Quantcast
Petition to include "size discrimination" in Human Rights Act - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Petition to include "size discrimination" in Human Rights Act

Originally posted by codetrap
    Unfortunately not that I'm aware of. About the only thing is they promote healthy snacks and lunches in the newsletters... by saying.. "feed your kids healthy snacks". Maybe other schools are doing different things.
    The curriculum is the same, there's a whole section about it in grade 2.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by zhao

You aren't? Something wired wrong in your brain?

We are literally programmed to discriminate based on appearance. Do you date girls that are 600 pounds who shaved their head but decided to grow out their chest hair and leg hair? Do you hire the guy who shows up for an interview in a G string and a smile? Do you eat at a restaurant where everyone working there looks like a slob that slept in a gutter last night with clothes they probably haven't washed in 6 weeks?

I'm guessing discrimination based on appearance is A-ok to you in most cases.
    What is Discrimination?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

What is Discrimination?
    Doesn't say anything about being fat or appearance. Care to try again or are you just going to shitpost all day?

I quote:
    These 11 grounds are protected under the Canadian Human Rights Act:

race
    national or ethnic origin
    colour
    religion
    sexual orientation
    marital status
    family status
    disability
    a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.
    Nothing about tatoos being fat or anything else under the sun tied to appearance because those are not protected grounds and they should not be. Anything you can change should never be ground for being protected. It's asinine to argue otherwise. Should we also protect people who refuse to bathe and wash? I mean it's their choice to be filthy so clearly we should accept them as is and not be discriminatory!

Codetrap has gone full on stupid SJW

I think what he's trying to say is that your religion is under your control, so therefore other things, like being fat, via the transitive property, should also be legislated.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Doesn't say anything about being fat or appearance. Care to try again or are you just going to shitpost all day?

I quote:

Nothing about tatoos being fat or anything else under the sun tied to appearance because those are not protected grounds and they should not be. Anything you can change should never be ground for being protected. It's asinine to argue otherwise. Should we also protect people who refuse to bathe and wash? I mean it's their choice to be filthy so clearly we should accept them as is and not be discriminatory!

Codetrap has gone full on stupid SJW
    There are a few things on tha list that you can change. They're choices. If I was being like you I'd say you're just too stupid to read your own post. Is that too passive aggressive for you? It's pretty obvious you're talking out your ass now and you have lost the point of the conversation. To refresh you, there are people petitioning to have appearance based discrimination added to the list, even though it's a choice. Like getting married, or having kids.

Edit. Thanks for the conversation, but I don't think there's really anything more to discuss.
    Last edited by codetrap; 03-01-2017 at 12:04 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Is cactus club going to be affected?????
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Did codetrap put on a couple pounds or something?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Last summer there was a young man who crashed his motorcycle at the Toronto Motorsport Park. He lost both his legs. Should he be eligible to receive protection from discrimination? He's responsible for his condition with obviously poor decisions. Or that 13 year old girl who lost her leg trying to jump onto a moving train last summer here in Calgary? Have these two forfeited any special privileges or support now that they're handicapped?
    Wait, so losing one's legs is the same as choosing to eat unhealthy amounts of food? I wasn't aware people can choose to regrow their legs.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Kg810

Wait, so losing one's legs is the same as choosing to eat unhealthy amounts of food? I wasn't aware people can choose to regrow their legs.
    His "logic" is so out to lunch, it's ridiculous. Don't bother with reasoning.

Originally posted by cjblair

That's why I try to avoid debating on most topics. That is, it's too annoying to try and reply to someone that skews logic with emotion and bias.

My Ride
    Silverado

I'm not going to read through 6 pages of this nonsense, but I recall that there is a link between genetics and obesity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics_of_obesity

It's not quite so simple for everyone, although generally I agree that we can control our weight by eating less.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

A couple of the medical professionals I work with (psychologists/psychiatrists/social workers) are on the heavier side.

I couldn't imagine how different our clinic would be for the worse if it wasn't for them; they're absolutely fantastic.

This lady is out to lunch because reading through her "story" she seems oblivious to a couple things:

- She ignores social etiquette by calling customers fat and assumes that they're not insulted by it.

- She does not know the actual reason for not being hired and insinuates that her appearance is often the cause, if not the leading reason, for her poor employment prospects.

Meme for reference:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    I'm not going to read through 6 pages of this nonsense, but I recall that there is a link between genetics and obesity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics_of_obesity

It's not quite so simple for everyone, although generally I agree that we can control our weight by eating less.
    In a previous post, I mentioned the genetic factor and in general, the huge amount of effort and will required to go from fat to slim. I commend those that have done it.

In specific regard to the genetic factor, I'm wondering if the factor is directly hereditary, or the genes become corrupt as the fetus / baby is fed crap food? Maybe both?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

It's not quite so simple for everyone
    It actually really is. You can not create mass from nothing.

Now, do some bodies store/create more mass/fat from a similiar amount of food? Absolutely. That sucks for them. But nobody is getting OBESE eating 1500-2000 calories a day if they are also getting a modicum of physical activity.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

It actually really is. You can not create mass from nothing.

Now, do some bodies store/create more mass/fat from a similiar amount of food? Absolutely. That sucks for them. But nobody is getting OBESE eating 1500-2000 calories a day if they are also getting a modicum of physical activity.
    So true.

But I bet 999/1000 clinically overweight people would feel starved on that much food, and figure it's not enough to survive, ergo they think it's impossible to lose weight.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by cjblair

Close minded, inflexible, arrogant. That's about sums his online persona up. I assume there's a lot of time spent drinking beer in the garage talking about how dumb everyone is.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by killramos
    Did codetrap put on a couple pounds or something?
    that's how I read this thread, I just didn't want to be the first one to say it haha. Oh wait, is that discriminatory?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

What is Discrimination?
    That doesn't answer the question, and I've completely lost your argument.

You wouldn't date a 600 lb girl based solely on that descriptor. You wont date someone ugly. You wont hire someone because of how they dress. You're fine with boycotting a place because the people working there smell or are dirty. ....Yet you are totally against discrimination based on appearance? O_o.

That translates into you are 100% fine with discrimination when it suits yourself, and you want everyone to play by the line you drew in the sand for defining when it is ok and when it is not.

Originally posted by zhao

That doesn't answer the question, and I've completely lost your argument.

You wouldn't date a 600 lb girl based solely on that descriptor. You wont date someone ugly. You wont hire someone because of how they dress. You're fine with boycotting a place because the people working there smell or are dirty. ....Yet you are totally against discrimination based on appearance? O_o.

That translates into you are 100% fine with discrimination when it suits yourself, and you want everyone to play by the line you drew in the sand for defining when it is ok and when it is not.
    I wasn't sure I wanted to comment on this topic any further, but what the heck.

Discrimination is not only part of our nature, it is also the essential characteristic for successful evolution.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

relevant:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast