Quantcast
Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record

Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef

Can we line up the coupe 6-6 with light wheels and the new CTR? That would be epic.
    shit, beat me to it. haha

My Ride
    G37X

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record

Originally posted by benyl
    Fly me to Germany. I know that rage has the $$$

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record

Originally posted by benyl

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Fly me to Germany. I know that rage has the $$$
    You're a flake so even if we do set this up, you'll just come up with a lame excuse of why you won't/can't go.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Just need Mini and VW to do up a new Club Sport GTI/Cooper super hatch.

Ford needs to do something crazy with the next ST that will undercut the crap out of the CT-R lol.

The previous Focus RS with an I5 turbo has 300+hp and was FWD.

Lots of great FWD out there. But a 7:40 FWD hot hatch from the factory like this is nuts.

Megane RS Trophy R did a 7:50 lap time and that was the best for a while there.

Beats a lot of supercars and even hypercars from 10-15 years ago as well. The new Camaro ZL1 is hitting 7:15 or less lap time? Crazy times we live in.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:22 PM.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

As much as people will hate on Honda for sticking to a FWD platform blah blah at least they actually built something special this time. This car will be a overpriced FWD yes, but its the fastest and best FWD ever. Even if its costs 45k CDN I see it being sold out for the first couple years due to low availability. The way Honda designed and unveiled this car really reminds me of back in 2008 when Nissan did the GT-R. Its a nurburgring special for the streets.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Only it won't self destruct the transmission-gear-thingy when you launch!
    That's not what happened. People were launching with TC off, not properly.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    As much as people will hate on Honda for sticking to a FWD platform blah blah at least they actually built something special this time. This car will be a overpriced FWD yes, but its the fastest and best FWD ever. Even if its costs 45k CDN I see it being sold out for the first couple years due to low availability. The way Honda designed and unveiled this car really reminds me of back in 2008 when Nissan did the GT-R. Its a nurburgring special for the streets.
    Lets be honest. Honda has never been able to competitively price their performance cars. If they made an AWD CTR it would be $50k plus. Honda is sticking to a FWD platform not because they want to but because they have to.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by heavyD
    Lets be honest. Honda has never been able to competitively price their performance cars. If they made an AWD CTR it would be $50k plus. Honda is sticking to a FWD platform not because they want to but because they have to.
    At the current price point the CTR is pretty out there. But dedicated fans whom are now older and feeling nostalgic will open their wallets.

@ 50 K you'd have to be completely drinking the type R Kool aid.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

@ 50 K you'd have to be completely drinking the type R Kool aid.
    Why is that? EVO MR was $52k back in 2008. Focus RS is 48K now. FWD CTR will likely be around $42-44K. If they made this AWD and priced it around $50K I don't think it would be any less special than those 2 cars.

There are already rumors of 2018 base model that will have less equipment and a lower price in USA. We will likely only get the loaded version as always.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Aleks

Why is that? EVO MR was $52k back in 2008. Focus RS is 48K now. FWD CTR will likely be around $42-44K. If they made this AWD and priced it around $50K I don't think it would be any less special than those 2 cars.

There are already rumors of 2018 base model that will have less equipment and a lower price in USA. We will likely only get the loaded version as always.
    Because to joe public, it's still a civic with a body kit.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    Several rumors point to a "base" model Type R coming for 2018 with a significantly lower price. Currently it's only available in Touring trim. The current difference on a Civic hatch between LX and Touring is $7550, so even a $5K cheaper Type R would be significant (and lighter).

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I wonder what the capacity will be to build these in the UK facility seeing they have always only had to build for Europe. Not really a fan of the ultra low volume cars like the Focus RS where dealers can play games with pricing. It's one thing to pay $45k for a Civic as I would still be open minded if the car is as good as it's cracked up to be and to get back into a Honda after a 15 year hiatus but I simply refuse to pay a dealer markup on any car.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by heavyD
    I wonder what the capacity will be to build these in the UK facility seeing they have always only had to build for Europe. Not really a fan of the ultra low volume cars like the Focus RS where dealers can play games with pricing. It's one thing to pay $45k for a Civic as I would still be open minded if the car is as good as it's cracked up to be and to get back into a Honda after a 15 year hiatus but I simply refuse to pay a dealer markup on any car.
    Focus RS prices seem pretty reasonable lately? Seeing lots below $50k cdn, considering our dollar right now, that doesn't seem out of this world?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2