Quantcast
Educate me on CBD Oil - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on CBD Oil

Default Educate me on CBD Oil

Is anyone using CBD oil to treat joint inflammation or arthritis? I have always suffered from rheumatoid arthritis on my legs usually on my knee or my ankles, sometimes it will start with a swollen knee and it would then transfer to my ankles. I've been to the hospital several times in the past to get it checked and I usually get sent home with NSAIDs that I don't like using or told to take some extra strength Advil. It's been like this for years sometimes it will happen 2-3 times in a year to the point that I can't walk unless I take a lot of Advil. I haven't been to my doctor recently but as I get older, I feel that I need to look for alternatives as I know how destructive pain killers can be to the body.

I tried looking it up online but there are so many products out there, it's quite overwhelming. I'm looking for something that can be ingested and be able to function normally. I was told to set up an appointment with Natural Health Services and will probably go that route. I just wanted to get some feedback from people who use it or have used it in the past to treat inflammation or arthritis. Thanks
    Last edited by Clever; 02-20-2017 at 08:33 PM.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

When you go to natural health make sure you tell them your looking for oils, unless your ok making your own butter (easy)
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by legendboy
    When you go to natural health make sure you tell them your looking for oils, unless your ok making your own butter (easy)
    Tell the "bud geniuses" as they are the ones that will help you pick a producer, and not all producers have oil

Personally, I'd go with a topical... even with thc there is no high. Anything you ingest will take a while to build up a tolerance even if it's cbd specific, as there are still trace levels of thc

Homemade Epson salt baths are amazing for joint and muscle pain and inflammation... you come out just feeling like jello... it's basically just activated coconut oil (decarbed bud, then warmed in coconut oil, and strained) so if you just made that (all oils from producers seem to be sunflower oil based, and 3x the cost of the bud that's in them) then you could probably just rub it on the areas you need it

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

It will do nothing for you, there is zero medical benefit from cannabis. Moran.
    - Gestalt
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Consistency and potency are really variable, even when buying "the same stuff as last time"

Science-y-type-discussion:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ay-every-time/
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Consistency and potency are really variable, even when buying "the same stuff as last time"

Science-y-type-discussion:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ay-every-time/
    That's a pretty wordy article for what could be summed up as "not everyone tests their batches"

Which is less of a concern up here, with the licensed producers we have... but if you're ready worried it's best to stick to bedrocan as they are one of the few research grade growers

Marijuana and all of its components are highly addictive and cause immediate death to your body and mind. Don't use it. Do you want to end up panhandling on the street trying to figure out who stole your goodwill sleeping bag? No? Don't do drugs...

It's many times more poisonous than any pharmaceutical grade drug. Especially those non kidney and liver toxic nsaids.

[SIZE=0.05]The message endorse by pfizer.[/SIZE]
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by ercchry

That's a pretty wordy article for what could be summed up as "not everyone tests their batches"

Which is less of a concern up here, with the licensed producers we have... but if you're ready worried it's best to stick to bedrocan as they are one of the few research grade growers
    I'm not any kind of expert, and also not a consumer. Any independent testing done in Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I'm not any kind of expert, and also not a consumer. Any independent testing done in Canada?
    As long as you go the LP route there sure is... the BC dispensary route? Not so much

Also with the LP's you're locked into one grower basically so the consistency is much greater than multiple sources for the same strain that the article was also touching on

But again, bedrocan is a whole different level... they're the original medical cannabis company from Europe so their processes at this point are very consistent

My Ride
    Ford

As long as you go the LP route there sure is... the BC dispensary route? Not so much

Also with the LP's you're locked into one grower basically so the consistency is much greater than multiple sources for the same strain that the article was also touching on

But again, bedrocan is a whole different level... they're the original medical cannabis company from Europe so their processes at this point are very consistent
    you can split your prescription between multiple LPs. i have 3 gram a day split to 2 different LPS
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by blairtruck

you can split your prescription between multiple LPs. i have 3 gram a day split to 2 different LPS
    NHS' official stance is they will only split after first follow up appointment, I say official cause the gf got her's split right off the bat, mostly cause her first choice didn't do oil, and she was recommended to use it (which she doesn't haha)

So we have 3 between us, bedrocan has been the only consistent one though for always having their full line in stock

Other two are aurora and mettrum

But the point is if you order "sour diesel" from xyz, it's going to be the same master that the clones are from every time vs grey market weed which is whatever the grower claims it is for marketing purposes (which is what the article was talking about)
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-21-2017 at 10:22 AM.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Currently have 3 LPs in the household. Both my GF and I use the oil. I use it for pain/inflammation for the knee and she uses it for migraines. Works pretty well for the most part.

Although strains that are grown aren't 100% consistent, they usually fit within range of THC/CBD levels they are supposed to be in (UK Cheese - Hybrid - 14.00-17.00% THC; 0.00-0.30% CBD for example) and the prescription label and ordering info will reflect that. LPs are under Health Canada and have to test everything they produce in terms of THC/CBD%, contaminants, mold etc.

Anyway, when you go in, just let them know what you need it for and the Bud Geniuses will point you in the right direction to best suit your needs. Some oils are more expensive than others.

If you are an approved home-grower, there is a list of labs that you can send samples of your cannabis to for testing. A number of them are the same labs that the LPs use, if not their own.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 02-21-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Homemade Epson salt baths are amazing for joint and muscle pain and inflammation... you come out just feeling like jello.
    What is the scientific explanation for this?

I'm suspecting it's the placebo effect. Also, once the bather hears the miracles of Epson salt water, they're also more inclined to soak longer in the miracle hot water, instead of a shorter "regular water" bath.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Seth1968

What is the scientific explanation for this?

I'm suspecting it's the placebo effect. Also, once the bather hears the miracles of Epson salt water, they're also more inclined to soak longer in the miracle hot water, instead of a shorter "regular water" bath.
    It's the infused oils that are doing the work, the bath just gives the entire body an even coating

The (activated) thc/cbd does wonders for inflammation, actually thca is probably even better, but since I make it with leftovers from the vaporizer it's activated... and still works. It's not a placebo effect, you feel the warming, tingling sensation as soon as you touch any "canna butter" or infused fats, I also have a hot tub that I soak in just as long. Even with the jets it's not even close to the same relief or sensation. Plus if you don't rinse off the residue it lasts a long time. ie. I was fresh out of the tub when I made that post last night, and I'm still feeling nice and loose

Edit: and since I'm not a doctor, I'll let the pros explain them

https://www.leafly.ca/news/cannabis-...nabis-topicals
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-21-2017 at 12:00 PM.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

It's the infused oils that are doing the work, the bath just gives the entire body an even coating

The (activated) thc/cbd does wonders for inflammation, actually thca is probably even better, but since I make it with leftovers from the vaporizer it's activated... and still works. It's not a placebo effect, you feel the warming, tingling sensation as soon as you touch any "canna butter" or infused fats, I also have a hot tub that I soak in just as long. Even with the jets it's not even close to the same relief or sensation. Plus if you don't rinse off the residue it lasts a long time. ie. I was fresh out of the tub when I made that post last night, and I'm still feeling nice and loose

Edit: and since I'm not a doctor, I'll let the pros explain them

https://www.leafly.ca/news/cannabis-...nabis-topicals
    Apparently Cannabis Massages are a thing now in the states. I've read some pretty interesting and positive reviews so far. I'd be intrigued to try it if it were ever available here.

Anyway @ercchry, how do you draw the bath with the oils and how much do you use? I did the same thing as you, I made some coconut oil recently with leftover Volcano trimmings, but I made it to ingest. But this bath sounds interesting.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I used a "commercial" bath bomb as reference, but at $14 a pop (from dispensary)... fuuck that. It was 30mg of thc so depending on the strength of your oil use that as a base?

But yeah, basically start with your typical coconut oil... then what I did was mixed it into the Epson salts (worked out to be a 8:1 ratio) and added some essential oils and nice smells and whatever... gf used it all before I got a chance to try it

So for my bath I just added a tbsp of oil right to the hot water, with the salts and some bubble bath, made sure it all melted and mixed the water up well before getting in. Then soaked for about an hour. A massage afterwards would be ammmmmaaaazing
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-21-2017 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Okay, found what I used as a guideline... 16:1 for the salts:oil

Made 1cup of oil (probably closer to 1.25, but then loss from melting)

Had 18g of med brown vape poo I'd say half of it started life as either 8/8% thc/cbd or 0/9 and the other half being 17% or 22% thc
    1-2g of fresh 9% cbd only premilled
    Then maybe 20ml of mettrum's cbd only oil

So yeah 15ml/bath of infused oil. Too much? Not enough? Dunno, hard to gauge without any sort of high involved

My Ride
    NC1

ercchry needs a custom user title for his knowledge on this stuff
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by max_boost
    ercchry needs a custom user title for his knowledge on this stuff
    Haha, I watched too much viceland when it was on free trial

Doing a little math, if we say the average strength of the material I used was 5% then 15ml of this oil is 60mg thc

Whoops... and looking at dixie elixir's bath soak they recommend 10mg/bath

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

*SNIP*
    Awesome. I'm gonna try it out. I may have to pick your brain more. Expect a PM or two.

I've been making butter/oil via sous vide with consistent results from my edibles. I've been recently looking into the baths and massage oils for all the oil I made, so this is a good starting point.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast