Quantcast
2017 Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix

Default 2017 Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix

Doesn't look like the Ferraris like the heat as both drivers suffer breakdowns.

https://streamable.com/136ak

https://streamable.com/dtt9g

HAHA
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/852882196532576256
    Last edited by phreezee; 04-14-2017 at 02:28 PM.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Qualifying is Saturday 9AM
    Race is Sunday at 9AM

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Damn, hope Ferrari fixes this and they can compete tomorrow. So much more fun to watch when Mercedes has a challenger.

I got hooked on F1, my first full season. Went to watch the Suzuka F1 last year...and been hooked since, but watching Nico and Lewis always 1/2 was pretty boring, at least Verstappen was showing some crazy passing skills.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix

Originally posted by phreezee

HAHA
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/852882196532576256
    LOL Kimi doesent give a fuck about heat.

Here we go. #44
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Fuck me upside down. That was God damn close.

Valtteri was quick.

Lewis for tomorrow!!!
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

This has so far been a very good season. I'm so happy to see how close these drivers really are.

Join me.

I'm looking forward to the prospect of three different winners in the first three races. The last time that happened was 2013.

I love how Martin b just smashes into people at his walk haha

Join me.

It is good to see a two horse race amongst the constructors this year - it is very early in the season though but it's still good to see.
    Will fuck off, again.

Great race yet again in Bahrain.

RBR hanging with the top group in the first stint shows promise and its too bad for Max suffering the failure.

Alonso vs Kyvat vs Palmer was entertaining in the back.

Alonso auto retiring if not in the points must be frustrating for McLaren/Honda.

Massa single handedly has Williams 1 point behind Force India in the constructors.

Sainz gets 3 grid places for Russia for hitting Stroll.

So many things going wrong for Lewis, but Bottas undoubtedly had the worse race. Can't imagine how getting asked to move over twice in one race will affect him for the next race and the season ahead.

Just wish there were some final lap battles.

Originally posted by phreezee
    Just wish there were some final lap battles.
    NASCAR.

NASCAR's introduction of stage racing, drastically reducing aero downforce, the 5 minute accumulative damage repair rule, go to the garage and you're done and for the all star race, a selection between stickier or less sticky tires (choosing stickier ones after the end of one stage sends you to the back for the next stage) has all made for such a drastically changed race series.

The stage racing alone with the playoff points it rewards drivers with now means that being at the front is of the utmost importance. The aero downforce reduction has really brought the driving skill back into the game as drivers are now able to move someone out of the way with just aero now - this is because spoilers are now 2.5 inches or less and downforce has gone from 2,500 pounds in 2015 to 1,500 pounds this year. Formula 1 cars probably approach if not exceed 5,000 pounds of downforce in a car that has more power, far less weight and way wider tires - take away a lot of that downforce and the driver will become a much bigger factor.

Yeah, yeah, I know - different series but other series could look to NASCAR to see how and why their changes have brought back much more exciting and intense racing.

My Ride
    Grimace

Good race overall. Lance just can't catch a break though.....along with mclaren obviously.
    Would have been a more exciting ending if lewis had stacked instead of backing up rbr.
    Obviously seb is showing ferrari has the pace, but would be nice to see kimi get on a podium.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Good race.

I think Lewis has only himself to blame. He should not have done what he did to get the 5 second penalty. Otherwise he would have been right up there with Vettle. Feel bad for Bottas.

Mclaren = Lolz..

Im not too sure of the Nascar changes apply to F1 to make it more exciting. I mean all Nascar is doing is turning left for two hours.

I can't wait to see how the cars are on the old world circuits.

Lada land next..

All NASCAR is doing is turning left for 2 hours? You should be put into a stock for two hours on an oval and see if you can do it all without turning right once. You'd fail miserably.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Originally posted by speedog
    All NASCAR is doing is turning left for 2 hours? You should be put into a stock for two hours on an oval and see if you can do it all without turning right once. You'd fail miserably.
    My good sir... I disagree... I would not fail miserably. I would fail spectacularly.

Your probably right. I don't doubt at all the drivers have skill and that they are driving at a speed at is ridiculously fast.

But watching F1, British Touring Cars.. I can't get into Nascar. They..are just... turning left.. round and round.. The pit stops are entertaining to watch I admit.

I just spent 6 months watching and trying to get into it. I can't do it. Hell I even playing Nascar Tracks on Gran Turismo.. I can't get my head around this.
    I tried...I really did.

Originally posted by tonytiger55

My good sir... I disagree... I would not fail miserably. I would fail spectacularly.

Your probably right. I don't doubt at all the drivers have skill and that they are driving at a speed at is ridiculously fast.

But watching F1, British Touring Cars.. I can't get into Nascar. They..are just... turning left.. round and round.. The pit stops are entertaining to watch I admit.

I just spent 6 months watching and trying to get into it. I can't do it. Hell I even playing Nascar Tracks on Gran Turismo.. I can't get my head around this.
    I tried...I really did.

No big deal - I find F1 racing from the past few years too predictable, NASCAR's current changes have really shook things up in that series. Something needs to be done in F1 to change things up a bit and more than what they have done.

Originally posted by speedog

No big deal - I find F1 racing from the past few years too predictable, NASCAR's current changes have really shook things up in that series. Something needs to be done in F1 to change things up a bit and more than what they have done.
    I don't understand this. F1 teams move in cycles, there are dynasties that last longer than others.

Not to long ago redbull was absolutely untouchable for nearly half a decade. What changes do you think they could make?

All the top 3 teams are within a couple seconds of each other by the end of the race... thats fucking incredible.

Lewis lost his last race on a margin of 6 seconds over a race that was about 2 hours.

That is absolutely competitive.

the nature of f1 is cutting edge. by legislating tech rules that take away the competitive engineering you might as well watch formula 3.

Formula 1 isnt for everyone. Maybe its not for you man.

Join me.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I remember years ago, Nigel Mansel talked about the better safety at Indy car when he crossed over. Some of that was brought over I think to F1. Especially when Senna died.
    I think there's always opportunities to learn from what our north American chums are doing.

I do miss the in race refuelling, I even remember when that poor bugger got caught when his car caught on fire during a pit stop. I remember watching that live.

I think the issue with F1 is funding. I was reading some articles a while back that Ferrari have too much power and its harder for smaller teams to compete due to funding issues.
    I think a better distribution of money would be good.

F1 is cutting edge (minus Maclaren lolz). There is no doubt about it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by tonytiger55
    I do miss the in race refuelling, I even remember when that poor bugger got caught when his car caught on fire during a pit stop. I remember watching that live.
    That was Verstappen's dad in the Benneton. Steve Matchett from NBC Sports/Speed TV commentary crew was one of the pit mechanics for that stop as well. That fire was a result of Benneton cheating to get higher fuel flow through the pumps to lower pit stop time.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast