Quantcast
TD ripping off customers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TD ripping off customers

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
    I like to use the line, no spreak Engrish... and walk away..
    No english? Perfect target for upsell!
    ---

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:48 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Stock is taking a beating today too....

This is an interesting article for sure, I've been an employee for 10 years (no longer in retail banking) and can understand employees feeling this kind of stress.

That being said, the culture doesn't promote this sort of thing, but as others have mentioned, you back someone into a corner they are going to start doing things just to meet their targets.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Z

Pcfinancial and questrade. I'd rather just not ever deal with banks, they're all full of idiots
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Not as bad as Walmart though... my wife got a gift card there for a somebody in my family that actually likes that place (so poor and stupid), and they told her "If you give us your name and number, we will send you another gift card of the same value as part of a promotion!". So she did, and then they asked to see her drivers licence to verify her identity. Anyway, she was feeling suspicious about it, and went back in a few minutes later to ask more about the promotion... turns out there was no such thing... turns out, the mother fucking cunt behind the counter signed her up for a credit card without even telling her. It was a huge PITA to get it cancelled, and everybody we talked to at Walmart was apologetic, but they basically admitted they push their staff to do that to people.
    I find myself in the Deerfoot Meadows store every now and then... they're relentless at the till with those damn master cards!

Pull out my world elite MC

"Would you like to get a Walmart MC?!"

... stare blankly at them.... really?

"Oh they're great! You get blah, blah, blah"

...do you not see what's in my hand?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ercchry

I find myself in the Deerfoot Meadows store every now and then... they're relentless at the till with those damn master cards!

But your MC isn't Walmart MC. I hate that too. And they are all pissed off when you don't want it.

Same with those annoying PC Mastercard sales that roam Superstores.

"Would you like fries with that?"
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by ercchry

lol they probably get some sort of kickback if you sign up.

I only have good things to say about Walmart MC even though there are better options out there lol

My Ride
    ute

The government has regulated the Canadian banking cartel into existence. The big banks are ripping Canada off as an entire nation on a much, much larger scale than this little trifle.

Originally posted by Buster
    The government has regulated the Canadian banking cartel into existence. The big banks are ripping Canada off as an entire nation on a much, much larger scale than this little trifle.
    A "cartel" is the perfect description.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

People get pissed off on employees trying to make a sale? where the fuck do you guys work that doesn't like making more profit?!

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Originally posted by dezmarez
    ....I've been an employee for 10 years (no longer in retail banking) and can understand employees feeling this kind of stress.
    Ex employee here, was a customer service representative (teller) over a decade ago. IMO most banks had high pressure sales back then and TD was no different, that's just the industry. Was good first PT job while in university, made some beer money.. downside was that i had to meet weekly SR targets(I didn't), and due to my inability to sell was eventually blocked from a promotion to personal banker.

I was dejected, so I moved to another bank where i excelled and haven't looked back. 5 promotions later life is good! (Still in sales selling multi mullion dollar commercial loans now lol). What changed? My view on sales... I was no longer selling, but helping my clients meet their financial goals hence the phrase "selling is helping"

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    People get pissed off on employees trying to make a sale? where the fuck do you guys work that doesn't like making more profit?!
    Did you read the part about TD's financial advisors knowingly putting people into products that were not right for them just because they got a bigger commission on the sale? That's no longer "selling" some shitty Mastercard. That to me is the equivalent of potentially stealing tens of thousands of dollars of someone's investments.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by dezmarez
    Stock is taking a beating today too....

This is an interesting article for sure, I've been an employee for 10 years (no longer in retail banking) and can understand employees feeling this kind of stress.

That being said, the culture doesn't promote this sort of thing, but as others have mentioned, you back someone into a corner they are going to start doing things just to meet their targets.
    You used to be at branch 8063 I think you mentioned once.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    That's an oddly specific thing to remember...

Also,

https://www.facebook.com/TDCanada/ph...type=3&theater

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by canadian_hustla

What changed? My view on sales... I was no longer selling, but helping my clients meet their financial goals hence the phrase "selling is helping"
    That's the thing, when you get into the mindset of wanting to actually help people, the sales tend to follow naturally.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Haha, yes, I was up there for quite a few years, but I'm no longer at that location. Still with TD, just not TD Canada Trust.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

The way I see this, TD has little to do with it if its associates are the ones going behind the client's back. No job is worth committing fraud or ethical breaches to keep it IMO. Funny how this has only come out recently from advisers who clearly have been benefiting from the practice. Id say the employees have more of an ethical dilemma on their hands.

I know several TD employees who are surprised and say that those 'unrealistic targets' are more like performance measurements than they are set quotas. Never have their jobs been threatened after not following them. So given this information I see this more as an employee ethics issue or lower management issue than TD actively pushing fraudulent and unethical practices. Well, not more than usual - they are a business and a bank after all.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

When I go to the nearby walmart I make sure to always go to the old brown guy that doesn't give a shit, he never pushes the mastercard. Always friendly too.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by g-m
    Pcfinancial and questrade. I'd rather just not ever deal with banks, they're all full of idiots

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by OTown

I know several TD employees who are surprised and say that those 'unrealistic targets' are more like performance measurements than they are set quotas. Never have their jobs been threatened after not following them. So given this information I see this more as an employee ethics issue or lower management issue than TD actively pushing fraudulent and unethical practices. Well, not more than usual - they are a business and a bank after all.
    Whether they are "set quotas" or just "performance measurements", try not meeting/exceeding them for more than half a year. Your job is definitely on the line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast