Quantcast
and this is why you get a PPI done - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: and this is why you get a PPI done

Looks nice but I wouldn't chance it with that type of car.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

What are you complaining about? The new paint is thicker.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

A surprisingly high number of sports cars and exotics have some paintwork. Minor touch-ups that are good enough for a family car aren't sufficient for a $200k+ shiny red sports car. The key is what was the cause of the paintwork?

A door-ding, a child's bike falling against it, scorned woman... all plausible reasons a car would have some paint that shouldn't otherwise turn you off buying the car. Think about it - if it was (already) your car, what would you do? Not paint it? It can't be forgotten that a number of cars are damaged during delivery to the original selling dealer; there's a good chance that's the case here and neither the previous owner or Jag dealer knew anything about it.

If, however, the repaint was due to an accident or other more significant damage, then you have more reason to seek compensation, or simply walk away.

Frankly, if you're specifically seeking an LM, everything else checks out and there's no sign of significant damage, there's no reason to walk away from a rare opportunity like this.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Looks like the car has hit Autotrader -

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Audi/R8/W...PO&orup=1_15_7

Interestingly, there are two other 2015 R8 LMs on the market, both asking ~15% more than the Red car. Perhaps that indicates the seller is already taking any prior paintwork into consideration with their pricing. Strange that 3 of the 8 are on the market...
    Last edited by you&me; 04-13-2017 at 06:54 AM.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

What is the LM edition all about?

Originally posted by you&me

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Audi/R8/W...mp;orup=1_15_7

Interestingly, there are two other 2015 R8 LMs on the market, both asking ~15% more than the Red car. Perhaps that indicates the seller is already taking any prior paintwork into consideration with their pricing. Strange that 3 of the 8 are on the market...
    Or they are not real ad's put up to make it seem like a deal...i think we've seen that before.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    What is the LM edition all about?
    Originally posted by Buster

The LM was a highly lightened version of the R8, with a bump to 570hp, more carbon interior bits, and a bunch of other stuff.

My Ride
    ute

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Audi/R8/W...mp;orup=1_15_7

The yellow one isn't an LM. Not sure why the guy thinks he can trick people. The blue one has been for sale since they came out. The dealer is being dumb.

The LM is mostly a marketing exercise. Think of it as a PlusPlus. It's not as collectible as a real special edition like a scuderia or something.

When I'm shopping for a car I consider the asking price mostly irrelevant to my assessment.

My Ride
    ute

A surprisingly high number of sports cars and exotics have some paintwork. Minor touch-ups that are good enough for a family car aren't sufficient for a $200k+ shiny red sports car. The key is what was the cause of the paintwork?

A door-ding, a child's bike falling against it, scorned woman... all plausible reasons a car would have some paint that shouldn't otherwise turn you off buying the car. Think about it - if it was (already) your car, what would you do? Not paint it? It can't be forgotten that a number of cars are damaged during delivery to the original selling dealer; there's a good chance that's the case here and neither the previous owner or Jag dealer knew anything about it.

If, however, the repaint was due to an accident or other more significant damage, then you have more reason to seek compensation, or simply walk away.

Frankly, if you're specifically seeking an LM, everything else checks out and there's no sign of significant damage, there's no reason to walk away from a rare opportunity like this.
    Quite likely it's nothing. But I'm not willing to take those kind of risks myself. Target fixation is costly. I wasn't in the market for an LM...Just a regular V10. I said if they hit my price I'd pull the trigger. But at these numbers you are starting to get within spitting distance of where the gen2 models will start to show up on the secondary market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2