Educate me on CBD Oil - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Educate me on CBD Oil

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much THC?
    2-3% usually. There are higher blends but I don't like to use them if I'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    2-3% usually. There are higher blends but I don't like to use them if I'm driving.

Where do you find something like that?
    Most placed I've been to sell either high THC, or THC free CBD

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    Where do you find something like that?
    Most placed I've been to sell either high THC, or THC free CBD
    It's not even the THC it just needs some THC - someone with cancer who is taking CBD told me, having CBD itself (Like in Europe) doesn't work as well as having some THC, you shouldn't feel like but it needs some THC - i think all of the CBD oils have some THC but it's minimal..

In Europe i think it has to have under 1 or 2% THC, but under 3% basically good for you (You don't feel your high)

Edit: It's just usually sold out in stores but any CBD oil has some THC in it usually...
    With all that said CBD didn't do much for me, but i did purchase some glasses that block bluelight since i'm by the computer a lot daily, it's really helped my eyes it's good for sleep after too..
    Last edited by Kobe; 11-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    It's not even the THC it just needs some THC - someone with cancer who is taking CBD told me, having CBD itself (Like in Europe) doesn't work as well as having some THC, you shouldn't feel like but it needs some THC - i think all of the CBD oils have some THC but it's minimal..

In Europe i think it has to have under 1 or 2% THC, but under 3% basically good for you (You don't feel your high)

Edit: It's just usually sold out in stores but any CBD oil has some THC in it usually...
    With all that said CBD didn't do much for me,
    Seems pricey.
    My boss recommended Solei Free, bit less potent 8-12 mg CBD, and 2 or less MG THC.
    So far still can't say it helps with any pain, but sleep and mood definitely improved.

Name:  cbd.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  30.8 KB

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

BUMP.

I use(d) CBD for tendonitis in my ankles and knees and it makes a huge difference in the pain level on bad days. It was a pretty huge game changer from going to sleep with ice packs, compression braces, or TENS machines hooked up. I am currently a client of Revolution Medical Cannabis and used to order high CBD low THC in pill and oil form from Cann Trust but since they went out of business I was switched to Revolution Medical's inhouse pharmacy. I just had one of their annoying 3 month phone check ins and asked to be switched to a different pharmacy because of how brutal it is to reorder from them and how poor their support is but instead got screamed at by the agent (who coincidentally was named Karen) telling me I am a liar and the problem is with me not them. Needless to say I am looking for a different Medical Office or CBD hook up.

Is it even necessary anymore to go through the prescription route anymore? Is there any benefit doing that versus going to a pot shop if I know what works for me? If the prescription route still makes the most sense who seems to have good service or what supplier should I be looking at? Cann Trust was good because it was like going on amazon, searching products and putting in an order that fit within the prescribed amount and it was at my house a few days later. I could get pills, oils, and a535 type lotions in a decent supply pretty easily and the "prescription refill" was uploaded seemlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Does your employer care? If yes then that might be a case where you should continue the prescription route... also is that insurance claimable?

Otherwise, I have no idea what the difference in product might be.

My Ride
    NC1

Oh I’m sure you can just check off any pot shop just compare the percentages and you’re good to go unless I’m missing something
    I used cannabis oils for a good 4-5 years. Value buds in every corner looks like you just need a 99% cbd and 1% thc, should be plenty. Good lucky
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I doubt they’ve given medical a DIN (biggest issue if you have a drug plan for claiming it). If you’re just after CBD, no mg limit there… so the pot stores should be easy enough. Pricing is probably similar too

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Does your employer care? If yes then that might be a case where you should continue the prescription route... also is that insurance claimable?

Otherwise, I have no idea what the difference in product might be.
    I've discussed it with my direct manager and they don't care as long as I am sober. I've taken various pee tests and never failed so I don't think the straight CBD (super low THC) will show up. It helps that my boss is also a broken human dealing with shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I doubt they’ve given medical a DIN (biggest issue if you have a drug plan for claiming it). If you’re just after CBD, no mg limit there… so the pot stores should be easy enough. Pricing is probably similar too
    No there is no DIN on any of the bottles I've gotten so I know I can't claim it with my health insurance however it looks like it is eligible to write off via CRA health expense if its from a licensed medical distributor which must be new because it wasn't on there when I started this "journey". I now that for sure because for a while I was a contractor and my corp was set up as a PHSP and the administrator kept rejecting the CBD claims.

Quote Originally Posted by CRA
    Medical cannabis (marihuana) – the amounts paid for cannabis, cannabis oil, cannabis plant seeds, or cannabis products purchased for medical purposes from a holder of a licence for sale (as defined in subsection 264(1) of the Cannabis Regulations). The patient must be a holder of a medical document (as defined in subsection 264(1) of the Cannabis Regulations). The Cannabis Regulations require that the patient be registered as a client of the holder of a licence for sale and require the patient to make their purchases from the holder they are registered with.
    Last edited by schurchill39; 03-06-2024 at 12:35 AM.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    BUMP.SNIP.
    So you do find effective relief from pain using that? If so, and you want to share what you're using, please do. Currently enjoying what I think is tendonitis in my right arm, along with 3 years of general hip/knee pain from sports/repetitive injuries.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    So you do find effective relief from pain using that? If so, and you want to share what you're using, please do. Currently enjoying what I think is tendonitis in my right arm, along with 3 years of general hip/knee pain from sports/repetitive injuries.
    I was only formally diagnosed with tendonitis at the end of last year via x-rays and ultrasounds, up until that point I thought it was arthritis because it only ever flared up really bad when the weather would change drastically or I had an abnormally long day of being on my feet exerting myself. I always had a constant ache but big weather changes made it espeically brutal - almost to the point of putting me in tears.

Originally I was taking naproxen and advil multiple times a day and throughout the night just to sleep but thats obviously not good for your guts. I got on the CBD as a last ditch effort not really thinking much of it because I dont use cannabis at all but was desperate. I BELIEVE the high content CBD oil was something like 25mg/ml and I was taking it ~2 times a day. It took about a month to feel any effects but when it finally kicked in it made a huge difference. I went from waking ~4 times a week up in the middle of the night to put on the TENS machine or wrap ice packs on my knees in order to fall back asleep down to maybe once a month. The longer I was on it the more theraputic benefit I feel that I got.

It never got rid of the constant slight ache but it gave me enough relief where I could manage with only compression wraps and very rarely advil or naproxen. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night unless its a huge weather change or I've had a big physical day so maybe 5 times a year total. When the provider I was using (Estora which was CANN Trust) came out with the capsuls it made a big difference on the convenience side of things. I could order 6-10 bottles at a time and when we were on shoulder seasons I would double up the doses for a month or so and ride it out. The downside to this all is I felt like it was pretty expensive but at the end of the day the relief was worth the cost to me.

I ran out about a month ago and this new pharmacy is a pain to deal with so I havent been able to reup and I am starting to feel the bigger pain come back, especially with the big weather changes going on right now. I actually just found the TENS machine again and sat with it for an hour last night and I haven't done that since like 2019
    Last edited by schurchill39; 03-06-2024 at 09:34 AM.
    I'm generally cute.

BUMP.

I use(d) CBD for tendonitis in my ankles and knees and it makes a huge difference in the pain level on bad days. It was a pretty huge game changer from going to sleep with ice packs, compression braces, or TENS machines hooked up. I am currently a client of Revolution Medical Cannabis and used to order high CBD low THC in pill and oil form from Cann Trust but since they went out of business I was switched to Revolution Medical's inhouse pharmacy. I just had one of their annoying 3 month phone check ins and asked to be switched to a different pharmacy because of how brutal it is to reorder from them and how poor their support is but instead got screamed at by the agent (who coincidentally was named Karen) telling me I am a liar and the problem is with me not them. Needless to say I am looking for a different Medical Office or CBD hook up.

Is it even necessary anymore to go through the prescription route anymore? Is there any benefit doing that versus going to a pot shop if I know what works for me? If the prescription route still makes the most sense who seems to have good service or what supplier should I be looking at? Cann Trust was good because it was like going on amazon, searching products and putting in an order that fit within the prescribed amount and it was at my house a few days later. I could get pills, oils, and a535 type lotions in a decent supply pretty easily and the "prescription refill" was uploaded seemlessly.
    I am using a stick (think deodorant) with 1:1 CBD to THC post op from a knee surgery. I wasn't having a great time with recovery (probably do to my own doing, lack of rest) and I was desperate for some relief. I've been applying it twice a day for 5 days now and it's been REALLY effective at reducing inflammation, pretty good at reducing pain, and finally moving along my recovery. I picked it up from a normal pot shop. No other pain/antiinflamatory meds since.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    I am using a stick (think deodorant) with 1:1 CBD to THC post op from a knee surgery. I wasn't having a great time with recovery (probably do to my own doing, lack of rest) and I was desperate for some relief. I've been applying it twice a day for 5 days now and it's been REALLY effective at reducing inflammation, pretty good at reducing pain, and finally moving along my recovery. I picked it up from a normal pot shop. No other pain/antiinflamatory meds since.
    Something interesting I did learn from going the prescription route is that the THC is required for topical applications because its what helps carry the CBD through the skin into the tissue as CBD alone really struggles to do that. There was some fancy pants biology reason for this that someone smarter than me can share but my google-fu confirmed what the doctor said, and seems to align with what you're using. I have a 1:1 CBD:THC oil that I mix in with voltaren or a535 on bad days
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Something interesting I did learn from going the prescription route is that the THC is required for topical applications because its what helps carry the CBD through the skin into the tissue as CBD alone really struggles to do that. There was some fancy pants biology reason for this that someone smarter than me can share but my google-fu confirmed what the doctor said, and seems to align with what you're using. I have a 1:1 CBD:THC oil that I mix in with voltaren or a535 on bad days
    I believe the skin has THC-A receptors (the non-psychoactive THC)… so non-“activated” THC is the key to a good topical

Store bought brands are pretty garbage. I order from herb approach, they carry really good brands out of bc. Heck if I share a referral link we both get 25 free bucks!

https://herbapproach.com/?raf=ref4310695
    Last edited by jabjab; 03-06-2024 at 04:15 PM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I think this weather roller coaster is the final proof I needed in my mind that CBD absolutely works for me for my joint pain. I've been out of CBD for about 2-2.5 months now and over the past two weeks of big weather changes I have woken up every night with knee and ankle pain. I might have slept 1 night without wrapping my knees, and I've been taking more advil than I have in years for things besides headaches. This is as bad as its been since I started taking it however many years ago.

I need to stop being lazy and get back on it.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I think this weather roller coaster is the final proof I needed in my mind that CBD absolutely works for me for my joint pain. I've been out of CBD for about 2-2.5 months now and over the past two weeks of big weather changes I have woken up every night with knee and ankle pain. I might have slept 1 night without wrapping my knees, and I've been taking more advil than I have in years for things besides headaches. This is as bad as its been since I started taking it however many years ago.

I need to stop being lazy and get back on it.
    Please post whatever product you settle on.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I'm considering trying CBD oil/whatever as well right now. I have SLE/Lupus and get a fair bit of swelling in the joints - hands and feet, but everywhere else too - and also blew my lower leg up last year with a compound tib/fib batch of fractures (6 total plus the ankle). Not having much luck with the typical GABA series of meds as well as the usual NSAIDs and such. I wouldn't use the term "desperate" yet, but I could see my way aboard that train in the next couple of years.

Should I just go into one of the ten thousand MJ stores in SASK here and ask what works best?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    I'm considering trying CBD oil/whatever as well right now. I have SLE/Lupus and get a fair bit of swelling in the joints - hands and feet, but everywhere else too - and also blew my lower leg up last year with a compound tib/fib batch of fractures (6 total plus the ankle). Not having much luck with the typical GABA series of meds as well as the usual NSAIDs and such. I wouldn't use the term "desperate" yet, but I could see my way aboard that train in the next couple of years.

Should I just go into one of the ten thousand MJ stores in SASK here and ask what works best?
    You definitely could. I went the Dr. route as I had zero idea about the cannibis world. I knew what hurt, and what I wanted for relief, what I was and wasn't willing to try, and they helped tailor that to me. Morso they helped with managing my expectations as after the first 2 weeks i didnt feel any different so I was ready to write it off. If its not a world you dabble in already it might be worth going the prescription route (at one of the thousands of MJ Drs around) and starting there before transitioning to manage it on your own.
    I'm generally cute.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5