Quantcast
Dental work for my dog - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dental work for my dog

My Ride
    Mk6 GTi

Unhappy Dental work for my dog

My 6 year old Boston terrier has a couple loose teeth, both on the bottom front, the small ones.

He hasn't seen a vet since I moved to calgary, I live in chaparral, are there some recommendations for cheaper dental work? DeWinton quoted me 1-2000$ for cleaning and any extractions. Seems very high when I've read people paid sub 1000 for the same work.

Where do you guys go? And can you share some pricing experiences?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I find that the vets that are out of town are usually cheaper than the big city vets. Try quotes from Airdrie and surrounding.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Beddington Trail Animal Hospital has the cheapest rates by far. I had my Labrador's teeth cleaned there for about $200. I called three other places, with the next lowest price being $600 lol. They did a really good job for a relatively low rate. I've been there about two or three times for other check ups and things. My experience every time has been positive.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I'd just go buy a rope from the pet store... cleans the teeth from chewing... then a little tug-o-war will pull those loose teeth right out, all for $10

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Tej.S
    Beddington Trail Animal Hospital has the cheapest rates by far. I had my Labrador's teeth cleaned there for about $200. I called three other places, with the next lowest price being $600 lol. They did a really good job for a relatively low rate. I've been there about two or three times for other check ups and things. My experience every time has been positive.
    This place is awesome. When my dog was 12 he had a cleaning and 31 teeth remove for $600.

They had quoted us $25 per extraction, but took pity on us because of the volume and lowered the cost for the simple extractions.

My Ride
    Mk6 GTi

Originally posted by ercchry
    I'd just go buy a rope from the pet store... cleans the teeth from chewing... then a little tug-o-war will pull those loose teeth right out, all for $10
    I think this is what helped to loosen them, got him a rope toy to help with flossing, 2 weeks later, rope destroyed. He was playing tug of war with my 80 lb pitbull..

I've heard a lot of good things about beddington, def going to give them a shot. Will also be trying some clinics in high river, or Nanton etc.

My Ride
    V8s

Another +1 for beddington, been taking our dogs there for a couple years now.

17Ave vet clinic is also great. They performed a cherry eye surgery for one of our dogs and the price was significantly cheaper than others, service was fantastic and the surgery successful.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Beddington Trail vet, are their other services good in quality and prices too? I like the vets we go to but a visit and couple shots and it's $$$.

My Ride
    V8s

Everything I've had done there has been the cheapest Ive found, but their bedside manner, etc, is still very good. Neuter, shots, checkups all very cheap.

My Ride
    KTM

Beddington Trail. I posted a thread on this in the summer, as cheap or cheaper than out of town vets.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Good info. Our Shiba is 7 now and needs teeth cleaning. This looks like it's a good option based on the Google reviews as well.

Originally posted by ercchry
    You must be a cat person lol

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by BensonTT

You must be a cat person lol
    I have 170lbs worth of labs...

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by rx7boi
    Good info. Our Shiba is 7 now and needs teeth cleaning. This looks like it's a good option based on the Google reviews as well.
    Let me know how this works for you. As a fellow shiba owner I am sure you understand the struggle with these dogs. My pup needs a teeth cleaning too but it would be a nightmare to to take her anywhere unless it was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.