Quantcast
1080ti - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 1080ti

Default 1080ti

Looks like much of the leaked info was slightly wrong - all the tech channels which saw it in the last couple of days are saying 35% performance increase overall compared to the 1080, and pricing of 699$ USD, which is 500 USD cheaper than the Titan XP.

The price for 1080s and other cards is dropping too, the 1080 will be 499$USD or less sometime in the first half of March, and there is a couple new 1060 overclocked SKUs coming too.

The 1080ti won't have the $100 premium for the founders edition either, so early buyers won't get that hit which was applied to the 1080 founders cards.

MemEx expects them in March, but no more accurate date/info so far. Expensive, but not as bad as I thought the 1080ti would be, considering it'll likely perform nearly as well as the Titan. That 35% increase is important for VR users, as SLI doesn't work with VR games (I think there are 2 that work right now), and even a single 1080 can see performance drops in many VR games, at least that's my experience with both the Rift and Vive. Also for 4k gaming, the performance increase will help significantly.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'm excited but want to see what Vega brings before I build my VR rig.

People who bought Titan XP are going to be pissed. lol

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-...ce-GTX-1080-Ti

I bought a Titan XP, I'm not really all that pissed, I got 7 months or so of higher performance than my 1080 sli system in VR due to the Titan's single card performance over the 1080. Anyone who bought a Titan XP in the last couple months - ya, they should be pissed, hah.

I'm hoping AMD's upcoming GPU does well too, it'd be great to have an all AMD alternative out there, helping cut Intel/nVidia dominance, and thus higher prices. I have no brand name loyalty, only performance, if Vega/Ryzen is better, and also cheaper than Intel/nVidia, it's a no brainer for me to buy that in the next upgrade cycle.

Waiting is not my strong suit though, so I'll try out a 1080ti asap in the meantime.

My Ride
    Grimace

Pre-ordered an FE 1080ti this morning from nvidia. Excited to try it out and ditch my 2x 970s.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Thank God I actually waited before getting a 1070.. Will get this for sure!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Grimace

Amazon has pre-order for EVGA Founders Edition @ $929 which is $70 less than everywhere else and roughly the same price that nvidia was charging. I pre-ordered this one and will cancel my nvidia as shipping was $$$

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XH2P8DD