Quantcast
Help me figure out this kijiji seller... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help me figure out this kijiji seller...

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Honestly, House of Cars can't be that bad if they're already up to 6 locations. They have some slick marketing too. Looks like they've done awesome so far, they must be doing some things right.

Italianstylez....can you explain more...so she lowballs other dealers, I'm guessing her cars are super fucked up, so this way she can get people to at least come look? It's obvious from facebook page that she worked for HOC as recent as last month...what happened? Got fired?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:18 PM.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Wow, her Instagram actually has a pic of that S2K so we know that's a real ad at least....

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Originally posted by 01RedDX

What?! Go to the website, not every listing has a car proof on it first of all, but out of the ones that do, I'm actually having trouble finding one WITHOUT damage records, OOP reg and other shit.

I understand wanting to defend a friend or employer but why would you post something so clearly verifiably false?

What happened to her "dream job"?
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

None are rebuilt, OOP is irrelevant, nothing is hidden, it's all clearly displayed, any that aren't on the website are available in store, no secrets anywhere, everything is disclosed in full.

And don't know I barely know her, I just know all her ads are fake, and why they are, don't think she works at house of cars anymore either.

My Ride

Originally posted by Sonic
    Honestly, House of Cars can't be that bad if they're already up to 6 locations. They have some slick marketing too. Looks like they've done awesome so far, they must be doing some things right.

Italianstylez....can you explain more...so she lowballs other dealers, I'm guessing her cars are super fucked up, so this way she can get people to at least come look? It's obvious from facebook page that she worked for HOC as recent as last month...what happened? Got fired?
    No, she has them posted so she can low ball private sellers, she had an S2k last year and wants one or a 350z again is my understanding, she usually copies ad photos from east coast, and yea she is or was at HOC, don't think so anymore.

And it's up too 7 locations now, 4 in town, 2 in Medicine Hat, and took over Carsco in Airdrie.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by 01RedDX

What?! Go to the website, not every listing has a car proof on it first of all, but out of the ones that do, I'm actually having trouble finding one WITHOUT damage records, OOP reg and other shit.

I understand wanting to defend a friend or employer but why would you post something so clearly verifiably false?
    I've checked out two cars at House of Cars before, and both times I was treated great the entire time. Saw the carproofs for both, one was a ex rental they bought from a wholesaler/auction and was in great shape, and they disclosed the history up front before even showing the carproof.

One car actually ended up showing a lien on the carproof, when I asked about it they guessed that since the pulled the carproof the day they got it that it hadn't been paid off/recorded yet. To be sure, they pulled another one right in front of me, and sure enough, no longer showed a lien. Both the salesman and finance manager were honest about it and at no point did I feel like they tried to brush that off as nothing to get me to buy anyway before ensuring that I was satisfied about the cars status

Didn't end up buying either vehicle since they weren't priced that great, but wouldn't hesitate to go back again either.
    Last edited by btimbit; 03-25-2017 at 10:25 PM.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Originally posted by italianstylez

No, she has them posted so she can low ball private sellers, she had an S2k last year and wants one or a 350z again is my understanding, she usually copies ad photos from east coast, and yea she is or was at HOC, don't think so anymore.

And it's up too 7 locations now, 4 in town, 2 in Medicine Hat, and took over Carsco in Airdrie.
    I still don't get the whole lowballing private sellers though, so the two 370Z ads are fake? What's the point then? It's just to get you to contact her then she tries to sell you another car?

Glad you guys took over Carsco, that place was a fucking joke. I took my A3 in a few years back to sell, they offered me 4 grand at that time, private sales were around 9-10G, the sales manager had the balls to tell me that 4 grand was what they were going for at auction, bold face lied right to my face.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

I still don't get the whole lowballing private sellers though, so the two 370Z ads are fake? What's the point then? It's just to get you to contact her then she tries to sell you another car?

