Quantcast
Own a piece of Holy Smoke - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Own a piece of Holy Smoke

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

If you eat there 5 days a week, for 2 years straight, on an average cost of $20 per visit, you can get your $1500 back with that 15% discount.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by suntan
    Failing grade 6 grammar, your argument is invalid.
    Sorry, not having a general arts degree and instead focusing on math and sciences as afforded me the opportunity to have just rolled out of bed at this hour on a Wednesday

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by suntan
    Failing grade 6 grammar, your argument is invalid.
    I've lost count of how many times I've tried to correct him...

Originally posted by ercchry
    Shareholders will never see dividends, they'll run it at a loss forever... any actual profits will be paid out to HS in the form of inflated salaries and retaining a majority there will be nothing these 250 "owners" can do about it
    My thoughts exactly.

Restaurants are notorious for running at a loss and profits disappearing out the back door.

Aside from inflated salaries and unnecessary spouses on the payroll, you can also have the owners to over purchase meat and supplies that go to their personal residences and the shareholder will be none the wiser. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple company cars used for "promotional purposes" because there happens to be a decal in the rear window.

There are just WAY too many ways for these guys to screw over the shareholders.

Originally posted by taemo
    hard to invest on something like this without seeing their financial performance
    The whole agreement is dumb. All the shareholders own is a share in a single location.

Where is the potential for any growth?

It would be one thing if they sold off 50% of the Holy Smoke brand and then you become a shareholder in the growth of the name and all of the future franchises, but owning a single restaurant location is just an investment in something that will eventually close down and never turn a profit.

Originally posted by Disoblige
    If you eat there 5 days a week, for 2 years straight, on an average cost of $20 per visit, you can get your $1500 back with that 15% discount.
    Except for the fact that the $20 of food you purchased probably only cost the company (and shareholders) $6-10.

So the more you spend, the more you actually lose since you are just feeding the profit margin minus 15%.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Dont you guys think they would disclose more information in their investment package to safe gaurd against these scam theories?

Cant imagine them not disclosing sales of other stores, having rules in place about advertising/company cars/wages etc. It may not be a great investment, but its certainly not going to be a scam. They will be goverened by the Alberta Securities comission, as mentioned at the bottom of the website.

The $1500 max investment is an ASC limit. If you're an accredited investor you can invest more.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Good morning everybody!
    I apologize for not sending you individual e-mails but the trickle has turned into a flood. As requested, here is the package.

I have also included a brochure that we have at our Manhattan Store to give you a little more color in case you have not already seen it – it highlights the “extra Perk” for an owner as well as gives an overview.

If you decide to participate in the offering, just for clarity (I apologize, the forms are long despite being 'shortened' by the Government!) please note:

The documents you need to sign are in the smaller file “Subscription Agreement 45-517….”; In addition to the Subscription Agreement, there are three more Exhibits/Agreements you need to fill out and return, with signatures on pages 3,4,10 and 11;
    These can be scanned, or you are welcome to make an appointment and we can do it in person;
    The maximum investment is $1500 per person (Alberta Securities Commission rule!)- in other words in a household, the wife, husband (partner) and any adult children would each be able to invest up to $1500, however there are exemptions for friends and family, and wealthy investors;
    We can accept checks, e-mail transfer, Debit or VISA – any checks should be made out to Holysmoke Midnapore Holdings Ltd.; and
    Debit or VISA payments must be made in person at the Holysmoke Manhattan Road SE location.

Also, anyone who becomes a shareholder of Holysmoke Midnapore will be contacted first for any future offerings! - they will be given an opportunity to invest (until it is sold out of course) before it is released to the public. And we are close to having another deal for a new restaurant on 17th Ave SW…

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions! I may run an information/ Q&A session at the Manhattan Rd store at some point soon if there is demand.

Alec Ferguson
    Holysmoke BBQ
    #4, 4640 Manhattan Rd SE
    Calgary, AB T2G 4B5
    Last edited by jwslam; 03-29-2017 at 01:48 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Use of funds
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Forecast

They're selling up to 50,000 common shares @ $5/each
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Dont you guys think they would disclose more information in their investment package to safe gaurd against these scam theories?

Cant imagine them not disclosing sales of other stores, having rules in place about advertising/company cars/wages etc. It may not be a great investment, but its certainly not going to be a scam. They will be goverened by the Alberta Securities comission, as mentioned at the bottom of the website.
    It's not an actual scam, it's just a clever way of getting interest free money for a long period of time.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Seeing the $24k in executive pay and $49k in Licensing royaties would make me pause......They own 50% yet still want a license fee. Also dont like that 36k is going towards debt... new restaurant should not have any debt!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Those 250 investors will have to eat there 5 days a week to hit those revenue goals

My Ride
    Fremont

Last edited by LLLimit; 01-22-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    -

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I like how they assume investors automatically mean customers.

I love money, but not necessarily meat.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by flipstah
    I like how they assume investors automatically mean customers.

I love money, but not necessarily meat.
    You love meat

Anyone else thing the staffing costs are pretty high? The manhattan location only ever has two to three people working at a time... don't think running cash or plating meat is a six figure job

That's over 14 $15/hr full time employees
    Last edited by ercchry; 03-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Too much smoke with not enough meat?

Perhaps money will be better spend on a big green egg. You'd still have money left to buy meat. Trade the end product with your friends and neighbours for booze. And you'll have total control of your investment.

Pretty cool, but would have to see previous years financials and their assumptions to determine if their forecasts are reasonable.
    Their SE location has a 4.5/5 rating with almost 1500 votes on zomato which looks promising.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast