Quantcast
Garage finishing contractor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Garage finishing contractor

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Garage finishing contractor

Hey beyond,

Didn't turn up much of a search so I'll ask here. I'm looking for a contractor to finish and design my attached garage. It's mostly drywalled already, but needs some more lighting, roof insulation, mud/tape, a little drywall work.

The concrete floor needs to be addressed too, perhaps injected with foam underneath.

Lastly, the design/functionality has to make sense and I'd like someone with previous jobs I can see pictures of and whatnot.

Let me know if you guys have anything.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

One of my clients is Kyle @ Raintree Contracting. Maybe he can help you

My Ride

Originally posted by A790
    Thanks. I'll contact them. Cheers.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

SpikerS?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    SpikerS?
    I'm sure he's good at some jobs, I'm not sure he's what I'm looking for. I need design also, plus I'd like this done in a weeks time, not every weekend for a month kind of thing.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lease

Are you really doing this up? Or just going to use HomeDepot/Lowes/CT/Garage Shack type of shelves, a couple of slotted sheets? I just worked with a designer on a property that'll do 3D rendering of stuff.

Edit: "doing this up" as in, are you adding radiant heat, heat/gas line, man cave bar, waterlines/hose bibs, sub panel, lifts, etc.. (just wondering why not design yourself and just have contractors fix the drywall, paint, concrete fixers)
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 03-18-2017 at 09:53 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    SpikerS?
    This one would be beyond my abilities. With the amount of electrical and foam injection, I either can't touch it by law (electrical) or I just plain don't know how (foam injection). As well, as Darkane said, to have it done in a week, would be pushing it for me.

But thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate it.

Besides, I am going to be taking some time for myself and try to relax. I have been going pretty solid between my regular job and all the extra handyman jobs, I am starting to feel myself burn out.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Are you really doing this up? Or just going to use HomeDepot/Lowes/CT/Garage Shack type of shelves, a couple of slotted sheets? I just worked with a designer on a property that'll do 3D rendering of stuff.

Edit: "doing this up" as in, are you adding radiant heat, heat/gas line, man cave bar, waterlines/hose bibs, sub panel, lifts, etc.. (just wondering why not design yourself and just have contractors fix the drywall, paint, concrete fixers)
    No, not all out. Maybe the design portion is a little exaggerated, more of a functionality.

Anyway I'm curious to see what the pros can do with it.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Darkane

No, not all out. Maybe the design portion is a little exaggerated, more of a functionality.

Anyway I'm curious to see what the pros can do with it.
    In that case (and disclaimer: you're getting OPINIONS from random internet peeps here)... trying to save you $$$, why not just hire the tasks out yourself:

- concrete guys to fix floor
    - drywall/insulation guys are mostly the same guys (i.e. reference, when I did my triple detached, I asked a couple of drywallers: they either do insulation themselves or have side pros they work with as 1 quote)
    - paint yourself or hire out
    - meanwhile just design what you want to do in your garage and check out specific lighting accordingly. (for me, I hate fluorscents and too bright of LED even if on dimmer, so I did 16 incandescent 40w)

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Toy Box Garages built my garage and I could have had them finish it all too if I wanted. I liked them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Give Specialized Garage a call.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride

Thanks for all the suggestions. Tom I appreciate what you're saying, thank you.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by A790
    Never called me, didn't contact me in anyway after we agreed to meet some weeks ago. I never called him back.

He must be too busy perhaps. Times are good.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by frozenrice
    Give Specialized Garage a call.
    Had Tanner show up (late) he took dimensions had a couple samples of finishes. He looked at my pad and said it needed work to lift and would send his floor guy.

He also said he have a quote for me 4 days after he visited with a plan.

No one came for the floor, no followup email or call. I never saw what he had planned for my garage.

Times must be good if he doesn't need my job.

Yes I'm irritated.

-H.P. Lovecraft