Quantcast
Groomsmen Gifts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Groomsmen Gifts

My Ride
    06 F-150

Default Groomsmen Gifts

What have you guys been getting your groomsmen? Getting married in a few weeks in Mexico and stumped on what to get the boys. Just a small wedding party so I don't mind spending a little bit, but I want something useful not just some gimmick that will collect dust.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I got personalized mini whiskey barrels and matching funky socks for the day of for the guys. Huge hit.

Make sure you get ones you can actually season and fill for extra . Mine had little spigots that you could pour a drink from. Labelled with their names, best-man/groomsman, location, and year.

example:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1938...727e:193808539

shop around for best prices and definitely ask for bulk discounts depending on size of party.
    Last edited by killramos; 03-09-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Cuff links?
    Wallets that are stamped with something to remember the event?
    Watch?
    Sunglasses?

My Ride
    Treg/B7

I have received personalized beer carrier which I actually use. I gave 1L personalized Beer boots which I don't think get used much. Have also heard about giving watches and matching socks for the wedding day.

https://www.etsy.com/market/six_pack_carrier

Might be harder to take bulky items on the trip.

My Ride
    changes every year

this has come up a few times. I got my groomsmen watches. couple hundred a piece, all the same brand but all different to their styles.

My Ride
    14' 435i

My brother got us personal engraved flasks! they are super cool, nice little case and bottle of our fav liquor to fill said flasks with!

Here are some groomsmen presents I have got:

Custom suit pants
    Nice leather toiletry/shaving case
    Engraved beer mug

Other ideas I think are good:

Watches
    Wallets
    Flasks (only if they're drinkers)
    High end shaving kits/supplies
    A nice pocket knife
    Nice duffel bag or briefcase

Even better would be to get them different things depending on what you know they like IMO, rather than all the same thing.

I was on the same boat last summer, wanted to get them something they will actually wear. Ended up getting them watches, $170 each, sure they wont use it everyday but I think its a bit more useful than cuff links, or a flask.

Here is what the model I got them, its even cheaper now. Nothing super fancy or expensive but a decent, clean looking watch they can wear every now and then.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bulova-Mens-96...9079174&sr=1-6

My Ride
    V8s

My groomsmen got tailormade suits. It's a dick move (IMO) to make people spend money to be a part of your wedding, and likely it will get used again. Everyone needs a suit once in a while.

Bit of a sidebar, but someone said something wise to me: In theory the wedding party are some of the most important guests at your wedding, yet somehow they're typically the ones that have to spend the most money to be there. Get them something nice.

My Ride
    2005 F350

for my wedding party, every guy got something different. a little more personal that had something to do with them and not just a generic "all for one" gift. i also paid for their tux rentals so that they didn't have to pay anything for the honor of being in the wedding party... other than pitching in for my share of the bachelor party that is. haha.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I'm thinking of getting my best man a .410 shotgun, just deciding if I can think of something nice to engrave on it.

My Ride
    Lariat

Got all my guys custom matching western boots.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

I got them each a leather handmade travel bag embroidered with their initials. This one:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/4924...home_active_19

Also got them each a nice pair of the same socks to wear with our tuxes.

It's nice because its something they will actually use. The owner of this company (LifeTimeLeatherCo) is also super reasonable and will give you a pretty good discount if you buy a bunch.
    Last edited by sabad66; 03-09-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Groomsmen and bridesmaids spend a ton of money to be part of your wedding. It's quite ridiculous in fact. And their spend is all on your terms since you choose to have a destination wedding, you choose to have specific matched outfits etc.

If you are buying them gifts, consider buying them something that they will certainly use (not what you like, but what they like) or you pay for everything related to them attending: their entire outfits, specifically.

And no, matching socks are not enough. You should do much more.

My Ride
    Silverado

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...hematic-page&e|lead+crystal+glasses|61|best|4294966943%204294964897|1|24|%2Flead-crystal-glasses%2Ftabletop-bar|1

I got my groomsmen 2 crystal glasses and a bottle of their favorite booze. Glasses are great, everytime I drink with one of them they use them and say they like them. Maybe they are just doing it for me I also paid for their outfits on the day.

For the two weddings I was in 1 gave me a suit(sweet!) and the other was a cross pen and a leatherman.

Personally, I do not need something branded with my name or groomsman or the date to remember how I obtained it.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

ee2k has a point.

I was a groomsmen for a really good buddy and he (well, his dad) ended up paying for our outfits which was really generous.

I've never owned an egyptian cotton undershirt that costs $70

My groomsman will be buying their own suits, as we plan to custom order.

If we were renting suits I would likely pick up the tab. But I don't see a reason for me to buy everyone a suit that they can keep and wear for 10 years

I bought one when I was a friends groomsman and still wear my suit often.

Something that really bothered me about my whole wedding process was how much money the wedding party spent. Specially the girls since the dresses were not cheap and they will likely never wear them again.

That being said, they were completely fine with it and never expected us to pay for their outfits. Still we felt bad so we decided to spend around $250 on each for their gift Might not sound like a lot but we had 10 ppl on our wedding party, and we are not ballers by any means.

The girls got a nice Coach wristlet that most of them use often, and as I said for guys they got watches, a nice tie, and socks.

Also, A friend was also part of a wedding party and he got a personalized wooden bow tie as his gift, pretty neat but its not for everyone. It had a nice little message and his name on the back, I am pretty sure this is where they got them from:

http://www.woodenbowties.com/wooden-...ustom-bow-tie/

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by lasimmon
    My groomsman will be buying their own suits, as we plan to custom order.

If we were renting suits I would likely pick up the tab. But I don't see a reason for me to buy everyone a suit that they can keep and wear for 10 years

I bought one when I was a friends groomsman and still wear my suit often.
    So, your justification for making someone else buy a suit (that you get to pick style/color/etc), is that you were forced to buy one that you still use?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast