Quantcast
Best place to get ceramic coating - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best place to get ceramic coating

My Ride
    2004 3.5, 2004 5.4, 1999 4.0

Default Best place to get ceramic coating

So I took a look through the threads and all the ones on ceramic coating are over 7 years old. All the old threads had horrible reviews for Top Gun.
    Is Top Gun still a place to avoid?
    Where else it Calgary can I get a great quality ceramic coating on the exhaust?
    Also curious how much doing a full exhaust will cost?

My Ride
    Nothing

i've never had top gun do any ceramic coating, but i've been perfectly satisfied with all of the powdercoating work they've done
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    IS300, 335, highlander, rentals?!

Were the complaints on used parts, or new parts, or every part? I thought their powder coating came off a little easier than it should have but always on used parts.

I went for the high gloss ceramic and it was more resilient and worked well. I only used it on newly fabricated turbo manifolds though.
    IS300 - 2JZ-GTE, DIY custom sequential 31psi at 2800rpms, yeehaw.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I have always had good success with Top Gun. My hotside and exhaust is coated with their 2000* titanium coating.

My Ride

not sure if they were new or used parts in the past threads, they did not really specify. I will be getting new headers done but then my hot side turbo, downpipe, crossover, ypipe and my wastegate piping has all been used and I would still like it to not flake...

how much did it cost to have your stuff coated?

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

My go-to place would be SR International, I've actually got an appointment booked for next friday. They have a promotion going on right now until the end of the month (20% off). Rainer is extremely knowledgeable, and just an overall stand-up guy. They've got really positive reviews on google as well.

My Ride

Originally posted by Tej.S
    My go-to place would be SR International, I've actually got an appointment booked for next friday. They have a promotion going on right now until the end of the month (20% off). Rainer is extremely knowledgeable, and just an overall stand-up guy. They've got really positive reviews on google as well.

I looked around on their website, they do paint protection only it seems. I'm trying to find where to get my exhaust ceramic coated.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Originally posted by Drooool

I looked around on their website, they do paint protection only it seems. I'm trying to find where to get my exhaust ceramic coated.
    Ah my apologies. I was quite a few drinks in when posting, reading comprehension wasn't at its greatest

My Ride
    IS300, 335, highlander, rentals?!

I haven't used them for a while, but as for cost, it was one of the higher ones at the time. I think it used to be 200-ish for equal length style turbo manifold on 4 cylinder plus o2 housing on back side of the turbo.

Not sure who else is around for options other than going to a different city.
    IS300 - 2JZ-GTE, DIY custom sequential 31psi at 2800rpms, yeehaw.

I would never use anyone BUT Top Gun.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

The "ultra high temp titanium" shit that top gun put on my turbo, manifold, and down pipe years back ended up going super dull after a few days of use. Looked like shit. And that was after I specifically told them I was worried about that and they assured me it wouldn't...

^^ Same. Flaked off my turbine housing after some dyno and track time. If it's going to be coated, Swaintech or Zircotec for me
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride

Originally posted by 962 kid
    ^^ Same. Flaked off my turbine housing after some dyno and track time. If it's going to be coated, Swaintech or Zircotec for me
    Was hoping I could find someone more local to coat it, like I wouldnt even mind driving a few hours somewhere. But it quite unlikely I am going to send my stuff the the UK to be coated.
    Plus if I start having issues with it then I can go and talk to them in person.

Now on top guns website it says "WE GUARANTEE ALL COATINGS WILL NOT FLAKE, PEEL OR TURN BLUE UNDER NORMAL USE FOR THE LIFETIME OF THE PART !" What do you suppose normal use is?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

That's basically what they said to me after my coating dulled. They claimed I "overheated" it. I run a pyrometer even and never saw anything above 1500* and that was with the anti-lag spitting flames out the exhaust! Their "2000* coating" couldn't take something 500* below its rated temperature apparently...

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I've had Top Gun do a number of ceramic coats on V8 headers over the years, never had a problem.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Top Gun's titanium coating isn't shiny to begin with, it's very thin and the finish is flat...the ceramic stuff has a shine that can dull. The headers on my old V went a bit dull at the first bend.

I used swaintech white lightning, best money I ever spent on the car. Once the RB26 is turned off for 15-20 minutes the turbine housings are cooler to the touch than the compressor housings. Dead serious.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Did you have to send those parts out to get done ?

Yeah, they are based in NY state. They dont normally deal with international orders anymore, just have to assure them you will pay brokerage fees.

No personal experience with Top Gun, but I haven't heard very good things that's for sure. While issues with their coatings have been mentioned, most of the complaints I've heard have been about the fact when issues are brought to their attention they don't stand behind their product/service and just try and pass the buck. Again, I've never used them and based on what I've heard from those I know who have, I wouldn't.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast