Quantcast
Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations

I had my car wrapped at Refine. They did a pretty good job. They had to go back and redo a couple sections but I'm pretty anal with that stuff. I'd recommend them. Shadow Tint is good as well.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Bump:

Anyone had a full prep detail, 3M, and protection coating (cquartz or equivalent) done in Calgary recently? Auto Obsessions style good quality one stop shop type of work (sorry not driving to Edmonton to get a car cleaned...)?

Does refine do coatings (in particular the coatings that can be applied with 3M/expel)?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

I think SR international does coatings and films

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Originally posted by killramos
    Bump:

Anyone had a full prep detail, 3M, and protection coating (cquartz or equivalent) done in Calgary recently? Auto Obsessions style good quality one stop shop type of work (sorry not driving to Edmonton to get a car cleaned...)?

Does refine do coatings (in particular the coatings that can be applied with 3M/expel)?
    I had ceramic coating applied to my car at SR International. Nothing but good things to say about Rainer and his team. They did a phenomenal job, attention to detail was first class

My Ride
    ute

bump.

for a weekend non-daily is it worth it to get the ceramic or opti-coat? Seems the bigger benefit there is the easier maintenance on a daily driver.

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Benefit of nano coatings not only provide easy maintenance. Remember the main purpose of these coatings are for protection. Which is why they were called paint protection coatings. Offering high chemical resistance (acid, alkaline, bird poo etc), UV resistance and somewhat of a light scratch resistance. The extreme gloss, slickness and easy to maintenance are more of an added bonus. There are many types of coatings to suit all needs. Ranging from $500-$1200.

My Ride
    has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Bump:

I just had my M3 re-delivered to me after my European Delivery and I brought it straight to Jed (previously Mobile Reflections but now manages the Porsche detail department) for the paint correction and he did an amazing job, he called me to confirm when I'm coming to pick up the car because there was an area he wasn't 100% happy with. Immediately after I picked up the car I drove it directly to Darren at Thompson Graphics where I had a lot of Suntek Ultra PPF applied with edges wrapped. If you are debating regular Suntek or Suntek Ultra, the Ultra is worth it, it is a lot less tacky than any of the films I've seen which is a huge bonus for me. On a side note, from my research and talking with a few installers, I would go Suntek over Xpel as I've heard that it has better clarity and it is much easier to work with resulting in a better install.

Today I dropped off my car back to Jed at Porsche for a final clean and touch up then Opti-Coat Pro+ will be applied. Once I get the car back I'm happy to show the results but so far I'm extremely happy with both Jed's and Darren's workmanship and customer service. I've used both before for my 899 Panigale and girlfriend's 328, prices from Jed and Darren are very reasonable.

Regarding Jed/Mobile Reflections - Do some research here on Beyond, he is quite well known and regarded as one of the best detailers. His passion of the subject shows through his work and his customer service is top notch. I'm sure that Jed could have done the PPF but I've used Thompson's before and like their work, Jed had no issues with my bringing the car outside for PPF then bringing it back for a touch up and Opti-Coating.

Another thumbs up for Jed. Had my wife's new XC90 Opti Coated (Opti Coat Pro+) and PPF done at Porsche. Top notch work and wonderful customer service.

My Ride
    This and that.

Bump:

If you plan to wrap your entire car in either a clear wrap or stealth wrap do you still get it detailed and ceramic coating before doing that? How does it work exactly in terms of what you do if you want to wrap the entire vehicle?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Bump:

If you plan to wrap your entire car in either a clear wrap or stealth wrap do you still get it detailed and ceramic coating before doing that? How does it work exactly in terms of what you do if you want to wrap the entire vehicle?
    I'm no expert, but a nano coating prior to wrap doesn't make sense, to me. The surface should simply be perfectly clean so that the wrap can adhere.
    After the wrap deteriorates and needs to be replaced you should have that clean surface so that the wrap can either be repaired or removed. I wouldn't expect it to adhere correctly if the base surface was truly nano protected in the first place because how is it supposed to bond to a surface that is gloriously treated to prevent ANYTHING from sticking to it. If you want to nano the wrap afterward to add protection, that seems rational but coating prior to that just seems like using clear coat in place of primer before actually painting. That sounds crazy.
    $0.02

My Ride
    This and that.

^That was exactly my thinking. So people would likely then get a detailing first, wrap the entire car in stealth or whatever wrap and then ceramic coat for further protection. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

My Ride
    ute

they will usually wash the car for you.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

^That was exactly my thinking. So people would likely then get a detailing first, wrap the entire car in stealth or whatever wrap and then ceramic coat for further protection. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    That is correct. You need to have a detailing to ensure paint is not contaminated and as clean as possible before film is applied. Then you can ceramic coat on top if you like. You do not put ceramic coating before film.

I have full XPEL Ultimate with Opticoat+.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Any good PPF install involved a thorough detailing / paint preparation to ensure the install goes properly. It’s a huge part of the cost.

Ceramic on top of PPF won’t really protect the car any better, but will make it look better and far easier to clean.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Shadow does a full decontamination before putting on the film. They also wax the film after. I’m getting Stek which has a hydrophobic coating built in.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Shadow does a full decontamination before putting on the film. They also wax the film after. I’m getting Stek which has a hydrophobic coating built in.
    If you don't mind, share how much it's all costing you and exactly what is being done. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you don't mind, share how much it's all costing you and exactly what is being done. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks.
    benyl and I get all our cars done at shadow. Pretty sure we have preferred rates because we’re regulars.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Stek has been much better than any of my previous installations at Shadow. The hydrophobic coating really helps with cleaning and it looks a bit thinner with less distortion.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Yeah, can’t really share my pricing, but you can name drop me and they will give you a better price than walking off the street. I can PM you a number to contact. They only talk to blue bubbles now. Haha. Just kidding.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I don't get it too .. Just do whatever I was told to ..

Have my whole car wrap, then ceramic coat ... so, the ceramic coat is protecting the Xpel, not really protecting the paint?

The ceramic coating also make the Xpel "harden", not as flexible, so the "edge" peer off a bit.. *_*

Now I am wondering does it really help if apply the ceramic coat on wheel and brake ... (Black/gun metal wheels do chipped easily)
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast