Quantcast
Educate me on CBD Oil - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on CBD Oil

My Ride
    Cummins F10

I find that the local despensary (graydon green)has the best selection of oils.
    They have a fantastic selection of medicated bath bombs also.
    Last edited by T-Dubbs; 02-24-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by T-Dubbs
    I find that the local despensary (graydon green)has the best selection of oils.
    They have a fantastic selection of medicated bombs also.
    i was gonna order from them over xmas. didn't know they were in Calgary
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

I'll be watching this thread as well, I've made infused Coconut oil a few times that worked great, and recently tried an everclear tincture with mixed results. Also borrowed a "magic butter machine" I'll try cooking with next.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Originally posted by blairtruck

i was gonna order from them over xmas. didn't know they were in Calgary
    If you email them your paperwork, there is even a storefront on 17th ave.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i use canntrust, they have great oils

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by aaronck
    I'll be watching this thread as well, I've made infused Coconut oil a few times that worked great, and recently tried an everclear tincture with mixed results. Also borrowed a "magic butter machine" I'll try cooking with next.
    Interested in your mixed results with the tincture, what method did you use to make it? How did you use it? What were your reservations with it?

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

I was in a hurry and using the Magic butter machine for the first time-
    I decarbolized the green- put it in the machine with Everclear-hit start but it was just churning with no heat accidentally. I restarted it to cook, but by the time It was done I wasn't able to strain it right away, so it sat for a few hours. After straining it was just ok-I used medium CBD/THC bud and the result wasn't quite what I was hoping for and not sure if it was my process or the machine or... I've made a few batches of coconut oil that were dynamite, but this was the first time making tincture. I will try again soon

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I was in a hurry and using the Magic butter machine for the first time-
    I decarbolized the green- put it in the machine with Everclear-hit start but it was just churning with no heat accidentally. I restarted it to cook, but by the time It was done I wasn't able to strain it right away, so it sat for a few hours. After straining it was just ok-I used medium CBD/THC bud and the result wasn't quite what I was hoping for and not sure if it was my process or the machine or... I've made a few batches of coconut oil that were dynamite, but this was the first time making tincture. I will try again soon
    Made an Everclear tincture. Decarbed the bud, mixed it in with Everclear, and let that sit for 6 weeks.

That shit took me to space. Way out of control. Had to dial it back pretty good...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, got to treat it like an iso quick wash without the reducing to an oil step, not like cannabutter

For more medicinal effects, decarb in an air tight, oven safe container for 1hr at 180-200F then transfer to a mason jar or similar after fully cooled

Then freezer everything, if fridge freezer at least 24hrs... deep freezer, probably 12hr

Then pour everclear into jar, shake the shit out of it for 45 seconds and strain, repeat with the rest of everclear (about 3 washes ideally) then you can put the everclear back in its bottle and keep it in the freezer

That will give you the cleanest tasting... most unassuming tincture possible

Alternatively once it's all frozen, you can freezer everything then leave it combined for weeks, giving it a shake every now and then... but potency won't be that much greater, and you will get a super dark... very smelly, strong tasting liquid

As for dose, 1oz of 20-25% bud, to 750ml of everclear should be 4-8ml depending on tolerance and if you're mixing with alcohol or not

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Originally posted by ercchry
    Yeah, got to treat it like an iso quick wash without the reducing to an oil step, not like cannabutter

For more medicinal effects, decarb in an air tight, oven safe container for 1hr at 180-200F then transfer to a mason jar or similar after fully cooled

Then freezer everything, if fridge freezer at least 24hrs... deep freezer, probably 12hr

Then pour everclear into jar, shake the shit out of it for 45 seconds and strain, repeat with the rest of everclear (about 3 washes ideally) then you can put the everclear back in its bottle and keep it in the freezer

That will give you the cleanest tasting... most unassuming tincture possible

Alternatively once it's all frozen, you can freezer everything then leave it combined for weeks, giving it a shake every now and then... but potency won't be that much greater, and you will get a super dark... very smelly, strong tasting liquid

As for dose, 1oz of 20-25% bud, to 750ml of everclear should be 4-8ml depending on tolerance and if you're mixing with alcohol or not
    Interesting- I assumed that the MBM would speed the process because that's what it's supposed to do(cook the bud into the liquid) When you say rinse, I pour everclear into the jar, strain it and then then fill it up with new everclear and repeat again?
    Just asking as the Everclear is $$$. Is there anything else other than everclear that will work? Overproof rum maybe?
    What I have is not terrible, just gives a mellow buzz, not long lasting.

Originally posted by A790

Made an Everclear tincture. Decarbed the bud, mixed it in with Everclear, and let that sit for 6 weeks.

That shit took me to space. Way out of control. Had to dial it back pretty good...
    That's it? Decarb- Add to everclear- wait 6 weeks? Maybe I should make 2 batches to compare...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, rinse... with a 45 second shake before straining but yes, strain, then refill with fresh alcohol and repeat.

Alcohol is a solvent so it strips the thc from the plant really quick

You can use anything but the higher proof the better it will work. Could probably get away with 151

It also isn't super long lasting. Similar to smoking, which is nice. Usually I just sip on drinks with 6ml in them, if you casually sip then you can basically just maintain your level for as long as you want... usually my dose decreases as time goes on to just hold the level I'm happy with

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

That's it? Decarb- Add to everclear- wait 6 weeks? Maybe I should make 2 batches to compare...
    The only difference with that one is the chlorophyll from the plant is leaching into the alcohol (that's why I recommend to keep everything frozen, to delay that)

I think the confusion is that the old school "green dragon" was done like that cause decarbing wasn't nearly as well known back then and it took that long at room temp to naturally convert the thca to thc

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Yep, that was it. Sat in a mason jar in my pantry for a while.

Might make some new stuff maybe. Like I said, that was super heavy for my wife and I. I mean, we wanted to get stoned, but that shit was something else.

Space.

Been there.

Lol. You can't appreciate how funny this post is unless you've experienced it for yourself.

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Yep, that was it. Sat in a mason jar in my pantry for a while.

Might make some new stuff maybe. Like I said, that was super heavy for my wife and I. I mean, we wanted to get stoned, but that shit was something else.

Space.

Been there.
    Super powerful, but if you took less would it even out?

Great info everyone! For my purposes though, can someone comment on CBD as treatment for arthritis or joint pain? It is too bad that there is really no way to try it out unless I have a card, hopefully this changes with legalization one day.
    Last edited by Clever; 02-27-2017 at 09:51 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Clever
    Great info everyone! For my purposes though, can someone comment on CBD as treatment for arthritis or joint pain? That's too bad that there is really now way to try it out unless I have a card, hopefully this changes with legalization one day.
    Again, topical is the best for those symptoms with no high involved, thca and cbd combo

Gotcha, when you mentioned topical I was thinking the over the counter cream, I didn't know CBD had a topical version.

My Ride
    Fozzy XT

Super easy to make a topical made with coconut oil- if you have your card you can order high CBD/ almost no TCH bud and make some of your own- I used this one a couple times now, no problems!

http://www.wakeandbakecookbook.com/c...d-coconut-oil/

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

This thread got my brain thinking... currently have 3g of 7/9 thc/cbd in the water bath with 30ml of coconut oil at 190F, going to leave that overnight... so will have some thc and cbd activated, then I'm going to add in 1g of 22% thc and leave it for a day at around 80F to hopefully have a good amount of thca added in too. Then mixing it with a commercial cream. Should have really good anti inflammatory properties theoretically... but only time will tell

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast