Quantcast
Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Re Cannabis. Wow things are tight.

I don't smoke, but I hardly see how you can blanket statement everyone who smokes as being unproductive people.

I think individual personality traits lead more to that lifestyle than weed. MJ won't make you lazy, your lazy self does.

I will say that I only know a handful of smokers and they are all financial stable.
    Last edited by R154; 03-04-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Or they fell into a bunch of money.

How many stoners waste their life living on unemployment while sitting on a sofa playing Xbox waiting for their grandparents, or parents to expire so they can have a huge windfall and build an electric car, or start a DJ franchise, or a house out of hemp-crete?
    I don't know man, you're the one with all the info on this subject. Post your stats.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

R154 does have it right, throwing a blanket statement out there is never a good stance, however I think in that the stereotype is representative of a large number of chronics.
    "Think" is the hey word there. I know a lot of people who smoke regularly and of those people, the ones I know who smoke the most are very high functioning, most of whom own their own companies and are much more successful than your average joe. One of them is my cousin, a decades long smoker whose company is valued at approx. 60 million US presently.

Anecdotal? Yup. But so is your opinion.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 03-04-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

No point arguing with someone who refuses to look at facts, or reality in general.
    And definitely don't wanna tell him that he likely deals with potheads all the time, but never realizes it. As they don't fit into the stereotypical image he believes so strongly. Wouldn't want him to freak out.

This is exactly why the vast majority of "stoners" keep it to themselves.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Do successful people typically refer to themselves as stoners?

Sugarphreak, have you ever smoked pot before?

Or, were you the one kid in hs that believed all the antidrug nonsense about your life going down in flames if you smoked weed or did a few bumps of blow?

I find it odd that as an adult you have such a negative view of a plant. A substance that has been battle tested by humans and animals for thousands of years.

I smoked when I was a youth. Shit, I did in university. As a working adult I don't. Not because it's bad, but because I don't really know where to find any. The CEO and owner of my company as well as several other key rolemen that I know of, they are open about smoking weed, regularly. I'm not saying I'm going to jump at smoking because I can get a mm card. But it's nice to know there is an option if I ever do have the desire.

There has been an almost epidemic explosion of people in the 55+ age bracket that smoke now, because it's easier to be legal. And good for them.

The antidrug campaign is good for youths that don't yet understand responsibility or moderation. But to look down on both recreational and medical adult users in the face of a lot of research is downright silly.

Sorry your parents lied to you and made you believe drugs are gonna end you, but they won't and don't as long as you're not a retard. However, if you're a retard, you'd have found a way to be a retard, regardless of drug use. Retarded people make retarded decisions.

Your misplaced image of what a "stoner" is, isn't good enough reason to oppose it.
    Last edited by R154; 03-05-2017 at 08:07 AM.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:35 PM.

You've had bad experiences I get it. But what is confusing I think to many in this thread is you say you support legalization yet talk about how the majority of users are giant pieces of shit and spew propaganda from 50 years ago.

It is like claiming you support gay marriage and then talking about how most gays are pedophiles and that you've never met a gay person who wasn't some deviant piece of shit.

Pick a side at least, don't play this political type game
    Last edited by J-hop; 03-05-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:36 PM.

The issue I have is that a lot of pro-pot people just pretend like chronic smokers doesn't exist. That bad things could never possibly result from smoking weed. The reality is that the number of chronics out there very likely outweigh rec users by a pretty significant number.
    I don't know where you are coming up with these numbers but I guarantee you the number of casual smokers outweighs chronics just like the number of casual drinkers outweigh the alcoholics.

I feel that you have a strong aversion to weed and people that use it because of your bad experiences growing up (regardless of what you say your political stance on it is).

Unless you are completely different in person you are the last person a casual smoker will open up to so you are never going to hear about casual smokers and therefore have inadvertently influenced the empirical statistics you collect in your daily interactions.

Of course chronics exist but their chronic personality is the issue, not weed or alcohol. So I'm not sure why they are relevant to the conversation and keep getting brought up....

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with job site tolerance and testing.

Pot might become legal but that's not going to change the fact that drug and alcohol policies exist. Drug testing methods are going to need to be able to properly distinguish between current chemicals in your system right now, versus "legacy" results from past recreational use from a previous weekend or whatever. Otherwise it could become a complicated legal mess in regards to who is hireable and what constitutes grounds for termination with cause.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

It is an opinion, you guys can agree or disagree, but it is probably better informed and more realistic than most
    You aren't necessarily more informed, everything you've experienced is obviously anecdotal, but you do have an interesting take on the weed smokers based on your life on the island.

I've heard stories similar from buddies of mine who grew up in Duncan, BC. So I get where you are coming from. However, it IS anecdotal, and so are my experiences. Any argument that continues are pretty much mute on this topic. It is what it is I guess.

Personally, everyone I know who smokes pot has a job, most have kids, they live regular lives and are generally successful. I'll extend an olive branch here by agreeing with what you're saying about annoying potheads. Those people are fucking annoying. And yes, there are definitely chronic users who abuse it. I've said people can get addicted to anything, including pot. But I'd have to disagree with the point that chronics outweigh recreational/seldom users.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

The issue I have is that a lot of pro-pot people just pretend like chronic smokers doesn't exist.
    Even if they did, so what?

The reality is that the number of chronics out there very likely outweigh rec users by a pretty significant number.
    You're way off the mark on this one Sugar. Like I wrote a couple of pages ago, most rec users are:

"My wife occasionally smokes pot, and not only would you never know it, but she's one of the most responsible and respectable person I know. Heck, the worst thing she does is leave the lights on everywhere. It pisses me off that her, or someone like her, can literally have their lives ruined because they occasionally and responsibly smoke pot".

It's a typical backwards law (and there are many), that derive from ignorance, dogma, and self righteousness.

Bluntman and Chronic

I'm definitely a chronic user, have been for at least 13 years. Went to university, got a degree. Got a job. Bought a house. Bought a car. Doesn't/didn't seem to effect my drive to be successful.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Chester
    I'm definitely a chronic user, have been for at least 13 years. Went to university, got a degree. Got a job. Bought a house. Bought a car. Doesn't/didn't seem to effect my drive to be successful.
    But stoners, man. Burnouts that never go anywhere.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Altima

Originally posted by Inzane
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens with job site tolerance and testing.

Pot might become legal but that's not going to change the fact that drug and alcohol policies exist. Drug testing methods are going to need to be able to properly distinguish between current chemicals in your system right now, versus "legacy" results from past recreational use from a previous weekend or whatever. Otherwise it could become a complicated legal mess in regards to who is hireable and what constitutes grounds for termination with cause.
    I've wondered this exact thing for awhile. I was a chronic user for years. I quit solely because of my job, having that worry in the back of my mind drove me nuts. I haven't smoked in years now. Depending on how employment testing is changed/implemented I may start smoking recreationally again (that's if it will ever become legal lol)

I know some companies swab your mouth for THC, I've heard it will test positive if you've smoked in the last 12 hours, and negative anything over 12 hours. I could be completely wrong.
    Originally posted by WongYue

10% of a litre bike throttle should mean a 100cc right? I think I can handle that.

I don't know why it would change work policies, the legality was never the issue

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Antonito
    I don't know why it would change work policies, the legality was never the issue
    Impairment was never the issue either when employers are able to test if you have used it in the last month

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast