Quantcast
TD ripping off customers - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: TD ripping off customers

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

I think it was only a matter of time before this type of article came out....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bank...blic-1.4023575
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

coffee is for closers

Originally posted by dezmarez
    I think it was only a matter of time before this type of article came out....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bank...blic-1.4023575
    Yup - How else did everyone think the banks made Billions in profits each year?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

So banks and bankers are cunts? Not news to me

My Ride
    d|o__o|b

This actually happened to me years ago. I was just too foolish to catch on to what was going on. It was TD beside winners near sunridge mall. I was helped by a chinese guy with glasses there. I was 19 at the time, he changed my bank account from student to a regular one without my consent. ( I was still in school too )

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Recently had overdraft protection added to my account not sure exactly how but it was showing up as a $4/month charge so I called to have it removed. Was strongly considering recording the conversation but figure with all the shit going on in the news that RBC would have maybe gotten their shit together. Here’s how it went.

Me: I’d like to cancel the overdraft protection on my account.
    RBC: Ok sure I can help you with that. But first let me ask do you request a lot of personal checks or money orders.
    Me: No, never. (I knew where she was going with this)
    Me: I literally never request either.
    RBC: Well we can change your account to RBC Signature Fuck You for only $10 more per month which allows unlimited check and money order and it also has complimentary overdraft protection.
    Me: …. WTF?.....
    RBC: Can I go ahead and make that change?
    Me: No, just cancel the overdraft, leave everything else as is.

Puts me on hold, cancels it (I hope!).

RBC: I notice on file that you approved your credit card limit increase to a colleague of mine, can I go ahead and make that change?
    Me: No. And when did I apparently make this approval to increase my credit card limit?
    RBC: Uhhh, let me look. Sometime, uhhh. January 24th you approved the increase to a colleague of mine.
    Me: …. WTF?....
    Me: No I did not approve that increase at all. Don’t change it.

Like seriously WTF is it with these banks? When I read the news articles over the last couple weeks I was thinking I must have been lucky cause I’ve never experience it to the level that others had with them fucking around with your accounts without your permission. They’re sneaky fuckers.

My Ride
    This and that.

Worst timing buying TD stocks...literally day after I purchase them at $70.25/share they drop $5 per share...

My Ride
    2014 J150 1UR-FE

Originally posted by 88CRX

RBC: Well we can change your account to RBC Signature Fuck You for only $10 more per month which allows unlimited check and money order and it also has complimentary overdraft protection.
    I have nothing to add other than that is the best thing I've read all day. That's exactly how it feels when they are trying to up sell and explain the benefits

I don't get mad at the staff per-se because I know they are forced to do this.

The up-sell on insurance products is the worst as well.

My RBC Visa tends to get compromised every 6-12 months like clockwork... and I always look forward to the activation call.

RBC: Sir - I'd like to tell you about our balance protector coverage, in case you are injured or unable to make your payments, for a low monthly fee we will cover your (minimum, lol) payment until you are able to work again!

Me: No, I don't want the balance protector whatever coverage. Just looking to activate my card.

Bank: May I ask what objections you have?

Me: I don't carry a balance (you know that...), so I don't need it.

RBC: Sir the fees are based on the balance you carry each month - so if you don't keep a balance the fee is very small.

Me: So you will charge me monthly for something that isn't used?

RBC: It's as low as $3 per $1000 on the card.

blah blah blah.

The last time I called I just politely cut them off and said I've heard the spiel 5 times now. I realise it's your job to pitch it, but I'm not interested. Please just activate the card.

Half the time they get very huffy puffy but do it with an attitude. That's the part that's not called for.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Prail
    I don't get mad at the staff per-se because I know they are forced to do this.

The up-sell on insurance products is the worst as well.

My RBC Visa tends to get compromised every 6-12 months like clockwork... and I always look forward to the activation call.

RBC: Sir - I'd like to tell you about our balance protector coverage, in case you are injured or unable to make your payments, for a low monthly fee we will cover your (minimum, lol) payment until you are able to work again!

Me: No, I don't want the balance protector whatever coverage. Just looking to activate my card.

Bank: May I ask what objections you have?

Me: I don't carry a balance (you know that...), so I don't need it.

RBC: Sir the fees are based on the balance you carry each month - so if you don't keep a balance the fee is very small.

Me: So you will charge me monthly for something that isn't used?

RBC: It's as low as $3 per $1000 on the card.

blah blah blah.

The last time I called I just politely cut them off and said I've heard the spiel 5 times now. I realise it's your job to pitch it, but I'm not interested. Please just activate the card.

Half the time they get very huffy puffy but do it with an attitude. That's the part that's not called for.
    Last time they called me about that insurance shit I told them if they called me about it one more time offering the same crap I was cancelling all my services through them, it worked. No more CC insurance calls.

I’ve provably jinxed it. They’ll call tomorrow now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3