Quantcast
Air refreshner - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Air refreshner

My Ride
    Blue boy

Default Air refreshner

What's everyone using for air refreshner these days? Getting sick of the little trees that only last a couple days

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Chemical guys stripper scent spray

Ditto on the crappy trees.

I bought these air vent clip on ones form CT about a month ago. They work great, and still have about half the oil left. Really good price for 2 fresheners as well.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/re...2655p.html#srp

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Air Spencer squash. Lasts for two weeks and if you use it for long enough the scent gets embedded into your car interior.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by cyra1ax
    Air Spencer squash. Lasts for two weeks and if you use it for long enough the scent gets embedded into your car interior.

I use that or I've been using a TreeFrog version. I prefer the TreeFrog as its cheaper and bigger and last longer

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

A friend came back from Vegas and brought me back some Ed Hardy air freshners made my car smell great for like a week and then no scent
    Last edited by dj_rice; 03-11-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

I'm very picky when it comes to fresheners. I use this now and i love it. There is a Black one and a Blue one and both smell amazing.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/driven-.../6000128603780
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by R!zz0
    I'm very picky when it comes to fresheners. I use this now and i love it. There is a Black one and a Blue one and both smell amazing.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/driven-.../6000128603780

Awesome, do they last long?

My Ride
    V8s

I use some like the clip on ones that Seth posted, mine are febreze brand though I think. They seem to last decently long, but I've read that sometimes they leak and the oil fucks up all your trim, so you have to find a place under the dash or somewhere to hang them - that way if they blow up it doesnt matter so much haha.

^ Others are reporting this as well. I've taken mine out and will go with the canned gel

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Originally posted by G-ZUS

Awesome, do they last long?
    I get about 3 weeks. For $4 bucks, yeah it's worth it.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

yeah you can get the "driven" ones in oil from CT. they do smell pretty good

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by cjblair
    I use some like the clip on ones that Seth posted, mine are febreze brand though I think. They seem to last decently long, but I've read that sometimes they leak and the oil fucks up all your trim, so you have to find a place under the dash or somewhere to hang them - that way if they blow up it doesnt matter so much haha.

True story. Had a 2016 GL350 come in for this exact issue. But they were reporting issues with the Command radio system. Buttons weren't working. It had melted the trim and then dripped onto the radio buttons and shorted it.

Can't remember if Service warrantied it or not. Would of been a bad repair bill for customer
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by dj_rice

True story. Had a 2016 GL350 come in for this exact issue. But they were reporting issues with the Command radio system. Buttons weren't working. It had melted the trim and then dripped onto the radio buttons and shorted it.

Due to their design, I can see how some would clip them on upside down. I wonder if that causes them to leak?

Originally posted by Seth1968

Due to their design, I can see how some would clip them on upside down. I wonder if that causes them to leak?
    not sure, but it seems pretty common from google. if you get it brand new it's hard to mess it up since there is a seal that needs to be opened which indicates which side should be up

i think i'll put mine in the california scent can going forward to make sure if it leaks, it'll be contained