Quantcast
Thomas Dang wants to eliminate DST - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomas Dang wants to eliminate DST

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default Thomas Dang wants to eliminate DST

“Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:46 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Wasn't there an article a while back that showed that DST results on more power usage?

If you want to dump it for that reason, then I can kind of agree with it. But that's probably the only reason
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Saw the thread title and all that came to mind was 'who the hell is Thomas Dang'. DST, I don't really care if it's here or not, minor annoyance to change some clocks, that's about it.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

That basically sums it up for you
    Hate to call you out for it, this is one of the rare items where both NDP and Progressive Conservatives are calling for the same thing, especially rural Albertans.

If people start diving into policies instead of just party labels, our political system won't be as radicalized.

Originally posted by FraserB
    Wasn't there an article a while back that showed that DST results on more power usage?

If you want to dump it for that reason, then I can kind of agree with it. But that's probably the only reason
    TLDR on that PHD's study:

- Albertans tends to raise and go to work early.
    - Alberta tends to get sun rise at later in the day.

Those 2 combined is cause of extra energy used.

On top of that, a Colorado study concluded that the Monday after spring forward will have 17% increase in fatal traffic deaths as many are fight with 1hr less of sleep.

The big fight is do we stick with MST or MDT if we are leaving the clock alone. And consider how much it cost the IT industry last time Bush Jr screw with the clock, how much would this cost businesses in this front.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-12-2017 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

We don't have it, it's great!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I guess I'm one of the weird ones. I love it. I look forward to it at each turn.

I like it in the fall as the turning back makes it light when I wake up, as the days are getting shorter and darker. Plus getting that extra hour Saturday night to watch movies or party is a nice mental boost.

I especially love the spring time change as it seems to be a significant factor in those "longer days", meaning summer and camping is just around the corner.

I would be majorly bummed to lose it. Have lived with it for over 50 years and have no problems whatsoever adjusting to it immediately. For the life of me I can't understand people who can't figure it out and try to blame grogginess, car accidents, loss of workplace production, etc, on such a simple concept.

And with almost every timepiece and alarm system we use being based on computers or smart phones, there's hardly anything to adjust. (The stove and microwave?)

I've had this weekend highlighted as something to look forward to for weeks now.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 03-12-2017 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    I guess I'm one of the weird ones. I love it. I look forward to it at each turn.

I like it in the fall as the turning back makes it light when I wake up, as the days are getting shorter and darker. Plus getting that extra hour Saturday night to watch movies or party is a nice mental boost.

I especially love the spring time change as it seems to be a significant factor in those "longer days", meaning summer and camping is just around the corner.

I would be majorly bummed to lose it. Have lived with it for over 50 years and have no problems whatsoever adjusting to it immediately. For the life of me I can't understand people who can't figure it out and try to blame grogginess, car accidents, loss of workplace production, etc, on such a simple concept.

And with almost every timepiece and alarm system we use being based on computers or smart phones, there's hardly anything to adjust. (The stove and microwave?)

I've had this weekend highlighted as something to look forward to for weeks now.
    The time change in the spring doesn't bother me too much as I have a tendency to be awake earlier but the fall change really throws my bodies internal clock for a loop and the first few days to a week I am really out of sorts.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Xtrema

And consider how much it cost the IT industry last time Bush Jr screw with the clock, how much would this cost businesses in this front.
    This - just leave it alone. Too much f*king backend work because a bunch of pansies can't adjust to 1hr less sleep immediately.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Some fun info on DST

Last edited by kertejud2; 03-12-2017 at 01:59 PM.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

^ There's nothing on that video
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Xtrema

The big fight is do we stick with MST or MDT if we are leaving the clock alone.
    I'm ok with keeping it, or getting rid of it, but IMO if it's the latter it needs to be MST, just so we don't have a 2 hour time difference with BC for 1/2 the year.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

48 states, 9 provinces, and 3 territories observe daylight savings time. The remaining 2 states and 1 province clock block.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Its dumb, and there is no reason for it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you work for any international company and have to deal with non local customers, not following along with the majority is a pain in the ass. India doesn't have DST so our shifts in that office changes anyways to accommodate DST which makes it more troublesome. Managing meetings with customers are a bitch because you have to deal with their timezone and DST when booking and it makes it non intuitive when trying to find a slot on each other's calendars.

We have a vendor that we deal with in AZ and he always fucks up our meeting times because of DST.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I think many would appreciate an extra hour of sunlight in the winter evenings.

4:30pm darkness sucks

Stick to MDT/CST all year!

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

I love it. Allows me to get some pretty late evening golf in during the summer.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I think I'd rather not have a shift. It doesn't take long to adjust, but still annoying. In the winter I'd rather have sunlight longer into the evening.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Today is the first day of "spring". Okay, not really, but when it's 7:30 PM and there's still some sunlight I feel like winter is mostly behind us and that makes me happy. Getting rid of DST feels like I'm slipping further back in to the archaic times of my youth in Saskatchewan when the NDP ruled and everyone was broke. Not interested in any more of that.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Dang's Saving Time yo!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast