Quantcast
Kid-friendly music - SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kid-friendly music - SUGGESTIONS

Originally posted by AndyL
    Raffi man! It's all about the Raffi!

Omg, such a classic. I used to have like, the DRYEST orgasms to this as a little fella.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quick rant related to this topic:

Maybe it is just my perception and not reality, but why is it that is seems like almost every "artist" nowadays needs to swear so much in songs? When I was younger I only remember hard core rap having swearing, but now it seems that tons of the top 40 songs have radio edits due to the swearing and I don't remember that at all 30 years ago.

It is irritating when you have kids under 10 and you want to minimize their exposure to swearing until they are old enough to understand when it may or may not be appropriate to use.

I just personally feel that people that constantly swear (and artists that insist on swearing in songs) typically are just too stupid to come up with a more appropriate word. Case in point: At my younger kids ball hockey game on Sunday there were 3 dads sitting in the standings talking and all of them were dropping f-bombs every 3rd or so word. There are tons of young kids sitting around them and they sound like a bunch of inbred idiots. They were asked by numerous people to stop and they kept dropping f-bombs, but then apologizing because apparently they just have trouble not using the word...

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by blownz
    Quick rant related to this topic:

Maybe it is just my perception and not reality, but why is it that is seems like almost every "artist" nowadays needs to swear so much in songs? When I was younger I only remember hard core rap having swearing, but now it seems that tons of the top 40 songs have radio edits due to the swearing and I don't remember that at all 30 years ago.

It is irritating when you have kids under 10 and you want to minimize their exposure to swearing until they are old enough to understand when it may or may not be appropriate to use.

I just personally feel that people that constantly swear (and artists that insist on swearing in songs) typically are just too stupid to come up with a more appropriate word. Case in point: At my younger kids ball hockey game on Sunday there were 3 dads sitting in the standings talking and all of them were dropping f-bombs every 3rd or so word. There are tons of young kids sitting around them and they sound like a bunch of inbred idiots. They were asked by numerous people to stop and they kept dropping f-bombs, but then apologizing because apparently they just have trouble not using the word...
    fuck you and your horseshit attitude fuckface. but really, I have a problem with swearing. I guess I'm one of those dumb people because I actually LIKE to swear.

I can come up with words just fine, it's just a nice gap filler. at the end of the day, as long as I don't hear my kid swearing, that's all I care about.

I just watched Menace to Society with my 7yr old son yesterday.. Does that make me a bad father? lol

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by BensonTT
    I just watched Menace to Society with my 7yr old son yesterday.. Does that make me a bad father? lol
    I can't wait to do that! my kid is 8 so you're a worse father than I am.

My Ride
    '98 Camry

Originally posted by Epididymitis
    Your kids ever heard of the maiden?????
    I took my kids (6 and 9) to Maiden in Edmonton.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I've put together an 80's playlist on Spotify for a road trip I'm doing with some friends and their kids this summer (mostly upbeat stuff for the long drive). Current running time is 8 hours and 20 minutes and I've barely cracked the hair bands haha! I'm pretty sure their kids will enjoy it because they were demanding the Top Gun soundtrack the whole time we were in San Diego last year

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

As suggested above Michael Jackson, Beatles, Queen.

Rolling stones, David Bowie, Bob Marley, The Clash, The Police, The Smiths, George Michael, Madonna, Massive Attack, Simple Red, Pet Shop Boys, Happy Mondays, Duran Duran, Oasis, Amy Winehouse, Cold Play, Radio Head, Joy Division, The Cranberries, Marvin Gaye, Air,

Alternative/World. Ravi Shankar, Buena Vista Social Club, Pure Garage : 100 Garage Classics, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Gustav Holst The Planet Suite, Nitin Sawhney, Miles Davis, Ministry of Sound 1997-2000 Annual.

If you want misunderstood homie in da hood music.. without swearing... Run DMC. They showed it can be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2