Quantcast
Where to buy: combo steam shower, whirlpool jet tub, shower combo kit? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to buy: combo steam shower, whirlpool jet tub, shower combo kit?

My Ride
    Lease

What about building a tiled roman style tub, and the ledge part is a bench. (Everything within a 5x5x8 steam room, 200 cubic feet)

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    What about building a tiled roman style tub, and the ledge part is a bench. (Everything within a 5x5x8 steam room, 200 cubic feet)
    That's even more expensive than an acrylic tub.
    For $10,000 you're pretty much stuck to a standard steam shower with a regular bench, plus a few goodies. (extra body sprays, rain shower, lighting, etc) A separate free-standing tub would be over and above that budget. Is this an existing room? Existing fixtures? Or brand new framed room? There's added expenses right there.
    There's a reason that is how it's done in 99.9% of all houses. Even the multi-million dollar homes. Separate Steam shower. Separate Soaker tub. It's the most cost effective as well as the best use of the products.
    I don't understand the want for a tub inside a steam shower. It's just never done. You either have a bath, with or without bubbles, or a steam soak. You never see a hot tub inside a steam room in a commercial pool. It's one or the other.

Originally posted by frozenrice
    Gotcha. Are you thinking that the tub is full or empty when sitting in it? I was assuming full so only head/shoulders would benefit from steam and that there'd be a bench for those times when you don't need to soak.
    LOL...uhh yeah, I guess you could do that. Again, that's a pretty poorly designed steam "room", especially for around the $15k mark.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by C_Dave45

That's even more expensive than an acrylic tub.
    For $10,000 you're pretty much stuck to a standard steam shower with a regular bench, plus a few goodies. (extra body sprays, rain shower, lighting, etc) A separate free-standing tub would be over and above that budget. Is this an existing room? Existing fixtures? Or brand new framed room? There's added expenses right there.
    There's a reason that is how it's done in 99.9% of all houses. Even the multi-million dollar homes. Separate Steam shower. Separate Soaker tub. It's the most cost effective as well as the best use of the products.
    I don't understand the want for a tub inside a steam shower. It's just never done. You either have a bath, with or without bubbles, or a steam soak. You never see a hot tub inside a steam room in a commercial pool. It's one or the other.

LOL...uhh yeah, I guess you could do that. Again, that's a pretty poorly designed steam "room", especially for around the $15k mark.
    Thx Dave... I think I'll have to rework the drawing board and or give up one of the other. Price limit is just being practical for the project, and space is also a concern (450 sqft loft)... I get that, shrink the steam shower enclosure (smaller system, smaller utility to run), and tub is outside... which kind of works out to be give or take occupying the same real estate (space sqft)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2