Quantcast
Need 7 Seater SUV - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 7 Seater SUV

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by btimbit
    Got a Santa Fe in November and absolutely love the thing
    I will add it to my list to review..Thanks.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by afrotl
    I do drive to work every day about 64 km in total and drive to Okotoks and Airdrie at least once a month.
    Sounds like you need a cheap daily and a nice SUV for when you actually need 7 seats.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I will look at reviews on the 2008+ and see what the known issues are.
    Well, when I said "few" I mean I don't believe there are any significant issues. Bearings wear out quicker than normal - that's about it.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Someone else suggested the MDX. If having the same vehicles as scores of others and that rather peculiar headlight configuration doesn't bother you, then those are excellent too. Even more sporting than the CX9. You pay a bit more though since they command a premium.
    +1 for MDX because you can't beat them for reliability if that's what you want but yeah it takes premium and is a bit of a pig on gas. We have a 2013 and best hwy mileage I got was 10.9L/100km and that was doing a consistent 110-120km/hr from Calgary to Edmonton with cruise control. I even reset the average as soon as we got on the highway so the city driving wouldn't affect the average. City driving you are looking at 15-17L/100km. 3rd row isn't the easiest to get in to and can be a pain for adults so we tell the kids to get in the 3rd row if we ever have to use it.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by jwslam

Sounds like you need a cheap daily and a nice SUV for when you actually need 7 seats.
    Wish I could go that route but for now I will have to do with one vehicle.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by botox

+1 for MDX because you can't beat them for reliability if that's what you want but yeah it takes premium and is a bit of a pig on gas. We have a 2013 and best hwy mileage I got was 10.9L/100km and that was doing a consistent 110-120km/hr from Calgary to Edmonton with cruise control. I even reset the average as soon as we got on the highway so the city driving wouldn't affect the average. City driving you are looking at 15-17L/100km. 3rd row isn't the easiest to get in to and can be a pain for adults so we tell the kids to get in the 3rd row if we ever have to use it.
    The Mitsu 3rd row was a pain to get into as well and it was only viable for the kids. Looks like it will be a bit of a pain with the gas.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jwslam
    Wish I could go that route but for now I will have to do with one vehicle.
    Just stick with 1 vehicle for your primary driving purpose (commute) and rent a minivan or SUV the odd time that you need it.

We rent out a minivan yearly for the family road trip, $1000/month unlimited kms.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Just bought a 2017 Highlander XLE, didn't go SE package. XLE gives you room for 8, SE takes away middle bench and replaces it with captain seats and gives you seating for 7. SE package is also just bigger rims and things like rails were painted black (not worth it).

I also looked at the Pathfinder Limited and it worked out to be almost $5k cheaper when compared to the top models of the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. The CVT as outstanding (so smooth) and the jump seats in the back were actually really comfortable and functional (as opposed to other 7-8 seater SUVS). Only reason I didn't go with the Pathfinder is I didn't want to go Nissan and preferred Toyota.

I also looked at a 2016 Touareg Comfort line and it didn't respond as well as I would like and didn't have all the new safety features that 2017s come with. Plus the pricing was very high.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by rage2

Just stick with 1 vehicle for your primary driving purpose (commute) and rent a minivan or SUV the odd time that you need it.

We rent out a minivan yearly for the family road trip, $1000/month unlimited kms.
    Did I read that correctly $1000/month?

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by eb0i
    Just bought a 2017 Highlander XLE, didn't go SE package. XLE gives you room for 8, SE takes away middle bench and replaces it with captain seats and gives you seating for 7. SE package is also just bigger rims and things like rails were painted black (not worth it).

I also looked at the Pathfinder Limited and it worked out to be almost $5k cheaper when compared to the top models of the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. The CVT as outstanding (so smooth) and the jump seats in the back were actually really comfortable and functional (as opposed to other 7-8 seater SUVS). Only reason I didn't go with the Pathfinder is I didn't want to go Nissan and preferred Toyota.

I also looked at a 2016 Touareg Comfort line and it didn't respond as well as I would like and didn't have all the new safety features that 2017s come with. Plus the pricing was very high.
    The highlander is definitely on my list, didn't consider the Pathfinder but now I will take a closer look.

Highlander/RX350, Pilot, MDX FTW

Pathfinder has issues with the CVT

Toureg, Durango and Cherokee are overpriced and the dodges/heeps are imo unreliable

Another series are the Traverse/Acadia which are an exceptional value and have shown to be quite reliable

if you can tolerate the gas, the new Expedition with the 2nd gen ECO or the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade with either the 5.3 or 6.2 are going to be solid choices

heard great things about sorrento, santafe XL and CX9, but I'm not sure they are in the class for reliablity or resale when compared to yota/Honda

The highlander is definitely on my list, didn't consider the Pathfinder but now I will take a closer look.
    there is a reason why the pathfinders are showing up so discounted on the used market... the CVT just doesn't hold up and I don't even know anyone other than Nissan that has kept with it

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by max_boost
    agreed nothing really beats a van. but sometimes ya wanna look pimp and it's hard to look in a van unless ya do some modding.
    Can't remember last time I thought to myself, daaaaamn, that soccer dad looks so pimp in his sweet Highlander/Pilot

Cayenne, X5M, Jeep GC SRT maybe...

We had a Jeep commander- it was a unique 7 seater with a real off road type feel to it. We have 3 kids and it started to feel a little small. Sold it and bought a Sequoia and love it. Plenty of room for the kids and can fit a hockey bag in the back.

Both options have horrible fuel economy but for the extra room in the Sequoia it's worth it

My Ride

Originally posted by r3ccOs

there is a reason why the pathfinders are showing up so discounted on the used market... the CVT just doesn't hold up and I don't even know anyone other than Nissan that has kept with it
    Hmmmm I totally didn't know that about the CVT. It was amazingly smooth when I drove it, couldn't even feel the shifting.

My Ride

Might as well try it and see for yourself. The back jump seats are the most functional out of all of them.

Also there is a waiting list for the Highlander, so if you need it soon it will be tough.

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by eb0i

Hmmmm I totally didn't know that about the CVT. It was amazingly smooth when I drove it, couldn't even feel the shifting.
    CVT's do not shift.. They use a steel belt and adjust rpm with a tensioner.

But the main reason that Pathfinders have issues with the CVT is due to heavy towing.. They are rated for 5000 lbs. but I would not tow anywhere near that because the heat causes issues with the CVT.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Aleks

Can't remember last time I thought to myself, daaaaamn, that soccer dad looks so pimp in his sweet Highlander/Pilot

Cayenne, X5M, Jeep GC SRT maybe...

Would rock 100%

My Ride

Originally posted by mzdspd

CVT's do not shift.. They use a steel belt and adjust rpm with a tensioner.

But the main reason that Pathfinders have issues with the CVT is due to heavy towing.. They are rated for 5000 lbs. but I would not tow anywhere near that because the heat causes issues with the CVT.
    Haha I guess that is why it was so smooth. Good to know!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by s_havinga
    We had a Jeep commander-
    Both options have horrible fuel economy
    You know, I picked up a Hemi Grand Cherokee as my winter beater, and expected far worse economy. Because it shuts off half the cylinders under light throttle, if I baby it on the highway I can squeeze out about 10-10.5 l/100k. (Or about 22-23 mpg). Not bad for 330hp/375tq.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast