Quantcast
Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight. - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by ercchry

Impairment was never the issue either when employers are able to test if you have used it in the last month
    I agree with this. For a long time, testing and enforcement very much centred around the legality and attitude associated with its use. I'm sure it still does for many.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by ae92gts

I've wondered this exact thing for awhile. I was a chronic user for years. I quit solely because of my job, having that worry in the back of my mind drove me nuts. I haven't smoked in years now. Depending on how employment testing is changed/implemented I may start smoking recreationally again (that's if it will ever become legal lol)

I know some companies swab your mouth for THC, I've heard it will test positive if you've smoked in the last 12 hours, and negative anything over 12 hours. I could be completely wrong.
    With the current legal status, I wonder if companies can make an exception with prescription holders? If you can hold prescriptions for harder medications, I don't see why it would be a problem IMO.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Ran into the same issue as OP and Bongs & Such on Macleod- asked for a shatter pen and got carded! I think it's their policy but I think it's a bit much. I badgered him and he said if you asked for a "concentrates" pen, or just asked for the brandy you were looking for they should sell it to you- I would just order online if possible, it's cheaper anyways

It clearly says on the front door and on the counters, behind the counter, on the shelves, basically everywhere what not to say to avoid having issues in B & S.

The only positive I can find with the Liberal government is that the MIGHT reverse the course of the current "war on drugs", starting with MJ. IMO at this point complete legalization is the best route forward, for all drugs. Look at where the "war" has taken us, ever increasing use of all kinds of drugs, including extremely dangerous opioids like Carfentanyl and W/xx and U4/etc. It just goes on and on. They made huge strides to end the "oxycontin nightmare". Look where that got us - all doctors just switched to prescribing fentanyl, which is much more difficult for addicts to find a "high" and not also shut down their respiratory system, as well as it's easier for anyone to manufacture and distribute outside of the pharmacy chain (and they do, every dark web market has piles of Fent and other research chems for sale). The only thing that came out of the war on oxycontin was a more dangerous drug which is even more widespread. Yet no matter how much law enforcement and punishment - and money - that gets thrown at the drug war, the worse things keep getting.

Taking the $ out of organized crime and putting the control of addictive drugs mostly into the hands of the medical/pharmacy chain, and focusing on treatment, and where treatment fails at least management, will end up saving lives, as well as a lot of money in terms of the l/e, legal, prison, and other systems propped up by taxpayers in this stupid drug war.

It's completely ridiculous that MJ isn't legal while alcohol is, and making it 100% legal is a good start, but it's just a start.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Gman.45
    IMO at this point complete legalization is the best route forward, for all drugs.
    I agree, but I disagree with doing maintenance, no medical services provided to those who OD IMO and only money for services that require the addict to seek help (you can't treat someone who doesn't want to be treated).

Part of the problem with the epidemic is we are saving those who clearly don't want to live, and the current model is broken. All the current system does is perpetuate a cycle. We've decided assisted suicide is legal, so its not a huge stretch to allow people to kill themselves and not revive them.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...ust-sustain-it

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11