Quantcast
How to add storage space for music to my Nexus 5x? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: How to add storage space for music to my Nexus 5x?

Default How to add storage space for music to my Nexus 5x?

So I put my iPod through the wash and it died. I fly a lot and need music, but I've always used an iPod (to preserve battery life on my phone) and only have a 16gb Nexus 5x phone.

I know you can add a USB flash drive to add space. Can anyone recommend a good USB drive that is small and will fit into the phone with a case on it? This phone has the USB-C connection. I have done some looking on Google/Amazon, but many of the drives I've found either don't fit with a case, or have a weird/bulky geometry that isn't convenient for use with a phone.

Thanks.

You can get something like this (sounds like you've already looked into it though), but I don't know what case you have:

Otherwise you can just use a short cable and ANY tiny flash drive (there are some extremely small ones like this https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Ultra-...ro+flash+drive), or get Google Play Music and download 5GB of music at a time or whatever. You could also just buy more data and stream, but I find it uses quite a bit of data so you would need quite a big plan.

Also I don't know where you're doing this, but Shaw/Telus have pretty good free WiFi coverage, so streaming might still be viable.

Thanks man! That is what I'm looking for, wonder if it would fit with my case on. This is the case I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176W4118

Hmmm I would guess the bottom opening is too small for the above embedded picture. You could always just cut the opening in the case larger though with a Dremel or similar, cases are so cheap they are basically disposable.