Glad you guys took over Carsco, that place was a fucking joke. I took my A3 in a few years back to sell, they offered me 4 grand at that time, private sales were around 9-10G, the sales manager had the balls to tell me that 4 grand was what they were going for at auction, bold face lied right to my face.
    She probably contacts other 370z' for sale and lowballs them. She then justifies her lowball by showing them these 370z'. But in reality these 370z' don't even exist.

The manger probably didn't lie. He used black book to get a value. Black book looks at the selling prices of vehicles in auctions and records them and releases the numbers every quarter or so I believe. Also how much were you expecting for your a3? Just cause people are asking 9-10 doesn't mean they are in fact selling for that much.

My Ride

No solely so she can message other 370z owners and also the s2k, lowball them and use the ads as examples to try and justify her lowball.

That book thing would probably be somewhat accurate, dealers typically pay rough book or just under so they can turn a profit and have margin for repairs, advertising, inspections etc.

But they were an all around mess losing customers and money at a crazy rate so we stepped in and took over.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Thanks

Amerie here

ItalianStylez hit it spot on. Sorry to disappoint, but the cars don't exist, and were only posted so that other sellers had more flexibility on their price since the marketplace looked more competitive. This way, future sellers would also price their S2000's and 370z's at a better deal if they wanted to sell quick. I'm in the market for one so just trying to get a good deal this summer, no "clickbait" motives.

The ads were unrelated to my work at House of Cars. For the record, they also don't sell vehicles with fake CarProofs or AMVIC inspections the way Gallery of Fine Cars/Extreme Auto Sales did. I worked with them for six months, and they were a great company. They repair anything necessary as per AMVIC inspections and are very honest in their sales, unlike other dealers. They aren't flexible on prices because they actually put the vehicle through the shop diligently so they know the value in their product.

Originally posted by Amerie
    Amerie here

ItalianStylez hit it spot on. Sorry to disappoint, but the cars don't exist, and were only posted so that other sellers had more flexibility on their price since the marketplace looked more competitive. This way, future sellers would also price their S2000's and 370z's at a better deal if they wanted to sell quick. I'm in the market for one so just trying to get a good deal this summer, no "clickbait" motives.
    No wonder you are in sales with these kinds of ethics.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Amerie here

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

yup seen this before, brings the average local price down and allows buyer to offer less as seller thinks there is more competition to sell.

Greasy that's for sure.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

At least she's honest if she gets called out on it Doing it to get a better deal for herself, not scam other people

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Amerie here

ItalianStylez hit it spot on. Sorry to disappoint, but the cars don't exist, and were only posted so that other sellers had more flexibility on their price since the marketplace looked more competitive.
    I applaud your honesty and owning it, but I'm sorry that's really fucking greasy. That's even greasy by used car sales standards. It's also in violation of AMVIC rules, not that either you or 'Cars by Amerie' actually has an AMVIC license.
    Last edited by carson blocks; 03-27-2017 at 09:47 PM.

My Ride
    can go anywhere

Greaaaasssssyyyyy

My Ride
    Silverado

That's so fucking greasy.

My Ride
    Silverado

Amerie here

The ads were unrelated to my work at House of Cars. For the record, they also don't sell vehicles with fake CarProofs or AMVIC inspections the way Gallery of Fine Cars/Extreme Auto Sales did. I worked with them for six months, and they were a great company. They repair anything necessary as per AMVIC inspections and are very honest in their sales, unlike other dealers. They aren't flexible on prices because they actually put the vehicle through the shop diligently so they know the value in their product.
    Just wanted to quote the whole post in case she deletes it. Fucking greasy.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

S2000 prices are crack pipe wack though...better off going JDM. I know a guy who got a 60k km mint S2000 RHD for 11k. Nice aftermarket wheels, new soft top, JDM F20C with +10hp over USDM, and driving RHD is easy in a narrow car like that.

INB4 influx of RHD S2K's being imported, and the prices going way up now.

Better than waiting for people to come back down to earth with their prices locally...especially the used Subaru price bubble going on in Alberta.

I see. Introduce market manipulation, were all used to it by now. Lol...talking about cars like a real estate market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast