Quantcast
Autocross in Calgary! 2017 SASC/CSCC Solo2 Schedule - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Autocross in Calgary! 2017 SASC/CSCC Solo2 Schedule

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Default Autocross in Calgary! 2017 SASC/CSCC Solo2 Schedule

Just wanted to notify everyone interested that we have released the 2017 schedule for Solo 2 (autocross) in the Southern Alberta area:

April 16 Sunday YYC Season Opening Practice Event (Contingent on weather)
    April 29 Saturday Fort Macleod Practice Event and Novice School
    April 30 Sunday Fort Macleod SASC / CSCC Championship Event #1
    May 13 Saturday YYC SASC Novice School
    May 14 Sunday YYC SASC/CSCC Championship Event #2
    May 20 Saturday Fort Macleod SoloPro Performance Driving School Level 1 / Extreme Day 1
    May 21 Sunday Fort Macleod SoloPro Performance Driving School Level 2 / Extreme Day 2
    May 28 Sunday Westerner Park Red Deer Championship Event #3
    June 4 Sunday Fort Macleod SASC/CSCC Championship Event #4
    June 10 Saturday Westerner Park Red Deer Practice Event
    June 11 Sunday Westerner Park Red Deer SASC/CSCC Championship Event #5
    June 17 Saturday YYC WCMA Regional Championship Day 1
    June 18 Sunday YYC WCMA Regional Championship Day 2
    July 2 Sunday YYC SASC/CSCC Championship Event #6
    July 8 Saturday Westerner Park Red Deer SASC/CSCC Championship Event #7
    July 23 Sunday Fort Macleod SASC/CSCC Championship Event #8
    August 6 Sunday Westerner Park Red Deer SASC /CSCC Championship Event #9
    August 12 Saturday YYC 2-Day Challenge Event **Co-Sponsored with the CSCC**
    August 13 Sunday YYC 2-Day Challenge Event **Co-Sponsored with the CSCC**
    August 26 Saturday Fort Macleod Practice Event
    August 27 Sunday Fort Macleod SASC/CSCC Championship Event #10
    September 16 Saturday Westerner Park Red Deer SASC/CSCC Championship Event #11
    September 17 Sunday YYC SASC/CSCC Championship Event #12
    September 24 Sunday Fort Macleod SASC Fort Macleod Appreciation Event
    October 1 Sunday YYC SASC/CSCC Championship Event #13
    October 15 Sunday YYC SASC/CSCC Season Closing Event (Contingent on weather)

For more info including Fee Structure/Rules/Regulators please check out our forum @ http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.php?topic=657.0

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...=Calgary%2C+AB

Signing up for an SASC membership gets you a nice discount on entry fees as well as other perks, more info here:

http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.php...cseen.html#new

Snowing...is this still going to be a go?

My Ride

Originally posted by turbojohnsrt4gt
    Snowing...is this still going to be a go?
    It will be cool ... as in near-freezing or possibly slightly below first thing in the morning so it would be wise to dress accordingly ... and even feeling colder if it is windy at all. The sun is currently rising before 7 am so the warming will happen fairly quickly and all the pavement etc. will be exposed to the sun well before we are running .... so more than likely we'll be ok.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Two days of events at YYC/Budget lot just north side of the Calgary International Airport this weekend:

1. Saturday: BMW club and Novice schools PLUS a practice. We will have 2 courses set up (Novices on the NE lot).

2. Sunday - 2nd Championship event of the year for the combined CSCC & SASC Season Championship (you must have a membership to get points). Ryan C. has stepped up and designed the course for Sunday|! Thanks Ryan!

Memberships and entry here:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/so...solosport-club
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    '03 S2000

The SoloPro Performance Driving School is one we bring in once a year with US National-level instructors and they are being held this coming weekend (May 20/21).

We still have a couple of spots open:

Level 1 (L1) on Saturday - $380
    Level 2 - L2 - sold out.

Extreme (2-day) - $760 (prerequistes L1 and L2).

email me if interested - this is really last minute. I am heading to Fort Macleod for the schools this afternoon and the instructors from the US and Winnipeg are flying in this afternoon (some are already under way).

[email protected]

More info on the schools here: www.soloprodrivingschool.com
    And the SASC Forum (and Facebook - search for SASC): www.sascsolo.com

If you have not taken a hi-perf driving school before, the L1 will teach you a LOT and change the way you look at driving for good!

Cheers!

Reijo
    Last edited by reijo; 05-19-2017 at 10:20 AM.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Autox in Fort Macleod this coming Sunday - June 4th.

However the Lethbridge Sports Car Club has come alive again and is running an autox at Fort Macleod at the airport on Saturday so you could get 2 days in this weekend.

The venue is good if you have not been ... very smooth and grippy airport quality asphalt albeit a bit narrow ... 3000' of runway plus another 500' feet or so of apron access.

Cheers,

Reijo

My Ride
    '03 S2000

This coming weekend we have a double-header autox at the YYC lot in Calgary.

It is the WCMA double regional and will include competitors from as far away as Winnipeg who are on their way to the National Championships in Pitt Meadows (Vancouver) the following weekend.

So we are looking at some great competition this coming weekend, and some well-prepared cars and very good National-calibre drivers running.

Come and check out the action but, better yet, jump in the action - run yourself! There are no prerequistes or special requirements and you do not need experience (one of the beauties of autox ... run what ya brung!) in order to register and run. I guarantee it'll be fun!

Register here:

http://msreg.com/2017YYCWCMA

More information is available at the SASC forum:

www.sascsolo.com

See you soon!

Reijo - SASC Solo Director

My Ride
    is broken

Where is the YYC lot in Calgary?

Old park and ride means nothing to me. :/

Edit: Found it 51.1409035,-114.0094507

My Ride
    '03 S2000

there is a map on MSReg as well when you register ... look for it on the front page or so.

The actual address is 2020 Airport Trail NE ... although you need to access it from the north via 22nd St. NE .... and off of 100 th Avenue NE.

R

My Ride
    is broken

Yea I see that now. However the Gmap on the MSReg page points to (Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, 3111 26 St NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 7E4, Canada)

Anyway. See ya'll sunday

My Ride
    '03 S2000

the Hampton's Inn would be the nearest building to that address - corner of 19th St NE and 100th Ave NE.

The actual address refers to a vacant lot.

R
    Last edited by reijo; 06-28-2017 at 06:01 PM.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

July 3, 2017 autox at YYC/old Park'n Jet lot just north of the Airport is on this Sunday ... you can register until Saturday evening.

July 23 event - Championship #8 at the Fort Macleod Airport is also up and ready for registration now.

See the link for registration above in this thread.

Reijo

My Ride

SPECIAL EVENT @ YYC - Challenge Event with CASH PRIZES!!!

Name:  contact.png
Views: 486
Size:  91.2 KB

Co-Hosted by the SASC and the CSCC, the 'FAT KAT' Challenge is a special two day solo event being held the weekend of August 12 & 13, 2017 at our YYC lot.

Event Format
    This is a 2 day “Match Tour” style of event. Competitors will be divided into 3 separate run groups and allowed a minimum of 3 timed runs in 3 qualifying sessions within their run group. Competitor’s single best times, from each session, will be combined for an aggregate Challenge qualifying time based on PAX index.

Sunday afternoon the top 16 qualifiers in each run group will face off in their run group Elimination Challenge, to determine the final 3 competitors. These final 3 competitors will be allowed 1 run each to determine their final placement in the “FAT KAT’ Challenge, with OVERTIME Rentals prize money awarded as follows:

1st Place $600.00
    2nd Place $300.00
    3rd Place $100.00

An added incentive to Saturday’s runs, additional prize money will be paid to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place PAX finishers in each of the following 4 groups, both in Saturday's morning and afternoon runs:

Street
    Street Touring + Street Prepared + Classic American Muscle + Heritage Classic
    Prepared + Street Modified + Modified
    Ladies
    (This prize money will be a percentage based on total number of entries.)

Eligibility: Competitors and Vehicles
    Competitor eligibility, vehicle eligibility and vehicle classing must meet ASN Canada FIA National Solosport Regulations, and also in accordance with SCCA Solo Rules.

http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/...ulations-R.pdf
    https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules/

A valid Operator’s Licence is required to participate and must be presented at check in.
    An ASN SoloSport Vehicle Technical Self-Declaration form is required at check in.
    (http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/..._Insp_Form.pdf)
    Vehicles must display the SASC Annual Tech sticker in the lower left corner of the windscreen.

As motorsports enthusiasts, it is our goal to not only host motorsports events, but to demonstrate that motorsports activities can be conducted in a responsible manner that benefits the participants everyday driving skills and behavior. With this in mind, participants and attendees are reminded to be respectful of others, property and municipal ordinances, both on and off the event site. Racing, burning out, stunting, exceeding posted speed limits will not be tolerated. Maximum 10 kph speed limit on site. Any participant not exhibiting good behavior both on site and off site will be asked to leave and banned from future events.
    No alcohol or drugs are allowed on site. Port-a-potties will be available on site.
    All garbage must be removed from site.
    In an effort to minimize our sound impact, the SASC strictly enforces a 93 dB sound limit at all events. Any vehicle exceeding 93 dB, measured at 50 feet, or showing excessive tire squealing, will be required to stop running.

Event Operations
    Entry is limited to the first 120 paid registrants at http://www.MSReg.com/2017FATKAT
    Entry Fee $100 for WCMA / ASN / SCCA affiliated members and $140 for non-members.
    No onsite registration or payment will be permitted. Event Check-In Closes at 8:30 AM on Saturday morning.
    All competitors are required to work one Heat for each of the 3 Sessions they participate in. Failure to work your assignment results in disqualification.
    Competitors will be randomly divided into 3 separate Run Groups. Competitors sharing the same car will be entered in to separate Run Groups.
    All competitors will be allowed a minimum of 3 timed runs in 3 sessions within their run group; Session 1 Saturday morning, Session 2 Saturday afternoon, Session 3 Sunday morning. Competitor’s single best times, from each session, will be combined for an aggregate Challenge qualifying time based on PAX index.
    All competitor cars must be to Grid no later than 5 minutes before the start of their Session.
    Competitors will not be allowed to “ride along” with any other competitor. Non competitors will be allowed to “ride along” if the competitor agrees.

Sunday afternoon the top 16 PAX qualifiers in each Run Group will participate in their run group Elimination Challenge, to determine the final 3 competitors in the “FAT KAT” Challenge.

Elimination Challenge Procedures:
    Each competitor that qualifies for a challenge will be required to work another challenge.

Elimination Challenge eliminates 50% of competitors in each round: 16 cars –> 8 cars –> 4 cars –> 2 cars –> Final “FAT KAT” Challenge Qualifier.

Each competitor will be “dialed in” based on their best individual scratch qualifying time, not PAX time. Any Competitor “breaking out” from this dial in time, will be assigned a new “dial in” time equal to 1.5 times the “break out” for the next round. Example: Dial In time 60.00 secs, Run time 59.00 secs, New Dial In time 58.50 secs.

In the event of a tie, the round will be rerun. If a vehicle breaks the competitor may only use another vehicle within the same class.

Schedule
    Saturday August 12, 2017
    07:00 Site Open, Course Setup
    07:30 Competitor Check In. Check-In Closes at 8:30 AM
    Tech Open for Annual SASC Tech Sticker
    08:00 Course Open for Walking
    09:00 Mandatory Driver's Meeting
    09:30 Competition Runs Start Time
    18:00 Site Closes

Sunday August 13, 2017
    07:30 Site Open, Course Open for Walking
    08:30 Competition Runs Start Time
    12:30 Challenge Competition Runs Start Time
    15:30 'FAT KAT' Challenge – Final Three Competitors, one run each
    Awards Presentation
    18:00 Site Closes

My Ride

BUMP!

Registration deadline for the 'FAT KAT" Challenge has been extended to Friday, Aug 11 at 8:00 pm.

This is likely the only Solo event you can participate in for significant prize money based on your own run index ability.
    Everyone has an equal chance at the $$$. Don't miss the opportunity.

Also Note:
    Saturday's prize money payout will be revised from 3 deep PAX finishers in the 4 groups, morning and afternoon, to a Random TEAM PAX winner and Random TEAM RAW winner payout, due to the lower entrant levels.

Fast or Slow... Everyone has a chance at the dough.

On Saturday it is like a regular autox. However the times you post are used to determine your index for Sunday.

In a very basic sense: The Sunday runs are on the same course but your time from Saturday determines your placement on the ladder but you run against your own best time. The other person running "against" you also runs against their own best time. Whoever matches their own best PAX time or more more closely wins and moves to the next step.

Also if you "break out" or run faster than your best time on Saturday, then your PAX time gets adjusted to the new time for the next run (x1.5 the difference) and the process repeats until there is only one left - the winner. There may be a run-off for 2nd and 3rd place because the way the ladder system works.

The beauty is that you are running against your own best time not just the best PAX time like in the SCCA Pros and such. Due to this everyone has an equal chance you just have to be consistent ... and clean.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Next events are this weekend at the Fort Macleod Airport ... 1.5 hrs. drive south of Calgary on Hwy 2.

Saturday, Aug. 26: Practice (and maybe school if there is sufficient interest)

Sunday, Aug. 27: Championship #10 for the CSCC/SASC summer autox series. Note that everyone is welcome whether you have experience or not.

Autox is an introduction to the world of motorsports and one of the beauties of it is that you do not need anything special other than a helmet (Snell 2005 approved or newer). If you do not have a helmet, we have loaner helmets.

So, come on out, the FM Airport is a good venue and even the weather forecast is good, sunny and hot! Be prepared.

Register on-line here:

Run in a CSP-class Miata at FM from last year (thanks Cam!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybzb4I-G2A

Reijo

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Next events: There are RDSSC events coming up next (Sept. 5 and 17) and CSCC (SASC) championship #11 in Red Deer (Westerner) on Saturday, Sept. 16.

Registration for CSCC/Red Deer on Sept. 16 is here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-sports-578188

The next SASC (CSCC) Championship Event #12 is at YYC/Calgary on Sunday, Sept. 17 and I just opened up registration for it here:

http://msreg.com/sept1717sasc

Therefore, in a sense, we have a double-header on Sept. 16-17 but with Saturday in Red Deer and Sunday in Calgary (YYC).

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Please note that with the event on Sunday the gate for drivers closes at 8:50 am SHARP and drivers that have not checked in on site with the timing vehicle prior to 9:00am sharp will not be allowed to run that day, no exceptions.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Next events are in Fort Macleod!

1. LSCC on Saturday, Sept. 23 - some of their club members are going to be missing this one so there will be plenty of runs!
    Register here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ar-club-344128

2. SASC/Fort Macleod appreciation day on Sunday, Sept. 24.
    Register here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/so...solosport-club

Free lunch on us!

We will be taking any locals who would be interested in ride-alongs for a run just like we did last year!

Everyone welcome!

The course will be a variation of the one everyone liked that last time!

My Ride
    '03 S2000

This coming Sunday (October 1) is the final Championship event of the year for the CSCC/SASC Championship series.

The event is at YYC/Budget in Calgary.

Register here if you have not done so already:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast