Quantcast
Energy Efficiency Alberta - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy Efficiency Alberta

Originally posted by Gestalt
    We've had guesses of $500 per house, to $700 million.

The biggest complaint about the carbon tax was that it wont actually go to environment, and here it is, and people comlaining even more.
    It's not going to the environment, is being wasted on people being paid to screw in lightbulbs.

The money is better spent on deeper and more wide spread rebates, not on a make work project.

Government work contracts never seem to be run efficiently.

The desired outcome would probably be better served by an incentives program. Make the homeowner benefit somehow by buying and installing green energy elements themselves.

As a tax payer I don't like idea of our money being used on yet another program that will likely be wasteful and possibly abused as well.

So much crying.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Do these light bulbs interfere with ATSC OTA broadcasting?

I haven't read the whole thread to see if this was mentioned, but I was overhearing that they are outsourcing all this 'contract work' to compaines from quebec??? Is that true.

Originally posted by thetransporter
    Do these light bulbs interfere with ATSC OTA broadcasting?
    Guess, you've got a 50\50 chance.

Originally posted by Dalking
    I haven't read the whole thread to see if this was mentioned, but I was overhearing that they are outsourcing all this 'contract work' to compaines from quebec??? Is that true.
    It's actually Illegal imigrants, from Quebec, going to be stealing Alberta jobs.

My Ride

Hmmm what about for those of us that already done the LED conversion, low flow toilets, and upgraded to a Nest or Ecobee get some type of rebate for been "environmentally friendly" ??

My Ride
    Silverado

take everything out and get more free stuff

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Has anyone been called about this already from those who signed up?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I e-mailed them about what products are actually installed in the home. Depending on what the installer decides what's best for your set up, everything on the site is up for grabs except the Emberstrips and Ecobees. I figured they wouldn't include those as they're pretty expensive.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Looks like they finalized the products

https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/res...arge/products/

You can indeed get a ecobee if you have a manual thermostat (but who has one in 2017 ?!!)

And I only see 1 LED bulb - 60w equivalent. Most bulbs in my house are 100w equivalent. I wouldn't want to replace 100w equivalent with 60w

Originally posted by Escape
    Looks like they finalized the products

https://www.efficiencyalberta.ca/res...arge/products/

You can indeed get a ecobee if you have a manual thermostat (but who has one in 2017 ?!!)

And I only see 1 LED bulb - 60w equivalent. Most bulbs in my house are 100w equivalent. I wouldn't want to replace 100w equivalent with 60w
    Just install this (or an equivalent piece of garbage) the day before and get your free $300 Ecobee. I imagine that is exactly what a huge number of people will be doing, along with replacing all their light bulbs with bulk 60W incandescents so they get a house full of free LEDs.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.h...000536257.html
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-21-2017 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Escape

Every single cheap condo ever.

Looks like I'm getting a free ecobee!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's the good full version ecobee too.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

http://globalnews.ca/news/3324997/al...tario-company/

“It was pretty clear from the start that RFP that was put out was targeted towards the one company that won it. We know that because in order to find some of the do-dads that they wanted, that company’s name kept coming up as the supplier,” he explained.

The province insisted Ecofitt was the most competitive offer. It said the company is setting up a warehouse in Calgary and hiring 70 people for the program.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I do have a chandelier ~16' up with incandescent light bulbs in the living room since the house was built. I have been wondering how I'm going to change the light bulbs. May be this is my opportunity.

Now I need to find the cheapo thermostat that came with the house. Hope I didn't throw it out.

It is an interesting debate. I think the whole program is a waste of money but the same people are going to bitch either way

(1) use Ontario company and Alberta man bitches about not using Alberta company in this down turn
    (2) use Alberta company and Alberta man bitches about even more tax dollars wasted due to overpaying relative to the competition.

Also, maybe there is something I'm missing but what are these "do-dad's" the Aim Energy Pros CEO is talking about?!?!? There is nothing non-standard about the products they are offering as far as I can see. Poor argument IMO

My Ride
    G6

Any showerhead pros here? The website says they will be replacing old showerheads with ones that "conserve water and save money while enhancing pressure, performance." Any truth to the pressure part, or are these just low flow POS?

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by J-hop

It is an interesting debate. I think the whole program is a waste of money but the same people are going to bitch either way

(1) use Ontario company and Alberta man bitches about not using Alberta company in this down turn
    (2) use Alberta company and Alberta man bitches about even more tax dollars wasted due to overpaying relative to the competition.

Also, maybe there is something I'm missing but what are these "do-dad's" the Aim Energy Pros CEO is talking about?!?!? There is nothing non-standard about the products they are offering as far as I can see. Poor argument IMO

I donno man, it's really difficult say.

The things that come to my mind:

Depending on how much stuff they swap, this might render possibly millions of dollars worth of Alberta held inventory useless for months (causing local businesses to hold on to inventory longer than usual), if we're bringing in new inventory from an Ontario business. This could reduce cashflow for local businesses.

This whole program could lower the sales volumes for said products, taking away sales from local business.

Since we're using an Ontario business, if they're incorporated in Ontario, provincial corporate tax on said sales will be paid to the Ontario government (I'm talking about provincial corporate tax, not PST/HST which won't apply since the service is being provided in Alberta).

I've been on the receiving end of RFP's that are "tailored" for a specific vendor. When I read this, I totally understand what happened (if true).

In my opinion, during an economic crisis, you don't meddle or fuck with local economics. This is a program to get votes and "make the people happy", and justify the carbon tax. You do this stupid shit when the economy is good and booming when it won't make a difference or meddle with shit, you don't do it now at a time like this.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast