Quantcast
Voles!!! - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Voles!!!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Bump!

Mother fuckers got my backyard this time around. Can't see the extent of the damage yet but I'm triggered even if the damage is limited. I'm building a vole killing hut as I need traps out but with the dog running around the backyard I can't just set open traps. Fuck.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bump!

Mother fuckers got my backyard this time around. Can't see the extent of the damage yet but I'm triggered even if the damage is limited. I'm building a vole killing hut as I need traps out but with the dog running around the backyard I can't just set open traps. Fuck.
    Thoughts & prayers.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Bump!

I had one get into my house last month during the warm spell as my daughter left the door open. Luckily I trapped it within 6 hours but it somehow navigated every corner in every room and floor in the house shitting all over the place. I suspect they moved from my front driveway to the backyard and have set up shop there.

My Ride
    Grimace

Front and back look like no voles this year after the absolute carnage they did to my front last year.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Bumping this thread. I finally got around to lawn clean up and realized I have some voles, maybe a few mice too under the deck.

Just for clarification you guys with the traps are you baiting with peanut butter or using the no bait and placing in the pathways? I don't want to poison the little shits.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Bumping this thread. I finally got around to lawn clean up and realized I have some voles, maybe a few mice too under the deck.

Just for clarification you guys with the traps are you baiting with peanut butter or using the no bait and placing in the pathways? I don't want to poison the little shits.
    Poison and traps was always the best for me. But if you're against the poison, snap traps with crunchy peanut butter is my go to.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I just caught one this past week, first I've caught in several months.

My trap has peanut butter from probably a year ago on it but I usually just place the traps where they run (in this case its between the foundation and a fence post). Its my vole tunnel of death.

My Ride

So update, I've caught only caught 4 in the last month or so, and I know they are still there.

Caught one yesterday evening while enjoying a drink, when I went inside to get bag to toss it a crow came and took it with my trap.

I am now PRO poisoning the little shits.

What poison did you guys go with? I went to Home depot, but the guy didn't understand what voles were and directed me to an indoor mouse poison station. The smoke bomb will probably work for my front yard as they are under the walkway, but the back I'm not sure where the holes are.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

So update, I've caught only caught 4 in the last month or so, and I know they are still there.

Caught one yesterday evening while enjoying a drink, when I went inside to get bag to toss it a crow came and took it with my trap.

What poison did you guys go with? I went to Home depot, but the guy didn't understand what voles were and directed me to an indoor mouse poison station. The smoke bomb will probably work for my front yard as they are under the walkway, but the back I'm not sure where the holes are.
    The smoke bomb is probably the best bet along with the bait stations with green poison. After fighting this battle for 4 years, I ended up filling up the holes with expandable foam. I haven't seen a vole under my steps in 3 years now as they can't get through the foam and any of them that were under the steps when the hot foam was deployed probably look like Hans Solo at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

I bought this and have caught 6 voles with peanut butter.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09NSQBHJC/

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I use the little black boxes with green poison in them. Don't tell your local Karen.

I've also caught 3 more in the last couple weeks in my tunnel o' death between the foundation wall and fence post.

I've never used the smoke bomb as I've never had them under anything. Just in my lawn over winter. Maybe I could smoke the neighbours out with them though as they're harbouring the voles in their junkyard.

My Ride

I use the little black boxes with green poison in them. Don't tell your local Karen.
    ... Maybe I could smoke the neighbours out with them though as they're harbouring the voles in their junkyard.
    This I think is my problem, neighbors across the alley have some sort of hoarding problem in their yard. Almost all the vole tracks and holes are coming from that side of the fence.

Where do I get this green poison and can I just drop it down the holes?

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

one thing about the smoke bombs......they stink out the entire street so if you have any "karen's" around, they might call 911 and say you are a terrorist with chemical weapons.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    one thing about the smoke bombs......they stink out the entire street so if you have any "karen's" around, they might call 911 and say you are a terrorist with chemical weapons.
    Shit, my street is full of Karens. I may just hook up a hose to the back of the exhaust of the 240, the lil bastards will come out glowing.

I've had a neighbor complain to my face about my car at idle on a Saturday afternoon. "Shaking her house and exhaust fumes". I have mufflers, sorta.

Discrete green poison in the hole might be the best bet. Is this the stuff? UFA Airdrie. I need a permit? WTF BBQ
    Name:  425436_000_001.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  90.3 KB
    Last edited by DonJuan; 06-22-2022 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

you can probably just get the stuff from Home Depot, Rona or Canadian Tire. It's all the same stuff but some of it is built into black plastic protective traps so neighbourhood dogs, cats, rabbits and kids can't ingest it.

I used to toss it all down the hole to stop anything other than the voles getting it. I would also consider looking into an expanding foam to fill up the holes. I had a pro come in from a concrete lifting company as I had a major void under my driveway that needed a lot of product, but if I had a few holes here and there, I would by the stuff in the can.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Yeah, the only thing to be wary of with poison is that it technically attracts them. It's supposed to smell yummy so that they eat it, but that means it may bring a few extras around. And most poisons are designed to take a day or two to work, so that the voles have enough time to tell all their friends about this great new food source before they kick off.

My Ride

I'm gonna put the poison in the holes, bait stations, and traps. I'm so pissed.

I should just throw a bait station in the hoarders yard too. They wont notice.

My Ride
    *The First*

I used Wilsarin

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The poison works best over winter when there is limited food and water available. Works by dehydration.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Got my supplies...
    Name:  guerra-war.gif
Views: 139
Size:  92.3 KB

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast