Quantcast
Hot Water Tank Issues - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hot Water Tank Issues

My Ride
    G6

Default Hot Water Tank Issues

I just discovered my hot water tank is leaking. I looked online and have ruled out everything except the leak being in the body of the tank which apparently means I need to replace it. Valves are all bone dry and inlet/discharge has no leaks.

Now my question is about warranty. There's a note on the tank that indicates purchase date and warranty length. The tank still has 6 months of warranty. Problem is I bought the house last year and have no clue who the previous homeowner purchased it from. Is there any way to determine this? I have no receipts or instruction manuals for it.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

You go through warranty of the manufacturer. I don't think you go through the place of purchase for warranty.

So contact Rheem, Whirlpool etc etc
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Hot Water Tank Issues

Originally posted by Feruk
    I just discovered my hot water tank is leaking. I looked online and have ruled out everything except the leak being in the body of the tank which apparently means I need to replace it. Valves are all bone dry and inlet/discharge has no leaks.

Now my question is about warranty. There's a note on the tank that indicates purchase date and warranty length. The tank still has 6 months of warranty. Problem is I bought the house last year and have no clue who the previous homeowner purchased it from. Is there any way to determine this? I have no receipts or instruction manuals for it.
    Are their any stickers/etc. on the unit, your furnace, etc. that might suggest? I know Action Furnace, Arpi's, etc. all leave stickers on your equipment whenever they come do a service.

My Ride
    G6

Default Re: Re: Hot Water Tank Issues

Originally posted by A790
    Are their any stickers/etc. on the unit, your furnace, etc. that might suggest? I know Action Furnace, Arpi's, etc. all leave stickers on your equipment whenever they come do a service.
    Unfortunately not. I was surprised by that too as my furnace is practically covered with them.