Quantcast
Energy Efficiency Alberta - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 361

Thread: Energy Efficiency Alberta

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    Two from Freemont
    Posts
    9,328
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you guys reckon the majority of your usage comes from?
    Homeserver on 24/7
    Two furnace fans running 24/7
    HRV running every 20 minutes
    Water pumps to heat the bathroom floors and garage as well as DHW.
    dehumifier running in the garage in the winter
    oh, wife and kids at home! haha

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Blackfalds aka north RD, AB
    My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I remember reading a post (maybe on Reddit) that said the provincial government would never put a rebate on EV's because all it would do was subsidize expensive vehicle purchases by wealthy people... and the provincial government hates wealthy people (except for all the juicy taxes they pay).
    I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job
    I'm your average white suburbanite slob

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    You didn't pay.
    Please explain who does than.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 328i, 2009 Murano
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A rebate for sure. After all, it's the gubment that pays, not the people

    EDIT. Rage kind of beat me to it.
    What? You mean the government doesn't have their own money tree out back?? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please explain who does than.
    Are you saying if Alberta had a rebate and you or he dieed tomorro, the rebate would suffer? Hubris? Is that the right word to people of large self importance. Any one of us is insignificat.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 04-05-2018 at 01:10 PM.

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? You mean the government doesn't have their own money tree out back?? Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Obviously they do. Consumption taxes, investment returns, royalties, leases, tranfers from the federal government...

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,092
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you guys reckon the majority of your usage comes from?
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rage2 seems to have alot of tech goodies in his household so I'd imagine his electricity draw is coming from alot of gadgets and not from leaving lights on 24/7.
    I have 7 large UPS's throughout the house. IIRC that really added a shit ton of usage even if the connected devices were all off drawing nothing. No clue why they're so inefficient.

    My reductions from 10 yrs ago came from 2 changes, upgrading my A/C so it doesn't run 24/7, and adding blinds to my 24 windows in the living room. Where my house sits, the sun literally bakes the house from sunrise to sunset across 3 sides.

    My average usage has also gone up by around 200kWh from running my furnace fan 12 hours a day to equalize temperatures through the house during the day. I figure that should be fixed when I upgrade to an ECM motor in the furnace.

    On the other end of the spectrum, I also have an empty condo that's drawing 30kWh a month.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Just like any one rebate is insignificant. The individuals form a population and populations can affect the amount paid in subsidies and also the governments ability to spend money.

    To be clear. People fund governments. The more you make the more you influence what our government can spend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Interesting the wide range. I am jealous if you 300kwh guys becasue I would be totally zero balance with my current solar system.

    for every 300kwh monthly in calgary you would need x (solar panels)-
    Jan 9.25 panels, south facing between vertical and latitude plus 15 degrees tilt
    April 5.8 panels,south facing, latitude tilt
    July 5.2 panels,south facing and flat
    october 7.6 panels, south facing latitude plus 15 degrees.

    In longer the summer you can imprive that by a lot with a simple 2 axis tracker.

    as an averag 6 panels would be close. get 6 300 watt pannels, 3 double micro inverters and you are very clsoe to neutral. if you are lazy to change tilt on the panels aim for about latitude tilt.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying if Alberta had a rebate and you or he dieed tomorro, the rebate would suffer?
    I'm not sure in what orifice I should fuck you, as you present so many.

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,092
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting the wide range. I am jealous if you 300kwh guys becasue I would be totally zero balance with my current solar system.

    for every 300kwh monthly in calgary you would need x (solar panels)-
    Jan 9.25 panels, south facing between vertical and latitude plus 15 degrees tilt
    April 5.8 panels,south facing, latitude tilt
    July 5.2 panels,south facing and flat
    october 7.6 panels, south facing latitude plus 15 degrees.

    In longer the summer you can imprive that by a lot with a simple 2 axis tracker.

    as an averag 6 panels would be close. get 6 300 watt pannels, 3 double micro inverters and you are very clsoe to neutral. if you are lazy to change tilt on the panels aim for about latitude tilt.
    Which is impossible in a condo. So basically, high density living is bad, we need more sprawl? haha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    WTF happened last month?!?

    Elec.jpg

    Aw I'm betting it's the baseboard heater, I guess it's a lot cheaper to heat the whole house with gas instead of one room with electricity.

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is impossible in a condo. So basically, high density living is bad, we need more sprawl? haha
    theres roofs, yard, poles, balcony, balcony roof, walls, soon to be windows.

    but frankly i am not yet a fan of shoebox living.
    a thousand acres outside of calgary and do a solar farm that woudl be good too.





    Last edited by Gestalt; 04-05-2018 at 02:17 PM.

  14. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,750
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yea good luck getting everyone to buy in on that. Your utopia sounds great but has very little understanding of practical application

  15. #275
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea good luck getting everyone to buy in on that. Your utopia sounds great but has very little understanding of practical application
    Our house doeant qualify as practical?

  16. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,750
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our house doeant qualify as practical?
    No I’m referring to you saying that as a condo unit owner that you can simply slap solar panels on “roofs, yard, poles, balcony, balcony roof, walls, soon to be windows” when in reality this isn’t a practical suggestion. Since you don’t own the structure you can’t go doing that unless you have the buy in from the rest of the residents. There are restrictive convenents that prevent modifications like this. No condo board is going to agree to that unless you have heavy buy in.

    Then you say you think 1000 acres for you is preferable to shoebox living which is not at all practical and extremely damaging environmentally if everyone in Alberta or even just Calgary tried to do that.....

  17. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Elbonia
    My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus
    Posts
    6,502
    Rep Power
    20

    Default



    We hover pretty tightly around the 600kWh mark.

  18. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,587
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  19. #279
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Capture.PNG

    stupid electric water heater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  20. #280
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,876
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    687 last month.
    Probably my UPS, PC running 24/7, NAS running, garage barrel heater from when I was in there, and my wife's hair dryer/straightener in the morning. House is mostly LED at this point otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any more energy efficiency rebates available for 2013/2014??

    By oz388 in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM
  2. Direct energy - Energy consultant

    By shynepho in forum Careers
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM
  3. 93 Integra Gas efficiency problem

    By silva27 in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
  4. Increasing fuel efficiency

    By Carfanman in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 12-12-2004, 06:54 PM
  5. do you think that this would affect efficiency of my intercooler?

    By LUDELVR in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 08-31-2004, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •