Quantcast
Interesting unique fact or experience about you - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting unique fact or experience about you

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Interesting unique fact or experience about you

Wanted to see what kind of other experiences people may have had in their lives that are pretty unique. Stuff that you may never meet another person in your life that can say they have done or had a similar experience. IE: hit by lightning, have 6 toes, wrestled a polar bear and won, climbed mount Everest... that kind of thing.

I will start it off.

When I was 17, I crashed a plane and walked away with only bruising from my seatbelt. Fun fact, the plane was repaired and is still in service today.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

16 - carried the severed lower leg of a coworker to the ambulance after finding him with his lower leg cut off (we were manually moving a string of boxcars and he was knocked off of the head end by a very strong gust of wind, I was at the rear end). This was after I passed by him on the string of boxcars and after I applied a tourniquet using my belt. Didn't eat for a day, it was a quite unsettling experiance.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    something green

^ The amount of blood loss was probably pretty huge...

Early 20's ...I took down a violent offender that escaped from custody at the courthouse, he evaded a CPS lockdown of the core. I and a coworker came across him on a payphone a few days after he escaped. My coworker had the Calgary Sun with the guys picture on the front page in his hands when I approached him, the guy's first words to me were " you got the wrong guy".. lol....
    Got an award from the Chief of police at the time.. Fulfilled my civic duty..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Late teens - was homeless for a very brief period of time. I couch surfed for around six months when I first moved to London (ON, not the good London).

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by A790
    Late teens - was homeless for a very brief period of time. I couch surfed for around six months when I first moved to London (ON, not the good London).
    I liked both =)

My friend went to U of Lethbridge where I never visited her.
    But then I went to visit her in London ON while she schooled there, and during her working holiday in London UK.

Went to both Londons for the same person. Does that count as unique experience?

Survived a 7.7 magnitude Earthquake in the Philippines, there was so much casualties so they had to pile up the bodies all over the place. I used to walk by them on my way to grab bread from the bakery in the mornings. Also, we were not allowed back to our homes until it was inspected so we had to camp outside our house or an open area nearby for sometime, we didn't have school for 2-3 months IIRC, I was 11 at that time.

Probably worse than my coworker's cut off leg would have been the much more horrific injury my recently deceased uncle endured back in 1967 - I would've only been 6 at the time but witnessed full on my uncle as he was moved from my great uncle's pickup into my parent's brand new Rambler wagon. My uncle had slipped and fell into the front of an operating but stationary combine - he had managed to prevent the machine from totally pulling him in by grasping and holding onto stationary pieces of the combine but in the process, the combine completely stripped all the skin and muscle from the fronts of his thighs, so much so that front of his femurs were pretty much fully exposed for pretty much all of their length. Really kind of weird to be standing there and looking at another human being with those bones exposed and whiter than one could imagine.

How that man survived that and the multitude of operations and skin grafts after is beyond me, most definitely another absolutely unique and at the same time horrific experience I've had. Even more amazing that he survived is the fact that it as another 45 mile drive into Medicine Hat and the only thing that kept him from bleeding out was the constant pressure kept on his upper thighs to stem the blood loss. Overall, it's an image I'll never erase from my mind which includes the most haunting sounds of my uncle moaning while going in and out of consciousness. Ugh.

Edit - interestingly enough, the only way my mother could 100% positively identify him in the Foothills Hospital last July after his accident was by asking to see the skin graft scars on the backs of his calves, thighs and back.
    Last edited by speedog; 04-15-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Clever
    Survived a 7.7 magnitude Earthquake in the Philippines, there was so much casualties so they had to pile up the bodies all over the place. I used to walk by them on my way to grab bread from the bakery in the mornings. Also, we were not allowed back to our homes until it was inspected so we had to camp outside our house or an open area nearby for sometime, we didn't have school for 2-3 months IIRC, I was 11 at that time.

My Ride
    Skateboard

I was charged with 7 counts of assault with a weapon and 2 charges of aggravated assault when I was 19. Got off all charges because white guys can't tell us Asians apart. Changed my life after that incident. The guy we had a beef with was eventually charged with murder for killing a guy during a bar fight.

Originally posted by G
    I was charged with 7 counts of assault with a weapon and 2 charges of aggravated assault when I was 19. Got off all charges because white guys can't tell us Asians apart. Changed my life after that incident. The guy we had a beef with was eventually charged with murder for killing a guy during a bar fight.
    In what way did this change your life?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

When I was 18 my best friend got a brand new Cayenne S as a service loaner for taking his Mom's Boxster in for an oil change when she was out of town. We took it off roading in Waiparous (his idea, mind you I was filming the whole thing) and sunk it up to the mirrors trying to cross a river. I think the odometer had about 200km on it when we finally got it yanked out and onto a tow truck to take it back to the dealer. Had to work the whole summer to help him pay for the insurance deductible on a $25,000 repair bill.

Fuck I was such a shithead...

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by speedog

In what way did this change your life?
    Left all my all my unsavory friends, quite gambling, moved back home and fnished high school through correspondence got my degree in computer science in 3 years at the UOfC got hired before I graduated and have worked at the same company since graduating in 99.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    When I was 18 my best friend got a brand new Cayenne S as a service loaner for taking his Mom's Boxster in for an oil change when she was out of town. We took it off roading in Waiparous (his idea, mind you I was filming the whole thing) and sunk it up to the mirrors trying to cross a river. I think the odometer had about 200km on it when we finally got it yanked out and onto a tow truck to take it back to the dealer. Had to work the whole summer to help him pay for the insurance deductible on a $25,000 repair bill.

LOL! Please post the video or at least a picture!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

One time I got caught doing 163km/h on John Laurie (70km/h speed limit) and managed to get off without a speeding/racing/stunting ticket. Definitely learned to take it to the track that day, and started doing autoslalom and drag racing and eventually lapping for my fast driving. I drive my daily driver like an absolute grandma on the street most days now.

And now he globe trots and kitesurfs 24/7

Default I

I know of this story... a friend of a friend ..... lol

My Ride
    changes every year

when I was 13 me and a couple buddies ended up stealing a car (keys were in it, neighbor always did this) I believe it was a Chevy Citation or equivalent.

it was in Erin Woods where I lived at the time. we then went on a Pepsi jacking spree from a gas station (threw a whole bunch of cases in the trunk and drove off).

we drove around for a while until we noticed some dudes following us so we tried to outrun them but ended up dead ending ourselves in Dover.

3 guys come out, one with a shot gun, tried robbing us (we were poor 13 year olds and had nothing) but instead jacked us for our stolen car.

good times. we walked home shitting our pants and without Pepsi and we never saw that car again.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    One time I got caught doing 163km/h on John Laurie (70km/h speed limit) and managed to get off without a speeding/racing/stunting ticket. Definitely learned to take it to the track that day, and started doing autoslalom and drag racing and eventually lapping for my fast driving. I drive my daily driver like an absolute grandma on the street most days now.
    How the hell do you talk your way out of that?

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by relyt92
    How the hell do you talk your way out of that?
    It happens, I got clocked at 183 in a 100 zone, no ticket.
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast