Quantcast
What did you pay for your ST? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What did you pay for your ST?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:15 PM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Brutal!

I think the car doesn't have a high enough profile for what it is. That makes it difficult to sell.

Nearly everybody I talk to that isn't a gear head seems to think it is a Fiesta with a appearance trim package... scratch that, even a lot of gear heads don't even get it until you stick them in one.

Part of the issue is the shitty 0-60, which isn't reflective of what the car actually can do.

The other issue is that the demographic that is looking specifically for this car know exactly how it has been treated. With the low starting price, I wouldn't even consider a well priced used one.

Personally, I plan to continue to drive the crap out of my car and then use it as a low mileage trade in later on, haha. Only if I don't roll it first!
    None of your resale excuses are valid.
    Here I circled the problem:

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Seriously though, I can't think of anything else for $16k and 4k kms that would be as fun to drive on the market today.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I'd bet the wilder colors are partially to blame for resale. The green and orange FiST ones are definitely very love it or hate it.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by blitz
    I'd bet the wilder colors are partially to blame for resale. The green and orange FiST ones are definitely very love it or hate it.
    Somedays I wish I got the grey one...

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I just sold my 2015 with 4000km for $16,000 after having a bunch of deadbeats looking at it for 6 months.
    Its funny, I'm ready to get rid of mine in favour of a SUV (need more space) but seeing yours for sale drop that much has me thinking of just sucking it up and keeping it

My Ride
    a wrx.

Haha man I was so flabbergasted. I think the main problem is that most people have no idea what a special car it is, and then even so, the usual demographic is quite young and needs financing. Also due to age, they have no idea what they're doing.

I had one guy want to take it for a private inspection...in spite of the new car warranty.

I had another kid come "test drive" it with his dad, who basically ended by saying "thanks" and I suspect they just wanted to go for a joy ride.

I don't buy the "I refuse to buy because it's been bagged on" excuse because at 4000km that's almost impossible, and such a concern would rule out every fun car out there. Subarus have insanely high resale and they are all 100% abused and have cracked ringlands.

Apparently even dealers will hang onto these cars for many months before they can sell them too.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by pheoxs

Its funny, I'm ready to get rid of mine in favour of a SUV (need more space) but seeing yours for sale drop that much has me thinking of just sucking it up and keeping it
    Definitely keep it and enjoy it for what it is...a tossable little car that runs circles around higher HP cars.

My Ride
    Horse

^I saw yours drop in price and all I could think about was how much I would have loved to buy it, but as a Uni student, I don't have that kind of money.

If only there were deals like yours when I was carless and got my Fiesta. Seeing the price of yours plummet has me worried on if I'll be able to sell mine in the next year. Fiesta SFE in Envy Green... it's exactly what I wanted but I doubt anyone else in Calgary feels the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2