Quantcast
Is NASA racist and sexist? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Is NASA racist and sexist?

Default Is NASA racist and sexist?

https://spacenews.com/nasa-astronaut...m-iss-mission/

I mean, sexist is pretty much agiven if you simply separate the payrolls from NASA's inception. Then again, not many women actually tried to qualify for the positions. You could pretty much say $148 Billion of $150 Billion spent on the moon landing missions went to white males. But then again, you could say the same thing in reverse about the NFL.

Should NASA be dissolved and reformed as a different entity (like NATO should be dissolved)? I mean you can just look at the numbers and instantly tell that NATO is pure exclusionist racist.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...lunar-project/

Dun dun duhhh!
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Kevin Costner fixed that shit already. Proof:

They even gave her pearls in the end. Fucking pearls!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Yup, that was pretty epic.

I don't know if I'm gonna take the flak this year, pull up a placard sign with "We didn't land on the moon" to celebrate the 50th anniversary of a white guy golfing on the moon. I figure full riot gear would be in order.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

If you want the conspiracy theory about why the Chinese were banned: They started doing their own research that contradicted NASA's findings, things like three radiation belts instead of two (very important science if you want to know what is inside the earth, and how magma rotates)

Which brings up the idea that China did the accurate measurement because they did it first. Which is a rabbit hole of rabbit holes.

Beresheet, as small as it is - contains a very comprehensive magnetic field detector. My guess is its to measure how inaccurate NASA's original findings were (How much did NASA lie, inotherwords)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-03-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Would doughnut earthbhave four or six radiation belts?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Doughnut earth assumes matter is less important than radiation. Which is true from a human exploring the universe perspective. Once you leave the surface of the earth, the main things you need to be worried about or use to your advantage is radiation. IE: Once you leave the surface of the earth (and assuming you aren't doing something lame like "orbit") the physical rocks that make up the earth and their placement/shape make absolutely no difference to a space travelling society.

What matters is the radiation, how to avoid it, how to capture it and use it. Earth is a doughnut, join me! or forever be confined to rocks.

Don't listen to Never A Straight Answer. NASA (as well as being racist and sexist) is outright retarded for hanging on to spherical earth, as the earths material shape is completely irrelevant if you do not intend to return. The only thing that matters is the doughnuts. Down with NASA!
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-03-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

As can be expected of a crazy Zenops thread, somewhere there is a tiny sliver of merit located in a Fatberg the size of Alex Jones. However, that tiny morsel of truth does not give sufficient authority to continue off on the tangential evolutionary fork that it appears you are headed.

So how about that truth...

What I know of NASA as an entire organization is that it is extremely inclusive, and it's efforts and contributions benefit from having many people coming from diverse fields. It's not just rockets, robots and space stations, but life sciences like agriculture, medicine, etc as well. The idea that NASA is one giant monolithic effort is not accurate, as there is a lot more outsourcing and cooperation than one might think. There are lots of Canadian companies that manufacture or assemble components for NASA projects/facilities; Remember that a lot of historic programs were built by the lowest bidder. One's paycheck doesn't necessarily have to say "NASA" on it to qualify as a contributing cog in such an organization.

Broadly speaking, when projects already have a litany of problems to contend with so it makes absolutely no sense to further burden a project with something as irrelevant as race and gender (unless the science is something directly related to race/gender study of course). There's no way an organization with that much international cooperation could ever get away with those implications if true.

Now I can't speak for NASA's manned program, but if it is anything like the CSA, you should know one thing: Being a Canadian astronaut is a political appointment. The selection process, the interviews, the member feedback, physical testing, etc. In the end all comes down the the Prime Minister selecting those who he feels would best represent the Canadian space program. The final decision is not based on merit. This is how the potential for a sexist/racist selection can still exist.

I don't know that its even worth keeping NASA as a "scientific" organization if it continues to fabricate research. "Fake it until you make it" is running rampant in the USA nowadays. If 10 or 15% of the data coming of NASA has to be triple checked by other organizations, is there even a point in having NASA to start with? Worse yet, if they are caught keeping data while falsifying data given to others.

Respect for NASA is dwindling fast now. I figure all it really needs is one confirmed scandal for it to wiped as a legitimate source of scientific research for any country outside the USA.

Lets add to that: How many people would actually trust NASA to be able to get you 250 miles up in the air and back down again, without a 1 in 43 chance of dying a horrific fireball death. This is reality, and I use miles because the USA still uses the imperial measurement system.

At this point in time, I wouldn't trust NASA to shine my shoes, I sure as heck won't trust them with a blood sample *cough* Theranos *cough*. All I see nowadays is a bunch of white people pretending to do things, until someone gives them a Billion dollars. Just opinion, before Canada throws in with those Snake Oil/Fyre festival salesmen.

If I was an alien with three hands, I'd give NASA three thumbs down.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-03-2019 at 05:49 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.