Quantcast
Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread) - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

My Ride
    G37X

But no one who has met me in person has called me out. So... Everyone has flaws and character traits. These tend to get magnified over the comfort of inside your car (giving someone the finger and then you end up next to them at a red light) That same attitude carries over to online, social media and what not. I've backed up a lot of my claims on here already. And no, my girl is not from back pages and no you will not find her on there.

It disappoints me that people like Toma, Heavy Fuel and others got banned. As much as you guys bitch, you love the drama.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by ercchry

I could actually name off every genre of vehicle properly when you can't even hit the right generation of car I had at one snapshot in time
    Did you list this skill on your Linkedin profile

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    You clearly have some sort of an elitist type personality. The fact that you call me a redneck speaks volumes about who your really are underneath your veneer. I own a condo and do not live in a trailer. You like to try and pigeon hole me and likely others based on your wannabe baller image.
    Ummmm ....

But I'll bet you have a wardrobe consisting of Banana Republic, The Gap & LL Bean.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:25 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^you totally did you creep... haha, got a notification and everything

Originally posted by riander5

Did you list this skill on your Linkedin profile
    That would be too elitist...

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I actually know Hallowed_point from even before he was on Beyond, he is a super nice guy
    Good to hear. The world needs more nice people.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

The funny part is that I think I've seen Disoblige before. Tall skinny brown guy? Dat internet heat yo
    disoblige is asian no?

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Originally posted by A790

I've met so many beyonders and done so much business on beyond that I had to ditch the e-tough ego years ago. These days the gap between offline and online is gone. I'd say the rep matters.
    Such true words. No, not patronizing you Cam, nor singling you out. I mean, that the line between online & offline personalities, blur into one. In this age, they ARE your brand.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by eglove

disoblige is asian no?
    thought he was white

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by max_boost
    thought he was white
    I'm pretty sure he's asian...unless I am thinking of someone else. I met him at the beyond 10 year anniversary dinner at Craft

My Ride
    G37X

Just saw Fate of the furious. There was a white 2017 STi but no Accord. Sigh...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just saw Fate of the furious. There was a white 2017 STi but no Accord. Sigh...
    The closest I could think of is Vince's 99 Maxima in the original. Wikipedia claims the V6 6 speed was the fastest Japanese sedan in NA at the time. Jesse was a tune away from making it a 9 second car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by rage2

The closest I could think of is Vince's 99 Maxima in the original. Wikipedia claims the V6 6 speed was the fastest Japanese sedan in NA at the time. Jesse was a tune away from making it a 9 second car.
    He WAS a mad scientist bro.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Spotted this sleeper

I dunno, the VQ35DE has been around since the early 02's, and has been mimic'd and improved upon in the HR and the latter VQ37s and yet at this elevation non of the Nissans or Infinities with either motor can keep up with an STI, which means likely not the Golf R with the DSG or a M2 or Golf RS

it is surpisingly light, which is good to hear as almost everything has gotten fat over the years, but again I don't see how this accord coupe can possibly be faster than say a 370Z, which just gets stomped by an STI.

I don't see how the J35Y2 can be any more powerful than the 3.5 in the TL J35Z6 (though newer) however my old altima SE-R (VQ35DE) with some simple mods (y pipe, CAI, TB spacers/VIAS dele) could consistently beat my buddy... and that car could not even keep up with a APR Stage 3 GTI

Originally posted by rage2

Just needed to lighten the injector pulse so he wouldn't unload in third.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    I dunno, the VQ35DE has been around since the early 02's, and has been mimic'd and improved upon in the HR and the latter VQ37s and yet at this elevation non of the Nissans or Infinities with either motor can keep up with an STI, which means likely not the Golf R with the DSG or a M2 or Golf RS

it is surpisingly light, which is good to hear as almost everything has gotten fat over the years, but again I don't see how this accord coupe can possibly be faster than say a 370Z, which just gets stomped by an STI.

I don't see how the J35Y2 can be any more powerful than the 3.5 in the TL J35Z6 (though newer) however my old altima SE-R (VQ35DE) with some simple mods (y pipe, CAI, TB spacers/VIAS dele) could consistently beat my buddy... and that car could not even keep up with a APR Stage 3 GTI
    Nothing you said is wrong except even at our elevation I don't see a 370Z being walked by a stock STi - from a roll.

Since I like fact, here's some more fuel for the troll parade:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/tested-...-fiber-wheels/

Based on that, the 30-130 time dropped 1.2 seconds because of the lighter wheels. Incidentally, Hallowed's wheels are almost EXACTLY the same amount of rotational mass drop. So based on my previous post of the accord actually beating an STi to 120mph by 0.1 seconds, we can now increase that gap to potentially over a full second faster to 120mph.

Discuss. Hahah.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by r3ccOs

http://wardsauto.com/2014/2014-winner-honda-35l-sohc-v-6

"The J35Y2 is so powerful, smooth and quiet that it really demands another carcass in which to bring it alive -- some kind of Frankenstein race car. I kept imagining different configurations in which this powerplant could be used, most of them mid- or rear-engined: Baja desert racer, offshore power boat, single-seat open-wheeled formula car.

And it has broad, useable power and torque curves, too. The Honda enthusiast website Temple of VTEC put it on a dyno and got 257.7 whp at 6,500 rpm and 235.3 lb-ft of wheel torque from about 2,250 to 5,500 rpm. So it’s getting most of its power and torque to the ground."

There are quite a few videos of Accords beating 370Z's , G8 GT's , STi's, WRX's on Youtube. When you're racing a turbo car in a V6 with a relatively broad power band, you have a distinct advantage as long as you aren't granny shifting like a buster. I don't have to worry about turbo lag.

The VQ is a great engine. My brother had a full bolt on VQ40DE in his 05 Frontier. That thing could smoke my stock 09 Si off the line most of the time. But it is a much coarser feeling engine at high rpm vs the j series.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-24-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast