Quantcast
Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread) - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by 01RedDX

This guy, remember him?

Now you're obviously ducking him because your mouth wrote a whole lot of checks that your car can't cash, so just apologize and move on. Otherwise quit beyond or start a new account, cause you'll never live this down.
    I'm not apologizing to anyone on the internet nor quitting beyond. I do enjoy this forum. I'll even give some of my biggest fans like errchhy credit. He has a very nice M3. That's one heck of a nice car with the N/A V8 and stick shift. I get tired though of how much of a shit talker he is. I've met him in person before we had beef and he's just as rude in person.

I retracted my offer to do a 1/4 race in Edmonton because I reacted instead of just laughing at his anger towards me beating his Subaru brotha.

Worst case, I win and he wrecks his STI launching. Who wins? no one. I've already beaten a 2014. Does a 2015 have more hp? I think it still has 305 ish right?
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-21-2017 at 08:42 AM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Hahaha, well I totally retract my mustang love affair. That damn car just about bankrupted me with all the problems it had near the end.

My true love was my 98 Camaro. But it was too extreme for a daily driver after I modified it. And it rode like shit.

The Accord is a sensible "sporty" car. It's pretty hard to criticize the car for what it is. Car & Driver tend to agree. An STI or a Golf R would eat me alive on our non existent track. But that was never the intention of the vehicle.
    Yea but they probably also liked the FRS which is dogshit slow.

Any high hp car is a sensible sporty car these days. You could have had a domestic v8 similar year which would have been just as sensible and 10x more sporty

Im not against you on this whole thread but your love for honda accords I have to agree with killramos is suspect haha

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by riander5

Yea but they probably also liked the FRS which is dogshit slow.

Any high hp car is a sensible sporty car these days. You could have had a domestic v8 similar year which would have been just as sensible and 10x more sporty

Im not against you on this whole thread but your love for honda accords I have to agree with killramos is suspect haha
    True. But I respect the C&D review style. Even if it comes across as biased sometimes.

This is my only car. I have one underground parking stall. What's the point in buying a V8 summer car that isn't much faster in day to day driving? I'm trying to pay off my condo in under 25 years

Haha, what can I say, it's a fun car. I never in a million years saw myself owning another fwd car or a non domestic. Honda makes fwd "fun" and with a stick shift and a superb V6 it is a riot with traction control off. Hallowed "Honda" Point

I will never own another ford again. I don't care how fast the new mustangs are. They are not well built cars from my experience. At my age, I need reliability. I drive the shit out of my cars and they can't be broken every other month.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-21-2017 at 08:36 AM.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Was gonna pop in and say your story was believable based on a run-in I had with a Subaru cruise years ago when I had my CL-S 6mt. Definitely wasn't beating any STis, but the stock ones weren't getting away either.

Every time he went to pass me, I'd wait until he got squared up beside me, drop into 3rd and all he saw was lights. Rinse and repeat. He never got close. I swear to god that a newer Camry V6 is faster on the highway that an 2014 STI.
    But this just makes your story sound like fairy tales. If he started out behind you and went to pass, by the time he's "squared up", he's already going 20-30 km/h faster than you... and then you downshifted and pulled him in/beat him?

Sounds more like he was trying to sanely pass you and you were being a complete douche.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Strider
    Was gonna pop in and say your story was believable based on a run-in I had with a Subaru cruise years ago when I had my CL-S 6mt. Definitely wasn't beating any STis, but the stock ones weren't getting away either.

But this just makes your story sound like fairy tales. If he started out behind you and went to pass, by the time he's "squared up", he's already going 20-30 km/h faster than you... and then you downshifted and pulled him in/beat him?

Sounds more like he was trying to sanely pass you and you were being a complete douche.
    No, I was in the right lane. Every time he tried to pull on me he failed. I even let him take the lead a couple of times. I wasn't blocking him out of the left lane. He thought he could take me no problem. Didn't pan out.

Once I put down the pedal in 3rd>4th gear he couldn't get past my bumper. Those things must just be for 0-60 stock. Too much turbo lag and drive train loss. Plus that engine isn't very rev happy compared to a VTEC yo.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

You were going slower than he wanted to travel at, & you'd only start accelerating when you saw him start to pass?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:15 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This needs to be drawn out on http://accidentsketch.com/ so we can visualize it better (Thanks Mar).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CAEB, 6G72

No, I was in the right lane. Every time he tried to pull on me he failed. I even let him take the lead a couple of times. I wasn't blocking him out of the left lane. He thought he could take me no problem. Didn't pan out.

I've been on the receiving end of this in BC actually myself. I'm a big fan of cruise control, and some people are terrified of going around corners at the speed limit. So ideally when a passing lane comes up, I try and get around these drivers. Unfortunately, I guess most of them feel like they are driving Hondas with lightweight rims (or the fact that passing lanes are usually on straight-aways, which are much less scary than corners) so they always speed up again until the next corner.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Can one of the admins change his user title to Accord Troll or something please?
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by cam_wmh
    You were going slower than he wanted to travel at, & you'd only start accelerating when you saw him start to pass?
    No, I was going at or around the limit (people's republic of BC 40 over > tow for 7 days.)

He switched out of the right lane (he was behind me) to show me his STI power. He kind of egged me on by getting right beside me (pacing.) He looked over, and we both matted it. This repeated several times when we caught up to each other in traffic again. He lost every single time and I honked and waved at him when he took the exit to the campground.

My Ride

At the end of the day, I think we all need to feel sorry for HP a little bit. He's got so little going on in real life that he needs to come online to get props for this sporty family sedan, lighter wheels and Columbian girlfriend.

Unfortunately, he came to the wrong place. Beyond won't validate trolls and cowards.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

I've been on the receiving end of this in BC actually myself. I'm a big fan of cruise control, and some people are terrified of going around corners at the speed limit. So ideally when a passing lane comes up, I try and get around these drivers. Unfortunately, I guess most of them feel like they are driving Hondas with lightweight rims (or the fact that passing lanes are usually on straight-aways, which are much less scary than corners) so they always speed up again until the next corner.
    Yes. Cruise control is so tough to use because a lot of Albertan's that vacation in the Okanagan cannot deal with rain or corners.

I do not hog the left lane. I did not leave the right lane. Only to pass terrified owners with Sask/AB plates who freeze when it starts raining or a corner shows up. I was passing more people in the right lane because people are too stubborn or ignorant to observe the clear signs which state "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS"
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-21-2017 at 09:38 AM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef
    At the end of the day, I think we all need to feel sorry for HP a little bit. He's got so little going on in real life that he needs to come online to get props for this sporty family sedan, lighter wheels and Columbian girlfriend.

Unfortunately, he came to the wrong place. Beyond won't validate trolls and cowards.
    It's Colombia, not ColUmbia. I have a lot going on in my real life. It's also not a sedan, it's a coupe with race car wheels.

Go eat your ginger beef and look out for dem fast accords boi.

This is still a car forum right? Bench racing is a big part of having a car forum. Some of you are getting too old and boring I guess.

Beyond won't validate trolls? Hellooo Mar/Arash/InDebt?? Get back to work in your dad's restaurant making that chinese cuisine.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-21-2017 at 09:39 AM.

My Ride

It's Colombia, not ColUmbia. I have a lot going on in my real life. It's also not a sedan, it's a coupe with race car wheels.

Go eat your ginger beef and look out for dem fast accords boi.

This is still a car forum right? Bench racing is a big part of having a car forum. Some of you are getting too old and boring I guess.
    Fine. Does your Colombian girlfriend know she dating a troll and a coward?
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by rage2
    This needs to be drawn out on http://accidentsketch.com/ so we can visualize it better (Thanks Mar).
    Maybe Mar can take what I wrote and do it. His visual was awesome for his encounter with CPS. I really enjoyed that.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef
    Fine. Does your Colombian girlfriend know she dating a troll and a coward?
    Maybe if we run into each other you can ask her? And I did try to have a 1 on 1 with HEYBERT Golf R guy in town but he didn't cooperate. Wouldn't look over or get out of his Golf R.

Anyway, I'm about done with this thread. So I'll say in closing. Stock Accord v6 coupe 6 speed with racing wheels > 2014 STI driven by a tubby from a roll.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Fuel to the fire:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.roadan...ru-wrx-vs-sti/

According to that article VS car and drivers accord results, the accord reaches 120mph 0.1 seconds quicker than the STi.

Also Mexiokanagon (depending where in the valley) can be 800-900ft elevation.

I CAN see the accord keeping a stock STi right on the fender.

Something else funny: a stock STi does 5-60 in 7 seconds. Hallowed's car does 5-60 in 6 seconds. Trollololol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Darkane
    Fuel to the fire:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.roadan...ru-wrx-vs-sti/

According to that article VS car and drivers accord results, the accord reaches 120mph 0.1 seconds quicker than the STi.

Also Mexiokanagon (depending where in the valley) can be 800-900ft elevation.

I CAN see the accord keeping a stock STi right on the fender.

Something else funny: a stock STi does 5-60 in 7 seconds. Hallowed's car does 5-60 in 6 seconds. Trollololol.
    I really did beat that STi! The #'s don't lie. Turbo lag is a bitch. Same with drive train loss.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I really did beat that STi! The #'s don't lie. Turbo lag is a bitch. Same with drive train loss.
    Don't need to convince me. I'm on your side lol.

STi's just aren't that fast, that's why the EVO stomped it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast