Quantcast
Feminist group? complains: Woman not fairly represented in politics. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feminist group? complains: Woman not fairly represented in politics.

Default Feminist group? complains: Woman not fairly represented in politics.

From the link:

How can a democracy be deemed legitimate if it fails to represent half its population? Clearly, democracy should be a genuine partnership of men and women
    Wow, what what a silly contradiction. The author is proposing Democracy, but then opposes it.

Where is the law that prevents woman from entering a Democratic election?

https://www.equalvoice.ca/mission.cfm

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, I don't think it's a stretch to say that there are barriers and challenges that prevent women from entering politics, or staying with it, that don't apply to males.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Forgot this gem:

Canada adopted a Charter of Rights and Freedoms that reinforces this belief by guaranteeing equality for women. Despite these values, women's representation at all levels of government in Canada remains relatively low.
    It's unclear what they're suggesting. Is equal now not good enough for them? Or do they want some sort of affirmative action in which woman are given 50% of political positions despite the democratic vote. Yes, the same voting that woman engage in

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Well, I don't think it's a stretch to say that there are barriers and challenges that prevent women from entering politics, or staying with it, that don't apply to males.
    List a few, and also show how they are somehow undemocratic and discriminatory toward woman.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Seth1968

List a few, and also show how they are somehow undemocratic and discriminatory toward woman.
    At the same time, I'd like to learn more about how you feel that isn't the case. Please be specific.

Originally posted by A790

At the same time, I'd like to learn more about how you feel that isn't the case. Please be specific.
    I already did. What democratic violation is there? What Charter of rights violation is there? What law prevents females from running?

Originally posted by Seth1968

I already did. What democratic violation is there? What Charter of rights violation is there? What law prevents females from running?
    There is more to life than laws. Social pressures are a big factor in society affecting a wide range of issues regardless of gender identity.

Seems like the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. Imagine if the genders were reversed and a political party had proposed such a policy. Another great reason to never vote NDP.

The NDP's gender equity policy states any riding vacated by a male NDP MLA must have a female candidate or a member of an “equity-seeking” group, such as a racial minority, First Nation or LGBTQ.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BigMass
    There is more to life than laws. Social pressures are a big factor in society affecting a wide range of issues regardless of gender identity.
    I can't think of any candidate that's had more social pressure to not run for a political position than Trump, so I think that's a bit of a cop out excuse.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I think they're confusing the right to run with the right to win.

They have an equal opportunity to run, some would argue that as a percentage of candidates running/elected they have a significantly higher proportional chance of ending up with a cabinet posting since the number of females elected is relatively low, but the cabinet is 50% female
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Feminism is cancer, especially in the west.

Name me one western woman who faces oppression daily.

There are far more problems men are facing with more profound implications than what feminism claims.

3/4 suicides are men.
    11% of men gain custody in divorce settlements.
    There is no gender wage gap, its actually illegal in the west.
    Men are significantly more vulnerable to violent crime.
    The majority of rapes are perpetuated against men if you factor in prison rape.

I could go on and on.

Originally posted by Go4Long
    I think they're confusing the right to run with the right to win.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Hey Seth, you ever wonder why feminists aren't interested in gender equality for the 68 genders they have classified?

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
    Hey Seth, you ever wonder why feminists aren't interested in gender equality for the 68 genders they have classified?
    68 genders? Well, I don't know about that, and I probably don't want to

What I do know, is that when people go on about these particular rights, it seems that their true agenda is to gain special privileges and therefore unequal rights.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 03-09-2017 at 03:05 PM.

My Ride
    G6

Just gonna leave this here. She "chose" that, right??

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I had a conversation with a (self professed) feminist one day about the Rhonda Rousey vs Fallon Fox argument who insisted that it was just about equality. I said that it was still a case of a genetic MAN beating up a genetic WOMAN. She said there is no advantage to being a genetic male in athletics. I said, ok then, we're equal. I guess now there's no need for women's classes in the Olympics, after all, we're all equal.
    Last edited by Go4Long; 03-09-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

^ Meh, they don't even understand their own hypocrisy.

Too bad though, as feminism used to be a noble movement that succeeded in achieving their goals, then inexplicably didn't go away. It's now gone awry to a point that they raise issues for problems that don't exist, or don't really want true equality, but rather special privileges.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Feminism is cancer, especially in the west.

There are far more problems men are facing with more profound implications than what feminism claims.

3/4 suicides are men.
    11% of men gain custody in divorce settlements.
    There is no gender wage gap, its actually illegal in the west.
    Men are significantly more vulnerable to violent crime.
    The majority of rapes are perpetuated against men if you factor in prison rape.

I could go on and on.
    Did you just watch the Red Pill too?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I agree with this. The "ol boys club" still exists today in politics, oil and gas etc. Anyone that disagrees with that is naive, sorry....

That being said pushing stuff akin to affirmative action is just stupid.

I don't know what the answer is. I know in O/G it is still a fight for women breaking into areas like operations based roles.

Crack down on the shitheads that still think locker room talk is ok in ANY work setting and you'll create an environment where women can succeed. But don't set hiring/promotion targets....

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast