Quantcast
Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations

My Ride
    Beetle

Default Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations

Looking at wrapping my car with either XPEL Ultimate or XPEL Stealth this spring and would like to get some opinions from those of you who have done a full wrap on your vehicle; which shop did you take your car to and how did it turn out? Any issues with the quality of work received? How did the wrapped edges turn out? Thanks in advance!

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Refine Auto.

Highest quality wrap in the city.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

1+ for Refine Auto. Got some stuff done by them last summer and going back this spring to get some more Xpell

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

+3 Refine all the way

Tint tech for me! Curtis and team did a great job.

My Ride
    Ram

^ curtis @ tint tech

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Jared at premier or shadow.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Curtis @ Tint Tech. wrapped two cars now with XPEL Ult. what a beaut!

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Another +1 for the guys at tint tech. Had xpel ultimate and tint done by them. Awesome team, absolutely no complains.
    Last edited by Tej.S; 04-24-2017 at 06:39 PM.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

I use Thompson's Graphics for all my cars

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
    I use Thompson's Graphics for all my cars
    I used them as well. Amazing work, but not the cheapest.

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Have you considered SunTek films?

Based on my years of experiences with SunTek, Xpel and 3M Pro series...Suntek is actually better.

It has less orange peels and because of how the film is made, less stretch marks. Price is also less than Xpel Ultimate.

Now if you are worrying about warranty, SunTek has a new hydropobic film which offers 10 years warranty to match Xpel's.

As for installers, +1 for Darren at Thompson. (even though we install it as well)

My Ride
    Beetle

rlim891, who are you with? Was curious about SunTek, I didn't know they have a different film available with a similar warranty to XPEL Ultimate. I will be replacing some older 3M that has started to look a bit weathered and want something a little more durable and has good self-healing properties; most queries point towards XPEL Ultimate, but am always open to suggestions.

I've historically gone to Refine and have gone there for many years, however I wanted to do my DD and contacted a bunch of shops around town for quotes. I did have some stuff done from Thompson before as well, as they were the installer for the dealership I bought my car from. Both Refine and Thompson have been great to me, however I did see a lot of positive feedback on Tint Tech and have contacted them for a quote.

All are within 10% of each other on XPEL Ultimate so it's really coming down to who I trust most with my car. I was going to go stealth, but after getting a sample last Friday and testing it on the car, I'm thinking I'll stick with the gloss look as the colour doesn't lend well to a stealth finish (dark grey/silver) but want to re-do a bunch of the film that was previously applied and would like to get the edges wrapped for a cleaner look.

Thanks for all of the input; it doesn't look like we have a clear cut winner as all three mentioned in this thread were in my short list. From the sounds of things, I don't think I could go wrong with either one of the three and it will most likely come down to pricing.

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Originally posted by Illusive 4-2
    rlim891, who are you with? Was curious about SunTek, I didn't know they have a different film available with a similar warranty to XPEL Ultimate. I will be replacing some older 3M that has started to look a bit weathered and want something a little more durable and has good self-healing properties; most queries point towards XPEL Ultimate, but am always open to suggestions.

I've historically gone to Refine and have gone there for many years, however I wanted to do my DD and contacted a bunch of shops around town for quotes. I did have some stuff done from Thompson before as well, as they were the installer for the dealership I bought my car from. Both Refine and Thompson have been great to me, however I did see a lot of positive feedback on Tint Tech and have contacted them for a quote.

All are within 10% of each other on XPEL Ultimate so it's really coming down to who I trust most with my car. I was going to go stealth, but after getting a sample last Friday and testing it on the car, I'm thinking I'll stick with the gloss look as the colour doesn't lend well to a stealth finish (dark grey/silver) but want to re-do a bunch of the film that was previously applied and would like to get the edges wrapped for a cleaner look.

Thanks for all of the input; it doesn't look like we have a clear cut winner as all three mentioned in this thread were in my short list. From the sounds of things, I don't think I could go wrong with either one of the three and it will most likely come down to pricing.
    Rich and Darren are both great installers. Darren offers Suntek films as well. Their new film is called SunTek Ultra.

I'm with SR International. We strictly do paint protection. Coatings and films only. If needed we can show you a comparison on Suntek and xpel films to help you decide . Now keep in mind PPF industry has blown quite big at SEMA last year. There are about 5 more PPF manufacturers offering self healing, hydrophobic and optical clarity.

SunTek from Darren & AJ @ Thompson goes on all my stuff. Last F450 had 260k/km on standard SunTek, peeled a bunch of it off and only about 3 of the major major rocks barely went through, the truck looked amazing for the amount of highway abuse it had seen.

Z still rocks their SunTek from ~7+ years ago I think, looks great still vs. 3M vehicles we have in the family.

My Ride
    something green

Whats the cost on average to do a 2 door coupe?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Originally posted by Maxt
    With PPF it really depends on what coverage you are looking for and film.

The average full front (24" Hood/fenders/mirrors/bumper) retails anywhere between $550-$650 with some of the top installers/shops.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Maxt
    Full wrap?

$3500-$6K depending on the grade of film and the size of the car.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Are the new films considered hail proof (aside from the softball size flukes)?
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

I'm going to guess that no film is hail proof, and no film maker would ever take the risk of advertising as much due to the variability of things like hail. I'm sure it would mitigate it though, especially the really small stuff that probably wouldn't do much damage anyway. Golf ball hail though, all bets are off haha.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast