Quantcast
What did you pay for your ST? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did you pay for your ST?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Default What did you pay for your ST?

Every dealer says they're giving you the best price *blah blah blah*...
    But curious what everyone actually paid for their ST?
    ... Could be of benefit to some/you/us in buying another or our first ST too if we can compare sales prices.

----------

I bought mine in January '17
    2016 Focus ST, 401A ST3, Oxford White.
    - Fully loaded, including an extra set of tires (winter), tint, extended warranty and 4yr/100k service package.
    - Trade in had essentially no +/- value on the deal... maybe a $400 difference in my favor.

TOTAL: $36,88x.xx

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

My 13 FoST was $39xxx can't remember it exactly when I bought in feb 2013
    My 16 FiST was $30,060

Any reputable dealer should be showing you the Car Cost Canada report on the vehicle before your purchase, and negotiating their profit from there. I believe Ford's holdback is 3% as well, so the dealer gets that on the back-end even if they sell it to you at "cost".

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Any reputable dealer should be showing you the Car Cost Canada report on the vehicle before your purchase
    Have literally NEVER seen or heard of this. Ever.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Well, that makes sense. How many reputable dealerships do you know?

The last 4 vehicle purchases I have either made myself or been a part of have worked this way. Did you ask to see it?

It costs what, $30 for a CCC report if you can't find the cost on a forum for free? Everyone is going to do that. You're going to find out either way, so the dealer might as well be showing you to cut through some of the BS as a gesture. If the dealer says F-you, go buy it yourself, maybe you will go buy the car from another dealer. The way I see it, it's in their best interest to show you because you're going to know their cost before buying one way or another.

Originally posted by Disoblige

+1 Haha - possibly the simplest explanation.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Any reputable dealer should be showing you the Car Cost Canada report on the vehicle before your purchase, and negotiating their profit from there. I believe Ford's holdback is 3% as well, so the dealer gets that on the back-end even if they sell it to you at "cost".
    Why the "at cost" in quotes lol.
    I was at one dealer before i bought the car that i did, where the sales manager led me to his office and showed me his screen where he would be losing approx $2000 if he sold me to the price he wanted to close on with me.
    I felt there was some BS going on there, doesnt make sense that they would sell a car at a loss

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Disoblige

None. But to act as if Car Cost Canada isn't a benefit to dealerships (spoiler alert, it is) is an odd attitude to have about it.

By utilizing CCC, dealers can basically go "well, here are the numbers provided from an independent source, we can't go any lower than this". If you haven't noticed, dealers are CONTACTED by CCC when you order a report. CCC isn't for consumers, its for dealers

The last 4 vehicle purchases I have either made myself or been a part of have worked this way. Did you ask to see it?
    You said "should be showing you". Not "did you ask for or bring a CCC with you and negotiate off of it?"

I'm sure its available. Just never have heard or seen a dealership bring it out voluntarily. As I mentioned above, CCC is basically a way for dealerships to get out of negotiating with cheap asses.

Therefore, I use it for basic info and thats about it (mainly rebate program information).

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My 17' FiST was $28000 exactly out the door, however I cancelled my order after finally finding one to sit in and finding I couldn't get comfortable.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My ford site says:

Amount Financed $23,375.06
    Contract Date 08/30/2014
    Current Term 48

And I put 5k down so I guess 28,375.06 back in 2014 when they were never around on lots. Drove up to Edmonton to get it.

Edit: 2014 Molten Orange with Sunroof
    Last edited by pheoxs; 03-31-2017 at 03:44 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

You put a deposit on a car you never sat in or tested???

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    I did, and love it

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

My base (No sunroof, no Nav) 2015 Fiesta ST was $25,600 all in. Plus 0% financing for 72 months, lol.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    Not a single one within 100km of the Calgary area, new or used when I was looking. I had to special order one.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Spirit (aka Performance) Blue Focus ST3, premium rado grey wheel package w/ painted calipers, tech, nav, sunroof, etc. November 2014 build date, bought car April 2015, so it sat unappreciated for a while at the dealer.

Paid 28,600+tax (about 30k on the dot) then 600 for interest before being paid off = 30,700 all in all. Took the car at cost and got the fudge out. Funny I went in wanting a FiST and saying I wouldn't spend more than 20-25k. They had a Molten Orange FiST but the transmission in it was blown, or I would've bought that.

They also had a new '14 Oxford White and '14 Ingot Silver at the time but those two didn't have sunroof or the wheels/calipers and were going to be sold at the same price. I wanted the blue anyway so it worked out. This was when 2015 facelift ST's were rolling out. I miss out on heated flat bottom steering wheel, back up camera, and the Sync 3 (whenever they switched to that) but I don't mind Sync 2 either.

Edit: Interested to see some used prices as well.

Buddy bought a used 2013, 60xxx kms, that came with at least $12k of mods done to it. Paid $24k all in all for it at a dealer. Stage 3, unknown brand intercooler, new rims/tires, custom magnaflow exhaust, FSwerks intake, downpipe, tint, wing risers, mud flaps, front lip, short shifter, lower springs, RMM etc. thing is awesome, need balls to buy something modded like that. I could tell from looking it over that the previous owner knew their stuff. Even had a hunch to stick my head under the back bumper to see, and not to my surprise: a very nice n thick rear sway bar. Dealer and my buddy didn't know about that one. I could tell so much about that car by driving it and comparing it to my stock car.
    Last edited by tehwegz; 04-01-2017 at 02:00 AM.

You said "should be showing you". Not "did you ask for or bring a CCC with you and negotiate off of it?"

I'm sure its available. Just never have heard or seen a dealership bring it out voluntarily. As I mentioned above, CCC is basically a way for dealerships to get out of negotiating with cheap asses.

Therefore, I use it for basic info and thats about it (mainly rebate program information).
    I've never asked to see one, I was just curious if you did since they never showed you. The best dealers (or more accurately, sales people) negotiate with an open book and no BS. I don't know anyone who buys a car anymore without knowing dealer cost when it's so easy/cheap to obtain. For between free and $30 you can entirely eliminate the chance of overpaying. I wouldn't buy a car form someone who wouldn't tell me that info, because I'm going to have it regardless so the only reason they would be saying "no" would be if they didn't want the sale.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:02 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

When I bought my 2014 Focus ST fully optioned with sunroof and NAV i got it for 35k all in.

Sold the car a couple years ago now.

My Ride
    a wrx.

I just sold my 2015 with 4000km for $16,000 after having a bunch of deadbeats looking at it for 6 months.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I just sold my 2015 with 4000km for $16,000 after having a bunch of deadbeats looking at it for 6 months.
    You finally got rid of it? I would have bought it!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast