Quantcast
Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ShadowTint uses Stek. Nanodefense, Xpel. PAF= ?.

ShadowTint has always been good to me and I prefer the hydrophobic Stek to Xpel.
    I like the look of Suntek but the adhesive isn't as strong as Xpel. In my experience it doesn't take much water pressure to lift the edges of Suntek film. I went back to Xpel because it's one less thing to worry about.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    I like the look of Suntek but the adhesive isn't as strong as Xpel. In my experience it doesn't take much water pressure to lift the edges of Suntek film. I went back to Xpel because it's one less thing to worry about.
    Not much different from the Xpel on my car then.
    Edges started lifting not even a year after installation. This is without manual washing and just using the Shell carwash.
    This was on multiple panels on both sides of the car, fender and rocker panels.
    I have stopped going to the Shell carwash but after it got fixed I noticed over the weekend that there's spots where it's starting again.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I haven't had issues with Stek other than it some lemon peel look at certain angles and that it seems a little thinner. Besides. Stronger adhesive will just rip off the Tesla paint when I have to change it out.

A Handy Towel, eh?
    It's quite handy. And if you drop it you don't have to throw it out like you do a $30 clay bar.

Got my vehicle back from Rainer @ NanoDefense today from a full Xpel wrap, his team did an amazing job. He bent over backwards to work within both my budget and timeline and I couldn't be happier.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pics of him bent over backwards? . . . . . .

jk, he's getting my truck in a couple days, don't want to piss him off yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Got my vehicle back from Rainer @ NanoDefense today from a full Xpel wrap, his team did an amazing job. He bent over backwards to work within both my budget and timeline and I couldn't be happier.
    So he is good, fast, and cheap? My EIT training says that is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Haha yes, I would say he fits all 3 criteria.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    What did you buy ?

I had Focus done by Tint Tech a few years ago. Took my RAV4 to them yesterday and they did an excellent job.

My Ride
    Random cars

RE: Tint Tech. Also had PPF done on my ATSV and my wife’s Golf. Definitely recommend these guys.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Tint Tech has served me well.
    I think I will try Jed for my next vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Stek and Suntek are two different brand films. Those films with hydrophobic properties, def don't last long. Steks properties only last 5-6months and it will lose its selfhealing ability as well.
    if the choices are only between those two I would go with Suntek.

imo I would go with Premium Shield - much better clarity/better adhesive/the vehicle kits fit nicer compared to Xpel (unsure who has it in calgary.)

Or Xpel since its more regularly available to the most shops.

- Film installer as my day job. So I've test a lot of different films over the years.
    Last edited by Heru-Farukon; 09-24-2020 at 01:16 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Somebody quoting things without reading them? On the internet?
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN
    Originally posted by Toma
    First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in

Even with the Beyond discount, Nano Defense was not the cheapest (thats not a knock, I assume quality costs money). I did have some extras done, but going elsewhere could have saved anywhere from $400-$1000. So he isn't cheap.

First time getting PPF and ceramic coating done together. I don't know what my expectations are. I will say that bug guts are not any easier to get off, which surprises me.

Hydrophobic properties also seem gone. I have to talk with Rainer though, understand I'm not knocking his work, I just didn't have time to go over all the care and maintenance suggestions. This was also only the 2 year ceramic coat.

They did PPF the black painted B-pillars between the front and back doors, but the PPF doesn't cover the leading edge, which kind of seems to defeat the point. I didn't notice this when picking up, but when washing the truck, the amount of bugs killed by that little edge is surprising. And since it isn't covered by the PPF, seems a prime candidate for chips.

The PPF application overall is great though, especially the extras he did. There are zero application problems like bubbles or poor coverage (except the B-pillar). Like I said, not knocking his work, I think Beyond honestly pumps the gas a bit too hard over ceramic coating. I have not asked him to fix or look over ANYTHING yet, I am sure if I brought the truck in, he would work with me.

Call this a "mid" review of the whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Even with the Beyond discount, Nano Defense was not the cheapest (thats not a knock, I assume quality costs money). I did have some extras done, but going elsewhere could have saved anywhere from $400-$1000. So he isn't cheap.

First time getting PPF and ceramic coating done together. I don't know what my expectations are. I will say that bug guts are not any easier to get off, which surprises me.

Hydrophobic properties also seem gone. I have to talk with Rainer though, understand I'm not knocking his work, I just didn't have time to go over all the care and maintenance suggestions. This was also only the 2 year ceramic coat.

They did PPF the black painted B-pillars between the front and back doors, but the PPF doesn't cover the leading edge, which kind of seems to defeat the point. I didn't notice this when picking up, but when washing the truck, the amount of bugs killed by that little edge is surprising. And since it isn't covered by the PPF, seems a prime candidate for chips.

The PPF application overall is great though, especially the extras he did. There are zero application problems like bubbles or poor coverage (except the B-pillar). Like I said, not knocking his work, I think Beyond honestly pumps the gas a bit too hard over ceramic coating. I have not asked him to fix or look over ANYTHING yet, I am sure if I brought the truck in, he would work with me.

Call this a "mid" review of the whole process.

If you have film, it's less important to pay for a ceramic coating IMO. The products themselves are cheap, you're mostly paying for the labor.

I have Xpel Ultimate Plus and I put Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic coating on it and after a long evening drive, 100% of the bug guts came off with a single wipe of quick detail spray and a good microfiber cloth. Make sure you're using quality microfiber, they are so much more effective at "grabbing" things off of your car.

If you want the ceramic coating to maintain it's hydrophobicity over time, you need to maintain it by washing it properly and keeping it free of other contaminants. The other reason I like over the counter coatings is that they are easy to "reload" since the quick detail sprays and wet ceramic waxes all leave a fresh ceramic layer on top, restoring all of the original qualities like water sheeting (beading is useless IMO, you want it to sheet). If you want to get a coating and just leave it, it will lose things like hydrophobicity if you don't maintain it properly.

I have used ceramic coatings for the last ~4 years and I will never go back. You just need to understand their limitations but they offer so many benefits. I think most people who end up disappointed don't maintain them over time, which does take some effort.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-24-2020 at 09:38 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Heru-Farukon View Post
    Stek and Suntek are two different brand films. Those films with hydrophobic properties, def don't last long. Steks properties only last 5-6months and it will lose its selfhealing ability as well.
    Yeah, that is why I spray the car and the windows with Turtle wax Ceramic spray. Goes on super easy, cheap and no worries about fucking up a ceramic coat. It's been 6 months and it looks like it needs a refresh before winter.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Yeah, that is why I spray the car and the windows with Turtle wax Ceramic spray. Goes on super easy, cheap and no worries about fucking up a ceramic coat. It's been 6 months and it looks like it needs a refresh before winter.
    Did you do 2 coats or one with the spray?

I like the companion products too, the detail spray and wet wax.

I did my GF's car with the 2in1 Creamic polish too and wow, all of the swirls are gone and it leaves a ceramic coating behind. Just maintain with the detail spray and wet ceramic wax. So easy.

My Ride

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic spray worked for me over the Stek. Bugs came off easily with a quick detailer and blue paper towel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    I didn't get the Killramos/Mitsu/ExtraSlow discount either despite having a rep power above zero. At least he responded to me very quickly.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The only time I got Ceramic, I didn't maintain it, and I swear the vehicle was harder to clean than plain paint. I'm not paying a pro for their time again, but I may do the home spray stuff once or twice a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Shadow Tint quoted me almost $6K for the wrap That is the last call I will make to that shop haha. My neighbor also had a bad experience with them which didn't help.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast