Quantcast
FCVWA? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FCVWA?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default FCVWA?

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/03...fiat-chrysler/

"I am not ruling out a conversation," Mueller told journalists, although he added that "I am pretty confident about the future of Volkswagen, with or without Marchionne," referring to Fiat-Chrysler boss Sergio Marchionne.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I don't know why all these European Companies want to leach onto FC, the partnership seems to last a few years then they sell it off for a loss.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I don't know why all these European Companies want to leach onto FC, the partnership seems to last a few years then they sell it off for a loss.
    Maybe for Jeep and the US sales penetration. Jeep sold just shy of a million vehicles in the US last year which is way more than what VW sold in the US.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Nobody wants anything to do with FCA other then RAM/Jeep and a few other SUV's from Dodge (Durango, Journey), it is a sinking ship.

Then again with relaxed emissions standards, cheap gas, etc. maybe their focus on big vehicles (SUV/truck) might just work out after all.

I just don't see how FCA will benefit VW. VW just needs to better understand the North American market and adjust themselves accordingly e.g. getting rid of their cars that don't sell well: Eos, Beetle, Phaeton, CC, etc. focus on CUV (the new Tiguan can't come out soon enough), give us a mid size pick up (the Amarok) which the segment seems to be doing pretty good here with the Tacoma, Colorado, Ridgeline, Canyon, etc. Golf Alltrack is a good move to compete with Subaru Outback/Crosstrek.

Touareg is way too expensive which is why it never did good. The new full size VW Atlas looks fancy but will be far more expensive than Touareg.

So they really could use Jeep/Ram.