you interchange the names.
    I guess I have been spoiled in my past physio experiences. Then again I am sure most people only ice/heat/exercise at the clinic and don't take care of themselves at home so its probably proven effective.

I just learned the distinction between physio and AT recently(made the mistake when speaking with an AT).

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I enjoy the heat process before I get into my workout at the clinic and then after I'm done everything the icing process makes it all work while since the knee gets pretty damn swollen.

I ice and heat both at home however very religiously now as part of my day.

I figure since I'm on it already and posting updates I may as well make this a recovery thread and post some pictures here soon to document my recovery.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Getting wheeled out post surgery March 23, 2017- went in at about 11am and woke up at 130am. My blood pressure skyrocketed for some reason post surgery so they kept me a bit to monitor me. Got home at about 430pm that day.

Dressing on the leg. Top one I'm guessing is the incision for the camera?

March 29th next 3 photos is how far i could only get the knee to bend with a wall slide and counter slide/pull

Bruising behind the knee. My guess is both from surgery and swelling along with my brace.

April 3rd

April 5th

April 6th

Bend on Sunday April 8th.

Last night post workout and squats. As you can see swelling is still very substantial. I was told yesterday in physio once the wounds heal on the knee completely I can go use the hot/cold tub at the physio place to control the swelling a little bit.

I hit a 123 degree bend yesterday as well. Pretty good considering by the 6 week mark they want you hitting 130. So almost there.

how to screen capture

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Hit 134 degree bend today! WAY ahead of schedule. From the booklet they gave me on time lines it looks like I'm 2-3 weeks ahead of where I need to be. Super happy with those results. Waiting to see surgeon now to see when I can get fitted for a brace.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Spoke with surgeon- sounds like I won't be fitted for a brace for quite some time.

Bonus is doing weight training now. Hip abductor machines at the gym, hamstring curls, and leg press machine with some single leg action as well. Getting better and better and muscle is coming back (still half the size of my other leg but can definitely notice the muscle now again)

Biking a good 20 min a day right now. Gonna start hoping it to 25 min prob end of this week.

Here's a pic of how the scar is looking almost 4 weeks post surgery. Should be able to hit the hot/cold tub next week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3