Quantcast
Proposed Federal Marijuana Legislation Unvailed - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Proposed Federal Marijuana Legislation Unvailed

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they pretty much fit into the stereotype of people that do "weed-search"
    PhDs doing research. Now I've seen everything!

Last edited by J-hop; 11-10-2017 at 02:46 AM.

So it now sounds like nothing will be in place until into late August/early September just die to the processes involved but another debate that has arisen is how marijuana use should be handled - should it be treated like tobacco or like alcohol? With respect to operating vehicles, it appears it will be treated like alcohol but what about in other scenarios?

One can not legally walk down the sidewalk and drink a beer so should the same logic be applied to smoking marijuana? Or should smoking marijuana be treated like tobacco with restrictions where one can use that? Also, what of medicinal marijuana products that may not even get one high, that are being used for marijuana's other properties?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    So it now sounds like nothing will be in place until into late August/early September just die to the processes involved but another debate that has arisen is how marijuana use should be handled - should it be treated like tobacco or like alcohol? With respect to operating vehicles, it appears it will be treated like alcohol but what about in other scenarios?

One can not legally walk down the sidewalk and drink a beer so should the same logic be applied to smoking marijuana? Or should smoking marijuana be treated like tobacco with restrictions where one can use that? Also, what of medicinal marijuana products that may not even get one high, that are being used for marijuana's other properties?
    Hopefully like alcohol. I dont have to worry about others accidentally spilling their beer into my mouth whenever I’m out in public and same should be for another’s stinky weed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's actually weird that you can't walk down the street drinking a beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Good ol Christian values.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

You can’t walk down the sidewalk drinking a beer?! Weird... my beer still drinks just fine walking on a sidewalk

I really hope they reverse the “no weed and alcohol served in the same venue” thing... so much potential for $30+ cocktails with weeeeed maaan

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I’ve always thought it was weird you can’t have open booze in a car, too, especially as a passenger. Drinking doesn’t equal drunk.

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Good ol Christian values.
    That, combined with the need of all the 16-25 year olds to drink to get smashed, instead of drinking to enjoy the drink. Pop culture here is all about getting drunk, where as in countries like Italy/France where drinking on the streets is less frowned upon, they aren't drinking to get drunk. It's too bad, I like to walk the dog while having a beer in the summer, so now I just put it in a sippy cup and no one is the wiser.

To topic, I hope it's treated like a mix of alcohol and tobacco. Smoke in designated areas (not on patios, not inside, all that derp) but if you are out in a park it's no big deal. Don't smoke and drive. I honestly don't think we are going to notice the effects as much as we think we are, because people are already smoking in public places anyway. Maybe this will invite a couple more, but it's not like everyone and their dog will be smoking once this takes effect. I'd like to see restrictions on workplace consumption, just like alcohol. I don't like working with people who are drunk, the same way as I don't like working with people who are too high to function "just because they can be."

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 300havoc View Post
    That, combined with the need of all the 16-25 year olds to drink to get smashed, instead of drinking to enjoy the drink. Pop culture here is all about getting drunk, where as in countries like Italy/France where drinking on the streets is less frowned upon, they aren't drinking to get drunk.
    Exactly. The Puritans never figured out that making something taboo makes people want it. North America is such a joke in so many ways around the rule of "law".
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Silverado

It's ridiculous you can't drink alcohol in a park. This whole argument just brings that back into light.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Colorado has a population of less than 6 million people and has a smaller economy than Alberta, and saw marijuana revenue from taxes, licenses and fees of $193M in 2016.
    We are now about 4.5 months after legalization. Where's all this money? Did Trudeau funnel it to his bonne amis dans SNC Lavelin, or are we ever going to reap the tremendous utopia of benefits that legalization was constantly constantly promised to bring?
    Maybe when my street is plowed for the first time it will be paved with gold?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    We are now about 4.5 months after legalization. Where's all this money? Did Trudeau funnel it to his bonne amis dans SNC Lavelin, or are we ever going to reap the tremendous utopia of benefits that legalization was constantly constantly promised to bring?
    Maybe when my street is plowed for the first time it will be paved with gold?
    Guess we will find out at year end when these companies start paying their taxes.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Guess we will find out at year end when these companies start paying their taxes.
    Is that the expectation? What about all the taxes that the gov't is collecting daily? Do we not expect any reporting of this WIN FALL that we are all going to so massively benefit from until after a year?!
    I guess that gives me more time to pick out Ferrari colours.

Is that the expectation? What about all the taxes that the gov't is collecting daily? Do we not expect any reporting of this WIN FALL that we are all going to so massively benefit from until after a year?!
    I guess that gives me more time to pick out Ferrari colours.
    So you want a daily GST report? The CRA isn't in the business of doing this currently, why would they start doing it for MJ sales specifically?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    So you want a daily GST report? The CRA isn't in the business of doing this currently, why would they start doing it for MJ sales specifically?
    An election is coming and Justine campaigned for this so I figured the instant that money could be shown, he'd be standing on the highest hill telling us all about it.

An election is coming and Justine campaigned for this so I figured the instant that money could be shown, he'd be standing on the highest hill telling us all about it.

Oh I'm sure we will hear plenty about budget and revenue in a few more months when election is closer. They know voters have short term memory problems, and they don't want to give the other side a chance to pick apart all their lies.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

This is all third party story, but apparently one local store was expecting in the area of $1.5-2M in sales the first year, and they hit that within the first 2 months. Next up would be the edibles, which apparently in Colorado carried a 40% bump in sales.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Edibles will be a huge bump. There's a big stigma to "smoking" anything that will hold back a lot of more casual users, and even though those users may not consume much per person, their numbers dwarf that of more regular users (yes this is conjecture/opinion)
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10