Quantcast
Blackberry KEYone? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry KEYone?

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Kinda surprised how few cases there are for this phone.

When I went to bestbuy, they didn't have any accessory for the keyone.
    I don't think anyone anticipated how popular the ketone would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by ducaudi
    Nice to see BlackBerry getting love. Still rocking the Priv, definitely looking into the KEYone, hope you guys post some impressions!

Very solid feeling phone. I'm loving having the physical keyboard back. I'm coming from a 6p so the screen is smaller which took a few days to get used to but overall it's good. Battery life is awesome though

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

The BlackBerry KeyOne’s screen apparently isn’t glued to the rest of the phone

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...e-pop-off-drop

Originally posted by BokCh0y

I don't think anyone anticipated how popular the ketone would be.
    Ketones eh? Haha we talkin' science? Jk, but totally agree on this. Very surprised how people are picking this up, not the usual doom and gloom BlackBerry is dead.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Just got my case today:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B071FB...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not bad - never had one of these before but I like it. Looks good to but just wish it had the window at the front. Gonna see if I can find the blackberry one this weekend to compare.

Originally posted by ducaudi

Ketones eh? Haha we talkin' science? Jk, but totally agree on this. Very surprised how people are picking this up, not the usual doom and gloom BlackBerry is dead.
    BB auto-correct clearly doesn't have keyone programmed haha
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by elite
    Just got my case today:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B071FB...UTF8&psc=1

It's not bad - never had one of these before but I like it. Looks good to but just wish it had the window at the front. Gonna see if I can find the blackberry one this weekend to compare.
    The BB ones are really nice in general, I have one for my Priv. My biggest gripe is that I wish the BB ones were more like the Samsung flip cases. The Samsung flip cases have that huge window in the front with a piece of clear glass. The glass is big enough that it makes use of the screen and displays everything you need. As well, the SS case when opened and flap is all the way back against the back of the phone, still allows the camera to take pics without getting in the way. And lastly that piece of glass in the front works wonders for helping to keep the screen clean.

The BB ones - the window in the front is just an opening, so dirt and shit gets in. The window on the front is not big enough, doesn't fully utilize the screen. And when the flap is wrapped around to the back, it actually covers the camera, so when you go and take pics, it literally is with two hands - one holding the phone and the other holding the flip case open.

For the Keyone, I'd like to pick-up the soft/hard shell case.

How are u guys liking the phone so far? The more I use it the more I like it. Apps are super fast on this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    How are u guys liking the phone so far? The more I use it the more I like it. Apps are super fast on this thing.
    Had mine for a few days now, speed is good, camera is good, no issues so far except the lack of cases available in town and online.

Anyone switch from Priv to Keyone? If so thoughts? Wondering if i should make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Anyone switch from Priv to Keyone? If so thoughts? Wondering if i should make the switch.
    Yeah I did. I like the screen size of the PRIV, but adjusting to the keyone was easy. I like the keyone more in all honesty. Miss the larger screen but the overall size of the keyone although literally the same as the PRIV, feels so much smaller and compact.

My Ride
    This and that.

I am enjoying mine so far. That being said I do miss the big screen size and my typing speed of iPhone 7 Plus. I haven't gotten rid of it and might just end up keeping both so I don't get bored of either. I am getting used to the new screen as well though and typing is picking up and eventually I'll get quicker on the Keyone than the virtual keyboard.

@shakalaka - did you get your case and screen protector yet? Wondering how the fitment is on your screen protector. Thanks.

Can't find the OEM case anywhere in the city or via amazon.

My Ride
    This and that.

@shakalaka - did you get your case and screen protector yet? Wondering how the fitment is on your screen protector. Thanks.

Can't find the OEM case anywhere in the city or via amazon.

Nope, haven't gotten them yet. The screen protector though from reading on crackberry covers the major part of the screen but does not bend over to the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Nope, haven't gotten them yet. The screen protector though from reading on crackberry covers the major part of the screen but does not bend over to the edges.
    Same here for the screen protector. I got the gadget guard btw. Send me a pic once you get yours.

Also...interesting for you guys about unlock. So i went to go and buy an unlock code and got the instructions on what to do and how to unlock it. i didn't buy the code yet, but i remembered what shakalaka mentioned, so I tossed in a telus sim card into my rogers keyone. Booted it up, but it didn't come up with the screen it's supposed to where it asks if you want to unlock and then to enter the code. Instead it booted right up, but after it booted up, it did pick up the sim cuz it didn't say no sim, but it just sat there with "no service". So i don't know if the phone is locked or not locked or if there's another way to unlock it? I just don't buy the code if i can't get to the screen that asks me to unlock via code.

Is this what happened to you Shakalaka but it worked with Wind? For the other guys who have unlocked this phone, did yours boot to the screen with another carriers sim and ask you to unlock?

My Ride
    This and that.

Same here for the screen protector. I got the gadget guard btw. Send me a pic once you get yours.

Also...interesting for you guys about unlock. So i went to go and buy an unlock code and got the instructions on what to do and how to unlock it. i didn't buy the code yet, but i remembered what shakalaka mentioned, so I tossed in a telus sim card into my rogers keyone. Booted it up, but it didn't come up with the screen it's supposed to where it asks if you want to unlock and then to enter the code. Instead it booted right up, but after it booted up, it did pick up the sim cuz it didn't say no sim, but it just sat there with "no service". So i don't know if the phone is locked or not locked or if there's another way to unlock it? I just don't buy the code if i can't get to the screen that asks me to unlock via code.

Is this what happened to you Shakalaka but it worked with Wind? For the other guys who have unlocked this phone, did yours boot to the screen with another carriers sim and ask you to unlock?
    I think that still means yours in locked as it didn't show any bars. Although all phones technically are supposed to pop a message saying 'insert proper SIM' or 'SIM not recognized' or something. But if yours were unlocked it should have had the bars. Mine was working without any issues as soon as I inserted a Fido SIM in the Bell phone, with all bars and LTE showing up and working without issues. I made calls, texts and browsed the internet after turing the WIFI off to make sure. It's been fine since that day, although I haven't inserted a Bell SIM in it out of the worry that it might then get locked and my Fido not work after.

Thanks for that info. I'm sure it's locked too, jsut wonder how to get it to come up with the unlock screen now haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks for that info. I'm sure it's locked too, jsut wonder how to get it to come up with the unlock screen now haha.
    Once you buy a code, typically they send instructions along with it. Blackberrycodesource or something like that is a vendor that I would personally buy from and they are regularly posting on crackberry as well. Check out crackberry forums for lots of info under the Keyone section.

This happened to me too. It came up the first time I popped the Sim in but didn't have the code. Once I had it it never popped up. Just do a factory reset through the settings and it should pop up.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast