Quantcast
Puppy or the Groomer? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Puppy or the Groomer?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by Kari_310

I think there are always those random situations that picking them up is needed and as long as you're not picking them up all the time it should be fine. You'll notice that when owners constantly pick up their dogs it turns into small dog syndrome where they will assume you will save them every time and actually bark/attack more because of that.
    That was my concern, so many little shit dogs that are that way because they've been coddled with being picked up at every little opportunity. And then cause they're small are allowed to be pricks. Wouldn't surprise me if those type of dogs are a nightmare at a groomer.

Sounds like you're on track with your mutt, maybe just having an off-day at the groomer.

My Ride
    2014 J150 1UR-FE

I take my dog to Muttley Crue

The groomers there are very professional, they do a lot of volunteer work with AARC's (and I think a few other rescue groups) grooming rescued animals (they helped with the Milk River rescue) which means a lot to me and also leads me to believe they understand animal mindsets and can handle more difficult situations than my little guy would give them. They are a bit out of the way near the NE city bus depot off 32nd Ave NE east of Deerfoot but worth the drive.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by bh87
    I'd go there just for the name. I won't hire trades who have stupid pun names just because I can't take them seriously but for this? Get outta here, hire them in a heartbeat!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say dog. Best to put it down just to be safe.
    Fucking dogs, all are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Sounds like some are watching too much dog whisperer. He is the David Wolfe of dog training.

No you don't need to show a dog who's boss. No you shouldn't use aversive training. That is anti-scientific.

Funny people trust science until it comes to dog training. Then they resort to relying on shitty research from the 40s and 70s which has (in the case of the 70s researcher) been recanted.

Sounds like your groomer's "sternness" has resulted in a very poor relationship as someone already mentioned. Switch groomers....
    Last edited by J-hop; 04-12-2017 at 07:19 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by J-hop
    Sounds like some are watching too much dog whisperer. He is the David Wolfe of dog training.

No you don't need to show a dog who's boss. No you shouldn't use aversive training. That is anti-scientific.

Funny people trust science until it comes to dog training. Then they resort to relying on shitty research from the 40s and 70s which has (in the case of the 70s researcher) been recanted.

Sounds like your groomer's "sternness" has resulted in a very poor relationship as someone already mentioned. Switch groomers....
    Same could be said of parenting. How many parents believe that being strict is a cure-all for poor behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Update:

Took my dog to a new groomer. He said he was restless for the first 10 mins but then calmed down and behaved well. I'm assuming since it was the first time at this place he was unsure how to feel about this person cutting his hair. Will be going to the new place again.

My Ride
    Jetta TDI

Originally posted by bh87

The groomers there are very professional, they do a lot of volunteer work with AARC's (and I think a few other rescue groups) grooming rescued animals (they helped with the Milk River rescue) which means a lot to me and also leads me to believe they understand animal mindsets and can handle more difficult situations than my little guy would give them. They are a bit out of the way near the NE city bus depot off 32nd Ave NE east of Deerfoot but worth the drive.
    +1

they are great - been taking our dogs there for 5 years, best experience we've had with groomers in calgary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2