Quantcast
Calgary mayoral election October 16, 2017 - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who is getting your vote for Mayor?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nenshi

94 44.76%
  • Bill Smith

96 45.71%
  • Chabot

7 3.33%
  • Other

13 6.19%
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Calgary mayoral election October 16, 2017

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

No mention of dirty south, map is shit.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thems be fightin words
    I'd actually be really curious, especially the large section of Smith supporters in the south. Because what initially comes to mind are NIMBY inner-city rich whities I thought who hated Nenshi, actually support him. I mean look at Parkdale, Hillhurst, Mount Royal, Crescent Heights for example.

Mackenzie Lake zone was Nenshi's worst at 0.79.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Conservative oil sands money probably tends to go to big suburban houses, which there is a lot of in the deep south.

That would be my guess.

Liberal inner city hipsters and educated workers voted Nenshi.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Arbour Lake being the lone NW community pro Smith is most likely due to the city rejecting the Hawkwood Farm land being rezoned and converted to public green space. Estate ended up selling it this year, and now being rezoned as high density multi-residential, adding 20% more residents to Arbour Lake. My guess is people in the community are blaming Nenshi for being anti low density.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I'd actually be really curious, especially the large section of Smith supporters in the south. Because what initially comes to mind are NIMBY inner-city rich whities I thought who hated Nenshi, actually support him. I mean look at Parkdale, Hillhurst, Mount Royal, Crescent Heights for example.

Mackenzie Lake zone was Nenshi's worst at 0.79.
    Yea would be interesting. Kind of comical that people who want to protect their low density areas bitch about increasing property taxes when higher density areas that work to reduce sprawl and subsequent ballooning servicing costs would help lower their property tax in the long run.

But people will be people. I laughed when residents of the condo building beside the arbour lake farm were livid about high density going in there. Can’t see past their own nose....

Go figure, I live in an 'old people' area.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s not just the condo building. It’s everyone at Arbour Lake that’s not happy about it. The Lake is already running at capacity adding 20% more residents will be brutal.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Yea would be interesting. Kind of comical that people who want to protect their low density areas bitch about increasing property taxes when higher density areas that work to reduce sprawl and subsequent ballooning servicing costs would help lower their property tax in the long run.

But people will be people. I laughed when residents of the condo building beside the arbour lake farm were livid about high density going in there. Can’t see past their own nose....
    The only area that is materially denser than any other region of Calgary is the Beltline.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It’s not just the condo building. It’s everyone at Arbour Lake that’s not happy about it. The Lake is already running at capacity adding 20% more residents will be brutal.
    True but what is the alternative? More sprawl? Every single community in Calgary has a nimby attitude.

One could argue there are better spots for high density. But that is a hard arguement with the proximity to the ctrain.

Fact of the matter is every community along the train line should be focusing on increasing density. That way we aren’t paying to run transit out to what used to be the middle of nowhere. If you buy along a train line and aren’t prepared for that there is literally a world of examples out there of this happening so you should expect it.

Arbour isn’t even going to be that bad. Brentwood freaked out about university city and it ended up making very little difference to community traffic.

Sure the actual lake could be an issue but there are ways of managing that.

My point is though, if people want their big lot and big house, they should shut up about property taxes. The giant lots in the older neighbourhoods are horribly inefficient and costly uses of space. So they don’t really have a leg to stand on when complaining about inefficiencies in the city.
    Last edited by J-hop; 10-25-2017 at 09:34 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

The lake in Arbour Lake is over capacity because it's the size of a small bathtub.

Purple man ordered investigation into dirty pollters

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...-investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Purple man ordered investigation into dirty pollters

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...-investigation

I missed it where does it say nenshi ordered this?

I missed it where does it say nenshi ordered this?
    Backroom talk he is going after the people that he thinks rigged the pols.

Yupp, I read the article and didn't read what Gestalt did.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Yupp, I read the article and didn't read what Gestalt did.
    Yea in fact based on the feelings in the article it would have made more sense for bill smith to call foul on this one.

Backroom talk he is going after the people that he thinks rigged the pols.
    I have not heard this. Who exactly is your source?

Again this poll actually most likely benefitted Nenshi, why would he bother..........

Yea in fact based on the feelings in the article it would have made more sense for bill smith to call foul on this one.

I have not heard this. Who exactly is your source?

Again this poll actually most likely benefitted Nenshi, why would he bother..........
    nensheep are loyal and activists. THey always vote.

Other peolpe didn't bother voting against him becasue they thought its pointless to try and beat him. Phony polls gave them hope, and motivated them to get out and try.

There was a good artcile on it.

nensheep are loyal and activists. THey always vote.

Other peolpe didn't bother voting against him becasue they thought its pointless to try and beat him. Phony polls gave them hope, and motivated them to get out and try.

There was a good artcile on it.
    The exact opposite can be argued. People figured nenshi would have no problem so they weren’t worried. Poll after poll showed bill ahead. This motivated them to vote.

There are articles on that too.....

So you made up the whole rumours of nenshi calling for the investigation?

Do you really think people that wanted changed would have put their faith in a poll? The nenshi supporters I know figured he was a shoe in until the polls started showing bill ahead.

Plus the election is the biggest indicator that your theory holds no water. Nenshi won by a majority....

All that utter BS aside, regardless of what you believe they deserve to be investigated. Polls influence elections no doubt and when they don’t reflect what a populace thinks this could cause buzzard outcomes

Edit:

Yea Gestalt, pretty sure your insider is feeding you BS. If you read the article there are two investigations going on. One is internal. The other is from an organization (MRIA) that has been after Mainstreet for a while. All they are doing is jumping on this opportunity.

In early 2017, polling industry association Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) sanctioned Mainstreet and Maggi. The association alleged Mainstreet had erred by violating its articles of basic principles, honesty, professional responsiblity and published findings, claims that Mainstreet disputes.
    Last edited by J-hop; 10-26-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Edit:

Yea Gestalt, pretty sure your insider is feeding you BS. If you read the article there are two investigations going on. One is internal. The other is from an organization (MRIA) that has been after Mainstreet for a while. All they are doing is jumping on this opportunity.
    The internal one is because they were kicked out of the union. They are facing being shut down otherwuse. Internal just means they are trying to save face.

And its Nenshi supposedly according to a good source that my parents had business connections to.

Wait till his revenge on the developers and owners that tried to sway the election. Hes pissed. Thats what I am hearing.

The internal one is because they were kicked out of the union. They are facing being shut down otherwuse. Internal just means they are trying to save face.

And its Nenshi supposedly according to a good source that my parents had business connections to.

Wait till his revenge on the developers and owners that tried to sway the election. Hes pissed. Thats what I am hearing.
    Not sure if you read that the external organization has been after them for a while. MRIA is a national org. They likely have zero connections whatsoever to nenshi and probably don’t really care about one city’s mayoral election other than it gives them further evidence.

Whether nenshi is “pissed” or not is pretty much irrelevant as far as the reason MRIA initiated an investigation.

Interested in who this source is and how high up they are
    Last edited by J-hop; 10-26-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 LastLast