Quantcast
Rocky Mountain Motorsports has Council Approval - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Mountain Motorsports has Council Approval

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Default Rocky Mountain Motorsports has Council Approval

Surprised I haven't seen this on here yet, although I might just have not been able to find it...

At the Mountainview County meeting yesterday the council voted in favour of the proposed rezoning of the land to be used for Rocky Mountain Motorsports Park. Next step is the building permit phase.

This is as close as we've come to having a new track in the Calgary area.

http://rockymotorsports.com/

https://www.facebook.com/rockymotorsports/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I believe that Badlands is actually slated to start construction this year.

Not to take anything away from RMM, I'm rooting for both of them, both need to be supported

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I'll believe either of them are in the construction phase as soon as I see ashphalt being put down. lol.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by Go4Long
    I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet. lol.
    FTFY

My Ride
    changes every year

this one is out by strathmore, isn't it? if so that will be awesome.

I am very excited for either. It's almost time to start camera shopping for it

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    this one is out by strathmore, isn't it? if so that will be awesome.
    It's by Carstairs. The southeastern corner of the intersection of highway 581 and highway 2.

Originally posted by Dalking
    I am very excited for either. It's almost time to start camera shopping for it
    Yup. It's like 10 minutes from my house. I picked up another 400mm 2.8 last month.
    Last edited by Go4Long; 03-30-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Originally posted by Go4Long

It's by Carstairs. The southeastern corner of the intersection of highway 581 and highway 2.

Yup. It's like 10 minutes from my house. I picked up another 400mm 2.8 last month.
    Dope!!

My Ride
    is broken

Not quite Go4Long.

Badlands has all the studies and Developments Permits necessary to proceed while RMR does not.

This council approval was only to rezone the land. So they now have land which will permit them to have a racetrack. It does not permit the actual construction. However with this rezoning its all but assured they will get the DP.

Does anyone know the state of thier funding? The types of studies required from here are very costly not to mention actual construction.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

iirc Rocky Mountain are the guys with all the cash. They had their location in Airdrie fully funded, I believe.

Badlands seemed to have the more competent leadership and the better plan, but have been so quiet lately I wonder if they had problems securing funding to actually start construction

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by b_t
    iirc Rocky Mountain are the guys with all the cash. They had their location in Airdrie fully funded, I believe.

Badlands seemed to have the more competent leadership and the better plan, but have been so quiet lately I wonder if they had problems securing funding to actually start construction
    I believe the only fundraising that is planned for badlands is from membership fees... which were always going to be sold right before (or during?) the actual construction, cause Jay had... or had access to everything he needed for the rest of it

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by ercchry

I believe the only fundraising that is planned for badlands is from membership fees... which were always going to be sold right before (or during?) the actual construction, cause Jay had... or had access to everything he needed for the rest of it
    This sounds about right.

I'm rooting for both but I am quite sure Badlands is further ahead in the process right now.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

This sounds about right.

I'm rooting for both but I am quite sure Badlands is further ahead in the process right now.
    Yes, it is close. Construction drawings were submitted for review back in Aug. 2016 (it's a big project so review takes a lot of time ... unlike a kart track or building or even a subdivision).

When you think of it, they are essentially building a town of 2000 in the middle of nowhere where there are no services to speak of ... phone, power, internet, water, sewer, storm sewer, subdivision of the land for housing lots, garage condos, paved roads and even the access road. This is the biggest tourism project in Alberta right now.

They have their own money to get the project to this stage (no problem there and was according to the original plan - no changes). However for construction etc. they will be looking for investors and memberships to be bought ... again this will be soon.

R
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    is broken

BUMP.

They recently updated the website with membership details starting at $37,500.

Havnt heard any recent news on Badlands. I suppose they are looking for investors?

http://rockymotorsports.com/

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Tons of news earlier this week from Badlands. Site design is finalized and hasn’t been shown, they started investor pitches to people this week as well I saw.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Looks like Rejio got his hands on the map for badlands... shared it to their FB

My Ride
    '03 S2000

I shared the Badlands final layout map/drawing from the Ferrari club presentation Badlands did last weekend. The map was posted on the Ferrari Club facebook page. I re-posted and added information on the "Southern Alberta Solosport Club" facebook page ... go there for more info, photos, etc.

Badlands has permits etc. in place and are looking for founding members to invest and get the ball rolling. The engineering/construction permit drawings were submitted last year - Aug. 2016 and they were approved in the spring of 2017. That process for a large project takes a while to do and so it did for them.

Now it is a matter of getting investor dollars and get building. So if you have some major bucks ...

Individual memberships and such will be sold later on. And, before people ask like usual, anyone or entity can rent track time just like Castrol or Race City without being a member as they have said since the beginning. If you look at the map, there could be as many as 4 or 5 groups renting facilities on a given day so there is lots of room to play.

Anyway, I have work to do ... make some money so I can afford to play. LOL

R
    Last edited by reijo; 12-01-2017 at 01:34 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thanks for the update Reijo. So it looks like Badlands is a year or 2 ahead of Rockyview?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the update Reijo. So it looks like Badlands is a year or 2 ahead of Rockyview?
    Rockyview seems to have got some stuff done faster - maybe different county or who knows? Anyway, detailed engineering drawings (something like 60 drawings if I recall correctly - never mind all the environmental regs and such) for Badlands took the better part of a year for a project of this scope and then from Aug. 2016 to the spring - maybe 10 months for the County of Kneehill to review it and approve it. These are not small projects ... like a single family home etc.

R

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by reijo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nd, before people ask like usual, anyone or entity can rent track time just like Castrol or Race City without being a member as they have said since the beginning. LOL
    Thanks for the intel, Reijo. Have they mentioned ballpark pricing for the facility rentals?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast