Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Educate me on CBD Oil

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Hemi's only
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Educate me on CBD Oil

    Is anyone using CBD oil to treat joint inflammation or arthritis? I have always suffered from rheumatoid arthritis on my legs usually on my knee or my ankles, sometimes it will start with a swollen knee and it would then transfer to my ankles. I've been to the hospital several times in the past to get it checked and I usually get sent home with NSAIDs that I don't like using or told to take some extra strength Advil. It's been like this for years sometimes it will happen 2-3 times in a year to the point that I can't walk unless I take a lot of Advil. I haven't been to my doctor recently but as I get older, I feel that I need to look for alternatives as I know how destructive pain killers can be to the body.

    I tried looking it up online but there are so many products out there, it's quite overwhelming. I'm looking for something that can be ingested and be able to function normally. I was told to set up an appointment with Natural Health Services and will probably go that route. I just wanted to get some feedback from people who use it or have used it in the past to treat inflammation or arthritis. Thanks
    Last edited by Clever; 02-20-2017 at 08:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS
    Posts
    4,628
    Rep Power
    20

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by legendboy
    When you go to natural health make sure you tell them your looking for oils, unless your ok making your own butter (easy)
    Tell the "bud geniuses" as they are the ones that will help you pick a producer, and not all producers have oil

    Personally, I'd go with a topical... even with thc there is no high. Anything you ingest will take a while to build up a tolerance even if it's cbd specific, as there are still trace levels of thc

    Homemade Epson salt baths are amazing for joint and muscle pain and inflammation... you come out just feeling like jello... it's basically just activated coconut oil (decarbed bud, then warmed in coconut oil, and strained) so if you just made that (all oils from producers seem to be sunflower oil based, and 3x the cost of the bud that's in them) then you could probably just rub it on the areas you need it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
    Posts
    2,715
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    It will do nothing for you, there is zero medical benefit from cannabis. Moran.
    - Gestalt
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    3,874
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Consistency and potency are really variable, even when buying "the same stuff as last time"

    Science-y-type-discussion:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ay-every-time/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Consistency and potency are really variable, even when buying "the same stuff as last time"

    Science-y-type-discussion:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ay-every-time/
    That's a pretty wordy article for what could be summed up as "not everyone tests their batches"

    Which is less of a concern up here, with the licensed producers we have... but if you're ready worried it's best to stick to bedrocan as they are one of the few research grade growers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    C.Dot
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Marijuana and all of its components are highly addictive and cause immediate death to your body and mind. Don't use it. Do you want to end up panhandling on the street trying to figure out who stole your goodwill sleeping bag? No? Don't do drugs...

    It's many times more poisonous than any pharmaceutical grade drug. Especially those non kidney and liver toxic nsaids.







    [SIZE=0.05]The message endorse by pfizer.[/SIZE]
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

    Join me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    3,874
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by ercchry


    That's a pretty wordy article for what could be summed up as "not everyone tests their batches"

    Which is less of a concern up here, with the licensed producers we have... but if you're ready worried it's best to stick to bedrocan as they are one of the few research grade growers
    I'm not any kind of expert, and also not a consumer. Any independent testing done in Canada?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by ExtraSlow

    I'm not any kind of expert, and also not a consumer. Any independent testing done in Canada?
    As long as you go the LP route there sure is... the BC dispensary route? Not so much

    Also with the LP's you're locked into one grower basically so the consistency is much greater than multiple sources for the same strain that the article was also touching on

    But again, bedrocan is a whole different level... they're the original medical cannabis company from Europe so their processes at this point are very consistent

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    edmonton
    My Ride
    Ford
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by ercchry


    As long as you go the LP route there sure is... the BC dispensary route? Not so much

    Also with the LP's you're locked into one grower basically so the consistency is much greater than multiple sources for the same strain that the article was also touching on

    But again, bedrocan is a whole different level... they're the original medical cannabis company from Europe so their processes at this point are very consistent
    you can split your prescription between multiple LPs. i have 3 gram a day split to 2 different LPS
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by blairtruck

    you can split your prescription between multiple LPs. i have 3 gram a day split to 2 different LPS
    NHS' official stance is they will only split after first follow up appointment, I say official cause the gf got her's split right off the bat, mostly cause her first choice didn't do oil, and she was recommended to use it (which she doesn't haha)

    So we have 3 between us, bedrocan has been the only consistent one though for always having their full line in stock

    Other two are aurora and mettrum

    But the point is if you order "sour diesel" from xyz, it's going to be the same master that the clones are from every time vs grey market weed which is whatever the grower claims it is for marketing purposes (which is what the article was talking about)
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-21-2017 at 10:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda E Toaster
    Posts
    1,789
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Currently have 3 LPs in the household. Both my GF and I use the oil. I use it for pain/inflammation for the knee and she uses it for migraines. Works pretty well for the most part.

    Although strains that are grown aren't 100% consistent, they usually fit within range of THC/CBD levels they are supposed to be in (UK Cheese - Hybrid - 14.00-17.00% THC; 0.00-0.30% CBD for example) and the prescription label and ordering info will reflect that. LPs are under Health Canada and have to test everything they produce in terms of THC/CBD%, contaminants, mold etc.

    Anyway, when you go in, just let them know what you need it for and the Bud Geniuses will point you in the right direction to best suit your needs. Some oils are more expensive than others.

    Originally posted by ExtraSlow

    I'm not any kind of expert, and also not a consumer. Any independent testing done in Canada?
    If you are an approved home-grower, there is a list of labs that you can send samples of your cannabis to for testing. A number of them are the same labs that the LPs use, if not their own.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 02-21-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

    1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current


    NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,006
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally posted by ercchry
    Homemade Epson salt baths are amazing for joint and muscle pain and inflammation... you come out just feeling like jello.
    What is the scientific explanation for this?

    I'm suspecting it's the placebo effect. Also, once the bather hears the miracles of Epson salt water, they're also more inclined to soak longer in the miracle hot water, instead of a shorter "regular water" bath.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by Seth1968


    What is the scientific explanation for this?

    I'm suspecting it's the placebo effect. Also, once the bather hears the miracles of Epson salt water, they're also more inclined to soak longer in the miracle hot water, instead of a shorter "regular water" bath.
    It's the infused oils that are doing the work, the bath just gives the entire body an even coating

    The (activated) thc/cbd does wonders for inflammation, actually thca is probably even better, but since I make it with leftovers from the vaporizer it's activated... and still works. It's not a placebo effect, you feel the warming, tingling sensation as soon as you touch any "canna butter" or infused fats, I also have a hot tub that I soak in just as long. Even with the jets it's not even close to the same relief or sensation. Plus if you don't rinse off the residue it lasts a long time. ie. I was fresh out of the tub when I made that post last night, and I'm still feeling nice and loose

    Edit: and since I'm not a doctor, I'll let the pros explain them

    https://www.leafly.ca/news/cannabis-...nabis-topicals
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-21-2017 at 12:00 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda E Toaster
    Posts
    1,789
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally posted by ercchry


    It's the infused oils that are doing the work, the bath just gives the entire body an even coating

    The (activated) thc/cbd does wonders for inflammation, actually thca is probably even better, but since I make it with leftovers from the vaporizer it's activated... and still works. It's not a placebo effect, you feel the warming, tingling sensation as soon as you touch any "canna butter" or infused fats, I also have a hot tub that I soak in just as long. Even with the jets it's not even close to the same relief or sensation. Plus if you don't rinse off the residue it lasts a long time. ie. I was fresh out of the tub when I made that post last night, and I'm still feeling nice and loose

    Edit: and since I'm not a doctor, I'll let the pros explain them

    https://www.leafly.ca/news/cannabis-...nabis-topicals
    Apparently Cannabis Massages are a thing now in the states. I've read some pretty interesting and positive reviews so far. I'd be intrigued to try it if it were ever available here.

    Anyway @ercchry, how do you draw the bath with the oils and how much do you use? I did the same thing as you, I made some coconut oil recently with leftover Volcano trimmings, but I made it to ingest. But this bath sounds interesting.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

    1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current


    NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I used a "commercial" bath bomb as reference, but at $14 a pop (from dispensary)... fuuck that. It was 30mg of thc so depending on the strength of your oil use that as a base?

    But yeah, basically start with your typical coconut oil... then what I did was mixed it into the Epson salts (worked out to be a 8:1 ratio) and added some essential oils and nice smells and whatever... gf used it all before I got a chance to try it

    So for my bath I just added a tbsp of oil right to the hot water, with the salts and some bubble bath, made sure it all melted and mixed the water up well before getting in. Then soaked for about an hour. A massage afterwards would be ammmmmaaaazing
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-21-2017 at 12:45 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Okay, found what I used as a guideline... 16:1 for the salts:oil

    Made 1cup of oil (probably closer to 1.25, but then loss from melting)

    Had 18g of med brown vape poo I'd say half of it started life as either 8/8% thc/cbd or 0/9 and the other half being 17% or 22% thc
    1-2g of fresh 9% cbd only premilled
    Then maybe 20ml of mettrum's cbd only oil

    So yeah 15ml/bath of infused oil. Too much? Not enough? Dunno, hard to gauge without any sort of high involved

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    2016 Golf TSi
    Posts
    9,858
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    ercchry needs a custom user title for his knowledge on this stuff

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,834
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by max_boost
    ercchry needs a custom user title for his knowledge on this stuff
    Haha, I watched too much viceland when it was on free trial

    Doing a little math, if we say the average strength of the material I used was 5% then 15ml of this oil is 60mg thc

    Whoops... and looking at dixie elixir's bath soak they recommend 10mg/bath

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda E Toaster
    Posts
    1,789
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally posted by ercchry
    *SNIP*
    Awesome. I'm gonna try it out. I may have to pick your brain more. Expect a PM or two.

    I've been making butter/oil via sous vide with consistent results from my edibles. I've been recently looking into the baths and massage oils for all the oil I made, so this is a good starting point.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

    1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current


    NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Latest Threads: 10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
  2. Educate me

    By oddjob in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 02-01-2005, 11:27 PM
  3. DVD burner! educate me!

    By Daddymax in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 01-03-2004, 10:39 PM
  4. Looking to get a Subaru Legacy Turbo...educate me.

    By Gripenfelter in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 11-06-2003, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •