Quantcast
Petition to include "size discrimination" in Human Rights Act - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to include "size discrimination" in Human Rights Act

My Ride
    Modded junk

Default Petition to include "size discrimination" in Human Rights Act

Guess the HAES and FA nonsense wasn't enough, now people want their poor choices to be protected by law.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3264137/ed...an-rights-act/

My Ride
    V8s

Looooool.

Girl gets told her depression, anxiety, and ADHD will go away if she loses weight is crying because she doesn't like hearing the truth. What a world we live in. It disgusts me on multiple levels that obese people want to celebrate their unhealthiness.

There aren't enough facepalms to describe how I feel about this.

edit: I don't recall seeing how old that doughnut monster is, but I bet she's a millenial.
    Last edited by bjstare; 02-23-2017 at 02:05 PM.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I hate this world, I am excited for it to be over, counting the days.

My Ride
    Grimace

Outside of having a medical condition, it sucks there is nothing that can be done about maintaining an unhealthy weight and/or losing weight to prevent/mitigate health issues.

Originally posted by cjblair
    Looooool.

Girl gets told her depression, anxiety, and ADHD will go away if she loses weight is crying because she doesn't like hearing the truth. What a world we live in. It disgusts me on multiple levels that obese people want to celebrate their unhealthiness.

There aren't enough facepalms to describe how I feel about this.

edit: I don't recall seeing how old that doughnut monster is, but I bet she's a millenial.
    Could not agree more. There is always an excuse to help with the justification.

To add to this, I was recently in Disney World and the people absolutely disgusted me. There were rides we went on and we weren't even restrained because the lap bars were 8" off our laps due to the sheer size of the people besides us. I've never seen so many fat scooters in my life, all with a 2L pop and a turkey leg on board. The worst one I saw was a guy in a 'wheel chair', had his wife pushing him around, then he got to the ride, jumped out of his chair, grabbed the lineup fence on either side so it was like a pair of gymnastics parallel bars, and started fooling around like a little kid. After the ride (which he easily boarded under his own power) it was back to the chair.

Oh I thought this was about penis size.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Does this mean I can ride the kiddy roller coaster now? They said I was too tall

Can't wait for the future to be like this. No need to worry about hip or knee replacements if you never have to walk!

Originally posted by schocker
    Outside of having a medical condition, it sucks there is nothing that can be done about maintaining an unhealthy weight and/or losing weight to prevent/mitigate health issues.
    There's no medical conditions that violates calories in > calories out = fat. Ain't no magical fat people when there is a famine or in a concentration camp.

Only valid thing that would come out of this would be height disrimination both for the tall and the short which is something that people simply cannot change.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Could not agree more. There is always an excuse to help with the justification.

To add to this, I was recently in Disney World and the people absolutely disgusted me. There were rides we went on and we weren't even restrained because the lap bars were 8" off our laps due to the sheer size of the people besides us. I've never seen so many fat scooters in my life, all with a 2L pop and a turkey leg on board. The worst one I saw was a guy in a 'wheel chair', had his wife pushing him around, then he got to the ride, jumped out of his chair, grabbed the lineup fence on either side so it was like a pair of gymnastics parallel bars, and started fooling around like a little kid. After the ride (which he easily boarded under his own power) it was back to the chair.
    I was just thinking about this. I can see all the news articles about stores, amusement parks, airlines, restaurants etc "violating someone's human rights" because they did not make their facilities accessible to the 500lb lady with her scooter.....

Sorry we should never promote or protect unhealthy lifestyles.(obviously I'm not referring to people with medical conditions)

Last fall, she created a social media campaign with the obesity network called the Weight of Living, inspired by Humans of New York. Photos of overweight and obese Canadians were posted on the obesity network’s Facebook page, along with their personal story. However, the photos were not shared in the context of “I want to lose weight” or “this is the before picture.” Instead, the posts celebrated the individuals for exactly who they are.
    A network to celebrate obesity. The fuck.

What about the physical requirements for cops, firefighters, ems, etc ?

My Ride
    Stuff

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

There's no medical conditions that violates calories in > calories out = fat. Ain't no magical fat people when there is a famine or in a concentration camp.

Only valid thing that would come out of this would be height disrimination both for the tall and the short which is something that people simply cannot change.
    This is what I assumed this thread would be about, short guys get the worst end of the stick.

The doctor who says it may be impossible for someone to lose weight as their joints don't allow them to exercise just doesn't understand how weight loss works.

Intermittent fasting is the easiest thing to do and you can lose weight without watching calories. Still not losing weight just change your hour spread.
    I like cars.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

There are similar petitions in Ontario, B.C. and Manitoba. It’s all part of a national #SizeismSUCKS campaign created by Toronto activist Jill Andrew.
    Hahahahahahaha

Ya, sizeism does suck... those that face it are usually sucking down too much junk

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Size-is-M sucks. I want all size-is-XXXL. Fries, and coke... and then pants. Also my quad-quad timmy's coffee is very important.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

My one trip through the Texas airport was a real eye-opener, and when I bought a chocolate chip muffin half the size of my head for $1 it made sense

Originally posted by jwslam
    Size-is-M sucks. I want all size-is-XXXL. Fries, and coke... and then pants. Also my quad-quad timmy's coffee is very important.

It's all about the Gretzky bro

My Ride
    Lariat

hahaha fu*k off. What is this world coming to???????????
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Modded junk

Originally posted by Swank
    My one trip through the Texas airport was a real eye-opener, and when I bought a chocolate chip muffin half the size of my head for $1 it made sense
    Especially when you consider the fact that a chocolate chip muffin from Tim Hortons is like 420 calories.

My Ride
    NC1

Can't wait to see an obese person working at Joeys
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast