Quantcast
Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread) - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17

Thread: Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by 88CRX
    This thread reminds me of beyond 15 years ago
    No doubt. This is how we'd settle it back then.

I still have over a 100 time slips from those days. BTW a stock E46 M3 (333hp?) was a 95-96 mph car in Calgary. Stock STIs ran 98-102 mph.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:33 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

They have been one of the best sleepers ever.... for 2004, 5.3s was stupid fast, and nobody aside from a few Suby-Fan Boys even noticed.

I looked for one pretty hard a few years after they came out, could never find one that hadn't been miled out or poorly modded.
    I had one pull me off the line a few months ago. Didn't know wtf it was so I did some research and discovered it's a unicorn. Legacy caught me slippin

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by A790

I'll kick in $20 for shits and gigs.
    I'll throw in a lot more to see this happen, but looks like HP is backing out.

Lamest ending to a fun thread ever

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I'll throw in a lot more to see this happen, but looks like HP is backing out.

Lamest ending to a fun thread ever
    I'm actually not backing out. Just want to wait for any chance of snow to be highly unlikely and will coordinate with Konj.

Regardless of what happens..I know that I beat tubby in his 2014 STi in mexiokanagan on Sunday, April.16th. And I have a witness.

Jack Baruth also echoed my statement. So there ya go, right from an automotive journalist who owns a Porsche and an Accord 6-6. Two race cars. Living the dream.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-accord-coupe/
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-26-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    I had one pull me off the line a few months ago. Didn't know wtf it was so I did some research and discovered it's a unicorn. Legacy caught me slippin

There is a white one that must live near strathcona/aspen area. He has a modified exhaust for sure. I came across him twice when I still had my stasis S4. needless to say I was pretty fucking surprised, the first time i had zero clue how he was within ~1 car length of me

My Ride
    M3P

I thought someone brought a thread back from 10+ years ago the way this Accord dick rider was blabbing. Unreal - Well done

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by colinxx235

There is a white one that must live near strathcona/aspen area. He has a modified exhaust for sure. I came across him twice when I still had my stasis S4. needless to say I was pretty fucking surprised, the first time i had zero clue how he was within ~1 car length of me
    This one was dark blue. I think it may have been tuned due to how loud the turbo was + how fast he took off. Shocked the shit outta me. Love sleepers.

^

yah I probably should elaborate that there is no way it was stock, I would assume bigger turbos + tune. As typically I pulled away from most cars in certain ranges with the stasis. And in cases of guys with older carreras they usually weren't too happy to lose to a sedan

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^yah I probably should elaborate that there is no way it was stock, I would assume bigger turbos + tune. As typically I pulled away from most cars in certain ranges with the stasis. And in cases of guys with older carreras they usually weren't too happy to lose to a sedan
    I had no idea that there were fast factory legacy's. Pretty cool. How much did he pull on you by?

I've never managed to bait a Porsche in any of the cars I've owned. Besides a Cayenne which wasn't even worth the gas. Most owners I've seen don't even corner hard

My Ride
    G37X

Snip
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-28-2017 at 01:52 PM.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Does HP work for Road and Track?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...pe-muscle-car/

The Accord V6 Coupe Is the Last Real American Muscle Car
    lol

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    Does HP work for Road and Track?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...pe-muscle-car/

lol
    Already posted, nope. I do agree with Jack's assessments in the quotes below. For the record, I consider the car a sleeper and not s a muscle car. But he does make a good case for why it could be called one.

"After forty-eight thousand miles with my V6 6MT coupe, I can tell you that it has many other characteristics of a traditional muscle car. It's not exactly a stellar handler, although around most road courses it can dispatch Miatas and the like just on the strength of the motor–that is, until the brakes utterly vanish, which usually occurs around Lap Five. Thanks to its FWD layout, the Accord is severely traction-limited and can spin the wheels on the roll in second gear. It will "chirp third" with reckless abandon; that was once considered to be the sign of an authentic muscle car.

Most critically, however, the V6 Accord is the very definition of a "sleeper". Nobody can ever believe that it's going to drop them from a light the way it does. In a freeway "40 roll" the V6 is wickedly effective at breaking the hearts of stock Evolution and STI owners. Let's not even talk about GTIs and other "hot hatches;" they are easy meat for the big-but-light Honda even if they get a jump in it. Late last year, I found out that my personal car can also keep pace with a Focus RS in those situations. In places where Accords are thick on the ground, such as Southern California and central Ohio, the big-bore coupes are absolutely invisible to the police."

I have a bone stock 2016 sti I'd be willing to run against you, in a safe area of course

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17