Quantcast
Alberta Catholic high school under fire for pro-life presentation comparing abortion - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Alberta Catholic high school under fire for pro-life presentation comparing abortion

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:12 PM.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by Antonito
    Duaner forcing his beliefs on sugarphreak vs sugarphreak stopping him from doing so
    It would appear that Duaner is expressing his opinion on internet form, much like Sugarphreak was. Could you explain how Duaner was forcing his belief, and Sugarphreak was merely stopping him from doing so?

Originally posted by HuMz

It would appear that Duaner is expressing his opinion on internet form, much like Sugarphreak was. Could you explain how Duaner was forcing his belief, and Sugarphreak was merely stopping him from doing so?
    you should re-read the last page, you're missing the point by a country mile

Edit: sugarphreak took the time to clarify it
    Last edited by Antonito; 04-17-2017 at 08:43 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Antonito
    you should re-read the last page, you're missing the point by a country mile
    That's straight out of his playbook, though: look at every religious conversation that has ever been on beyond, and you'll find a HuMz gem that finds a way to be totally relevant and irrelevant at the same time.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Nobody is forcing their belief on others on a forum, it is an exchange of ideas and opinions

What is forcing your briefs is if you are voting against choice either in referendums or for politicians that would seek to remove that right to choose.

Whether you are discussing something on an open forum or marking down your vote on a ballet, both are free expressions and choices that one can make in a democratic society.

Its absolutely absurd to think that because someone may exercise that democratic right on an issue that you disagree with, that they are therefore forcing their belief any more then you are. There are two sides to virtually every moral issue.

It sounds like your taking issue with those specifically that seek to implement laws or policies that will restrict others. However, virtually all laws do exactly this. And in that sense, every law is a forced belief on those that it restricts. What I don't get is whats wrong with that? A society without forced beliefs in the form of laws would be anarchy.

Originally posted by HuMz
    It sounds like your taking issue with those specifically that seek to implement laws or policies that will restrict others. However, virtually all laws do exactly this. And in that sense, every law is a forced belief on those that it restricts. What I don't get is whats wrong with that?
    What's wrong with that is simply that not all laws are just and ethical. More specifically, when laws suppress basic personal rights such as the right to die, homosexuality, the use of contraception, polygamy, etc.

My Ride

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    At the end of the day, both euthanasia and abortion are rights over your own body, and frankly they should be protected under that charter.
    Religion sees this point differently, hence the continuous argument surrounding it.

Originally posted by A790

Religion sees this point differently, hence the continuous argument surrounding it.

This again leads back to my point that it is inconsistent to say that Christianity aims to end suffering as an exception is always made when they perceive that god's will demands people suffer:

Originally posted by duaner

There is such a thing as pain management for many conditions. Do you think suicide is dignified? What about fighting till the end?
    Last edited by J-hop; 04-17-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Duaner,

You accuse of others of not understanding the bible / christians. Realistically, what is there for others to understand other than a belief in an invisible man and a 2000 year old mish mash of a book filled with condoned murder, contradictions, hatred, laughable superstitions, laughable medical cures... I could go on and on.

You then post fundamental falsehoods about dying with dignity which clearly show you don't understand the topic. Example, Belgium and pain management.

In regards to knowing the bible, I suggest this breakdown of the bible which shows the general absurdity of the bible:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/intro.html

In regards to dying with dignity:

The Supreme Court has confirmed what patients, healthcare professionals and our supporters have known for years: the Criminal Code ban on physician assisted dying violates our human rights.

In striking down the old law, the justices clearly explained why the ban contravenes our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The prohibition, the court wrote, forces patients to endure intolerable suffering against their wishes and denies them autonomy over their bodies
    That's a quote from the website for the Canadian dying with dignity movement:

http://www.dyingwithdignity.ca/
    Last edited by Seth1968; 04-18-2017 at 09:15 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by J-hop
    This again leads back to my point that it is inconsistent to say that Christianity aims to end suffering as an exception is always made when they perceive that god's will demands people suffer:
    I don't disagree. Religious history is full of atrocities, and many of these are still ongoing. Millions have people have died in the name of Christianity or Islam over the decades.

They still are, even today.

Originally posted by A790

I don't disagree. Religious history is full of atrocities, and many of these are still ongoing. Millions have people have died in the name of Christianity or Islam over the decades.

They still are, even today.
    Agreed, yea my point was directed at duaner. His comments suggest that assisted suicide because of living an extremely painful low quality of life is not dignified but fighting/suffering until the end is. So how can he claim Christianity aims to prevent suffering

My Ride
    G6

I would be right, of course. Regarding abortion, a solid case can be made through science and philosophy, so I am comfortable saying the atheist is certainly wrong.

And, yes, I find Sharia Law's oppression of women wrong, as any decent human being should.
    The reason women wear the beekeeper suit in Saudi Arabia is because the female form arouses men, which must be prevented. Last I checked, there's a solid case in science and philosophy for that too. But of course YOUR view is right and theirs is wrong, right??

I don't understand your point about birth control. Do you know Christians who don't care about how the world will be in 200 years? If you do, they are wrong. That is not a biblical position and I know of no Christian who believes that.
    Please tell me you're joking. Here's an article that discusses how 41% of your fellow Christians in the USA believe Jesus is coming in THEIR LIFETIME (by 2050). Let's not bullshit by pretending these views are not mainstream. The only two Christians I am close with in Calgary who actively practice (and follow the teachings) wholeheartedly believe this.

https://www.good.is/articles/more-th...ture-is-coming

There are Bible scholars who are not theists as well as those of different religions. There is a ton of material out there by Christian scholars and theologians which give very credible, coherent answers.

Beginning by dismissing anything the Bible says prior to reading it, studying it, and attempting to understand what it says, is rather closed-minded. It is post-truth. And that is the very problem. I don't see how it is rational to disbelieve something that one hasn't actually studied, especially so strongly and vehemently.
    Not anything. I think the bible is a historical fiction book with lots of basis in reality and around events that actually occurred; that's undeniable. The fiction starts when the "miracles" or any talking with God starts.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Feruk
    The reason women wear the beekeeper suit in Saudi Arabia is because the female form arouses men, which must be prevented. Last I checked, there's a solid case in science and philosophy for that too. But of course YOUR view is right and theirs is wrong, right??
    The only true Religion is the one I'm blinded by.....errrr, I mean devout to. All others are blasphemy resulted from a perverted understanding of the word of God.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 04-18-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6